Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earth to Rodak - if Rex didn't think he was going to a big piece of his D, they would not have signed him to this deal.

@mikerodak: Hughes played 52% of snaps in Pettine/Rex scheme in 2013. Question is how much he plays in 2015, and if he's worth $9M/year.

Earth to Rodak - if Rex didn't think he was going to a big piece of his D, they would not have signed him to this deal.

@mikerodak: Hughes played 52% of snaps in Pettine/Rex scheme in 2013. Question is how much he plays in 2015, and if he's worth $9M/year.

He's such an absolute donkey rooster.

I ain't gonna lie, I thought his value was going to be in the 10-12$ M a year range. Great signing and value.

if I'm piecing the reports together correctly, it looks like Jax may have offered more (don't know if it was per year or gtd) but he chose to stay here. He had 5 additional teams express interest but no reports they were higher.

Earth to Rodak..... Pettine's scheme is not Rex's scheme. They are similar but different. Rex Ryan is a great defensive mind. If he had no need for Hughes he would have said so. He was clear from day 1 he wanted Hughes back.

This is a brilliant move. The strength of this team is its defensive front.... which is without question elite. Keeping that in place is a major move. I'm liking this offseason more with each passing day. Hughes back, Shady on board, cap space to get a TE and a G...... I can't wait for September.

Edited by GunnerBill