Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy/ His contract has $1 million in dead money (guarantted cash), $10 million cap hit for Philly. The Bills will have to renegotiate with Drew Rosenhaus. It will not come cheap.

Nope. But it won't be as big of a cap hit as some are fearing (or as it currently is). This should also prove to you that Shady can't hold out. You don't sit with only 1 million left on your deal -- not when you're approaching 30 and are one of the top backs in the game.

He'll sign. He'll get paid. It won't wreck the Bills' cap. Everyone wins.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT... I... MUST... PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(even when we're talking about the best RB in football who magically came to our team for a bag of magic beans)

#BillsLife

Alonso is actually of Cuban and Colombian descent, not Mexican, but your racism is noted.

Alonso is actually of Cuban and Colombian descent, not Mexican, but your racism is noted.

You may not know this, but well before God came around, Cuba and Colombia were bent around and attached at the land mass, got together, and !@#$ed, and that is where Mexico came from.

Different teams so the pie chart is apples and oranges (though very pretty),

But who gives a **** about locker room nonsense. Show me the yards.

Kind of my point. We had a great defense without Kiko last year and a crappy offense. We added to the offense and basically stayed the same on defense (assuming Spikes and Hughes are in the plans).

So has there been any update on this?

I feel like there's been a whole lot of nothing about this since the rumors were announced. Neither team has officially announced anything. But media is talking like it's a sure thing. Are there actual contract negotiations happening? Is that what's holding up officially?

So has there been any update on this?

I feel like there's been a whole lot of nothing about this since the rumors were announced. Neither team has officially announced anything. But media is talking like it's a sure thing. Are there actual contract negotiations happening? Is that what's holding up officially?

Officially deals cannot be made until the new league year which is about six days.

Then why have the Bills announced the Cassel trade and not the McCoy trade?

I bet it involves a physical and maybe a restructure and since they really can't even chat with McCoy yet they might have to wait

Cassel is like who cares and they know he's not gonna be a problem

Both trades will go through tho

Then why have the Bills announced the Cassel trade and not the McCoy trade?

not sure. There is not anyone who is saying it won't go through. Even Rosenhaus. I imagine the Bills are negotiating with Shady, as well as Kiko needing a thorough physical. That's what is likely holding it up. Both teams agreed to it. There is no question about that. The Bills called Spiller and told him that is what they're doing, etc.

It all happened so fast.

not sure. There is not anyone who is saying it won't go through. Even Rosenhaus. I imagine the Bills are negotiating with Shady, as well as Kiko needing a thorough physical. That's what is likely holding it up. Both teams agreed to it. There is no question about that. The Bills called Spiller and told him that is what they're doing, etc.

I'm not suggesting why it won't go through, seems most people are pretty sure it is going through.. just curious what's going on in addition to the Kiko - McCoy swap... whether it's contract, or are there picks involved, etc.

Edited by Dorkington

I'm not suggesting why it won't go through, seems most people are pretty sure it is going through.. just curious what's going on in addition to the Kiko - McCoy swap... whether it's contract, or are there picks involved, etc.

I understand. According to reports this all happened in 20 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure it's contract talk and the Eagles confirming that Kiko's knee is sound. That, to me, is the only thing that could derail it.

No picks involved. Reportedly the Bills are working on the contract to lessen cap hit and increase his guaranteed $. Also, WGR said a well placed source with Bills said they do not have any worries about him reporting or otherwise.

I understand. According to reports this all happened in 20 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure it's contract talk and the Eagles confirming that Kiko's knee is sound. That, to me, is the only thing that could derail it.

Yes- Kiko will need to pass the physical. I'm sure Dr. Chip will put on his trainer hat to ensure it goes well.

Apparently the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce and Welcome Wagon are arranging a visit for McCoy so he can learn that Buffalo is (a) in the same time zone as Philadelphia and (b) the homes available for purchase come with gas heat.

They will also be driving him directly across the state line so McCoy can see for himself that Pennsylvania and New York are connected and he has not been traded to a foreign country.

I read that this trade is pending Kiko passing a Philly physical.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Kiko ending the year on IR/PUP and he technically cant be traded until the new league year due to CBA or something. (Purely my speculation)

Apparently the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce and Welcome Wagon are arranging a visit for McCoy so he can learn that Buffalo is (a) in the same time zone as Philadelphia and (b) the homes available for purchase come with gas heat.

They will also be driving him directly across the state line so McCoy can see for himself that Pennsylvania and New York are connected and he has not been traded to a foreign country.

That's pretty good.

He chose to go to Pitt, which is 3 1/2 hours away from his hometown of Harrisburg. I get playing HS, College and NFL in the same state and it's a cool story, but Buffalo is only 5 1/2 hours away from his hometown.

:lol: Nice.

As if Philly isn't cold and doesn't get snow.

121113-mccoy-snow-600.jpg

For those who say Shady's in decline, here's SI's take on his reduced production:

In 2013 he led the NFL in carries (314) and rushing yards (1,607), following that up with a 312-carry, 1,319-yard season in 2014 despite a series of injuries that left Philadelphia's offensive line in shambles.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/03/eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-bills-kiko-alonso-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

Also, Philly had QB issues which allowed defenses to focus more on McCoy in 2014.

He had 1,100+ yards in his last 12 games (96 yards per game, 4.6 per carry).

If he can simply match that in Buffalo, we come out way ahead IMO....

The one that gets me is "used to playing for the playoffs".

Over the last 4 years the Eagles have missed the playoffs 3 of them.

Yeah I saw that too. I guess they mean in contention? But we were in contention for the playoffs last year. I guess we just aren't relevant enough for him to notice that. We just need to break this drought and get rid of the stigma of being playoff-less team.

No picks involved. Reportedly the Bills are working on the contract to lessen cap hit and increase his guaranteed $. Also, WGR said a well placed source with Bills said they do not have any worries about him reporting or otherwise.

Yes- Kiko will need to pass the physical. I'm sure Dr. Chip will put on his trainer hat to ensure it goes well.

Answers my questions :thumbsup:

But that one playoff loss was awesome!

the first two seasons were left out of that calculus. He has made the playoffs 3 times in 6 seasons - 50 percent of the time. The Eagles lost all three, but two of those losses (in 2010 and 2013) came down to the last play of the game. In his 6 years with the Eagles, they had one losing season and had double digit wins 4 times. So yes, he's used to playing in games that matter in late December.

So you are completely disregarding Whaley's established track record of finding LBs, and instead projecting the failings of past GMs going as far back as Tom Donahoe onto him. Ok. Great argument you are making here...

You can be pissed if you want. I'll trust that Whaley and Rex Ryan know how to identify LB talent.

I'm going to give a shout out to the scouting department as well as Whaley for the LB finds...

That's pretty good.

He chose to go to Pitt, which is 3 1/2 hours away from his hometown of Harrisburg. I get playing HS, College and NFL in the same state and it's a cool story, but Buffalo is only 5 1/2 hours away from his hometown.

Shorter drive from Harrisburg to B'lo than from Philly to Pittsburgh