Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job front office! Thanks for walking the walk.

Hughes is a talent but most importantly he's driven to succeed. That's who you build a team with.

And it must be recognized that the front office is competitive on their bids. I'm sure Dogra had contact with all the other interested teams and other than Jacksonville, none stood out. Kudos to Hughes on being more than just about top dollar.

Fantastic day to be a Bills fan!

Aweseome job OBD!
B_qHaX9VAAA8pU2.png
Rex has the edge rushers to rush 4 and the blitz packages to cause some hell. I can't wait to see this defense in action.

In two seasons in Buffalo, Hughes has racked up 120 pressures (23 Sk, 18 Ht, 79 Hu), 13th best among all 3-4 outside linebackers and 4-3 defensive ends since the start of the 2013 season. That places him alongside the likes of Tamba Hali, Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil in terms of total production. In terms of a rate of production he fares even better, with his 12.5 Pass Rushing Productivity rating placing him eighth among all edge defenders with at least 150 pass rushes in the last two seasons.
I'm sure some have said he's bad against the run, presumably because he's a little undersized. That's just wrong. Hughes has been a damn good football player the past two years. Damn good job keeping him here at a reasonable salary.
Edited by elroy16