Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say beat the Seahawks and be the first for a fully guaranteed contract.

I'm all for that, just not on Hughes. A guy like Revis, I'd be more inclined.

(Not that I expect them to be players in the Revis sweepstakes with Hughes being retained, just using it as an example)

Whatever the figure ends up being folks....plz keep in mind that it is not your money!

This is what made Pegula buying the team special....he is willing to pay to win

You've been around here long enough to know there's a salary cap that makes this relevant even if the guy writing the checks has the deepest pockets imaginable.

Whatever the figure ends up being folks....plz keep in mind that it is not your money!

This is what made Pegula buying the team special....he is willing to pay to win

No one cares how much he's putting into his bank account in ACTUAL currency.. we just care about how much of "our" cap space he's going to account for.

The "salary cap is not an issue" crowd is quieter now.

Why? The cap is no greater of an issue than it was before, since with McCoy's new deal, the Bills are essentially where they were before they traded for him and Cassel.

The "salary cap is not an issue" crowd is quieter now.

We likely have 15m left. Look for a solid vet with a big pay check and a couple role players- what are you worried about? Hughes looks to be coming cheaper than that crowd even expected.

I've directly asked you what you are worried about (with real numbers) and you just keep dodging and making comments without fact or foundation

Edited by NoSaint

We likely have 15m left. Look for a solid vet with a big pay check and a couple role players- what are you worried about? Hughes looks to be coming cheaper than that crowd even expected.

I've directly asked you what you are worried about (with real numbers) and you just keep dodging and making comments without fact or foundation

Was reported as $20.1M earlier...

Maybe the plan is to wait until next year when Darius' contract is up.

Early projections before the Shady deal, last Monday, was that the BILLS were projected to be about $60 million under Cap for 2016, would make sense for BILLS to wait when they can unload a huge contract for Dareus while allowing them to pursue their desired players this year.

:oops:

No worries- I wasn't explicit

IF Fred gets moved and IF we see a guy like urbik gone were quickly back at 20m range even post hughes - that's a lot of coin for a TE and a lineman and a couple spot guys here and there

Edited by NoSaint

Or because the cap is an issue.

What is the issue with the cap? Are you saying you are right that the cap space will get smaller as we start signing/re-signing guys? I would think no one would disagree with that.

I think their argument is that the Bills have the amount of cap space to make those moves and be just fine. So far they aren't wrong...