Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

I don't have time to read through all 57 (at this point) pages of replies...so i'm sure it's been stated. but i have to weigh in:

The Bills continue their trend of over-paying for running backs. I'm ok with trading Kiko. but how about to move back into the first round, or for a tight end or QB? Makes no sense to trade for a running back entering his 7th year in the league.

When have we ever over paid for a running back?

CBF

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... or maybe the Niners just have an awesome defense. Which they did. The point is pretty inarguable, Dog! Belichick is checking out Kelly's practices for insight, not Roman's. And I think Roman is basically fine.

Yeah but Josh McDaniels is looking at Greg Roman

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/27/josh-mcdaniels-patriots-te-usage-influenced-new-bills-coordinator-greg-roman/

yup -- both very good coaches.

as KTD notes, aggregate stats like total yardage are highly skewed when comparing a grind out the game team like SF vs an up tempo run as many plays as possible team like the eagles.

I like Roman and think he's a significant upgrade. But he's not Chip Kelly.

but i dont think its fair to act like hes such a huge step down from kelly/reid that we wont see a successful mccoy.

Are you really trying to argue that Kelly isn't a brilliant and innovative offensive mind? Seriously?

I think he is overrated. I think he is good. He hasn't done anything to prove himself great yet in my mind. His team runs loads of plays but they are the same plays, over and over again. Having said that the Marv Levy, Ted Marchibroda up tempo attack was the same. Marv always says offensive play callers should throw away 3/4s of their play book and start from there. Chip runs the same plays to different sides and with different personnel lining up in different spots over and over again and at such high speed that teams can't substitute. It makes them kind of cool to watch but I don't think it is all that innovative. The Bills were doing it 20 years ago.

I like Roman and think he's a significant upgrade. But he's not Chip Kelly.

He's not. But Kelly is taking a major risk this year and from people who know these things, I have heard he's one of the most arrogant know-it-alls anywhere. He could totally tank this year if he doesn't get a QB and RB. He may very well be over his head as a talent evaluator in the NFL.

I like him. I wanted the Bills to get him. But he's risky and he's an ass. As far as practices go, Roman already spent a lot of time with Kelly at Oregon, and Kelly went to Roman's practices. Roman took some of Kelly's read option offense and tweaked it for his own players, innovated, and that is when kaepernick took off.

Roman is not Kelly, you're right about that. But he may last longer in the NFL.

Are you really trying to argue that Kelly isn't a brilliant and innovative offensive mind? Seriously?

Where do you pull these straw men from? I never said anything along the lines of Kelly not being a great offensive mind. You'd have to be silly to argue that.

My comments are simply backing Roman, and saying that we dont have much of a drop-off between Kelly and Roman.

Plus Philly is a craphole of a city. Pointing fingers at Buffalo is the last thing they should do.

Have you been into the City of Buffalo? It's not all HarborCenter/Canalside and Elmwood Village. It's as physically destroyed as any American post-industrial wastescape.... Detroit, Cleveland, Philly, etc. It's simply a giant festering craphole run by visionless leaders. So it's basically a smaller version (population and geographic area) of Philly. This blindness to what Buffalo is by many is astounding. The region still has less jobs than it did prior to the recession. Still among the most impoverished and segregated cities with one of the worst urban school systems. Yeah, it's awesome.

Have you been into the City of Buffalo? It's not all HarborCenter/Canalside and Elmwood Village. It's as physically destroyed as any American post-industrial wastescape.... Detroit, Cleveland, Philly, etc. It's simply a giant festering craphole run by visionless leaders. So it's basically a smaller version (population and geographic area) of Philly. This blindness to what Buffalo is by many is astounding. The region still has less jobs than it did prior to the recession. Still among the most impoverished and segregated cities with one of the worst urban school systems. Yeah, it's awesome.

Mr. Sunshine, is that you?

I actually think that Buffalo is going through a renaissance right now and has a bright future.

Just my two cents.

How did Kiko do in 2014?

So far, we've paid Kiko for two years of work and he's given us one. That's not good ROI.

I like Kiko but we have a paucity of talent on offense and an excess of talent on defense.

And if we can't establish a running attack in 2015, we're screwed.

I don't believe Kiko has been paid for two years. If, as I believe to be the case, Kiko spent the season on the NFI list, he would not have received his base salary or any bonuses. He also did not gain a year accrued on his contract. If he was IR'd, he would have received his base salary.

Perhaps these two items have something to do with him wanting out. He may have been pissed that the Bills stuck him somewhere that meant he didn't get paid instead of IR When he was injured working out. Maybe the Bills were not convinced that the injury occurred during a workout and thought it may be the result of some other type of screwing around, so they didn't want to pay him and had soured on him.

It's also a great place to live, filled with great food, great neighborhoods and great people, and the vast majority of professional athletes who play there love it.

So you agree with me?

Personally, I think Philly is a cool place. Has a lot of character, and art, it's not super expensive. Sure some parts have a lot of crime, but that is true for almost any major city.

I agree. My daughter lives there so I spend lots of time there. But it also has vast areas of blight, just like Buffalo. That was my point.

I find the idea that Roman won't know what to with Shady ridiculous. Even if you buy into Chip Kelly being a genius, Roman certainly knows how to scheme the run game. The Niners have been top 5 for the last few years.

FWIW, in Philly the perception is that a big chunk of why the trade happened was that Shady didn't necessarily "buy in" to the Chip Kelly approach of running things like a college team with that level of involvement. A prime example was cutting DJAX coming off a Pro Bowl season for nothing but dead cap space.

Whatever you think of his x's and o's his personnel management is...contentious.

Who cares which city is "better"? I'm sure McCoy will only live in Bflo during the season. He's used to the weather. He can get his cheesesteaks and art and whatever else he wants in PA the other 6 months.

Edited by YoloinOhio