Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Who cares which city is "better"? I'm sure McCoy will only live in Bflo during the season. He's used to the weather. He can get his cheesesteaks and art and whatever else he wants in PA the other 6 months.

Someone should immediately get him drunk and take him to Jim's Steakout. That will solve the whole problem.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kiko Alonso was in this draft he would be the 1st defensive player taken. Probably the first non-QB take which could honestly mean he would be taken #1 overall in this crappy draft.

We should have been calling teams in the top 10 if we wanted to trade Kiko. Or at least get Nick Foles or something.

I mean really, we got a 4th rounder for Lynch. We should have traded a 4th or 5th for McCoy, not a player worth a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft.

Whaley and the Bills got totally OWNED. This will become more evident to all of you deniers over the next 12-36 months.

Kiko wouldn't grade out as the best defensive player in this draft. That's L. Williams, the best player in this draft. And he's a beast.

I'm down on this trade but if we can somehow fill Kiko's vacancy via free agency I'll be able to accept it.

It won't keep me from hating these myopic moves on WR's and RB's from Whaley when the priority should be offensive line. QB being obvious but more difficult to fill.

We have the replacements for Kiko on the roster. Brown, Bradham. You play 2 LBs most downs in the NFL, not 3 or 4 even in Rex's scheme.

Apparently everything thinks this is Madden and not real life; with that mindset, they can pretend this trade is somehow a good one.

It's a great trade for the Bills. It's the kind of trade on Madden that you'd have to override the computer's AI to get it to accept Kiko for Shady.

Plus possibly signing David Harris.......hard to not like this trade....Buffalo fans?? This is why we can't have nice things!!

:lol: :lol:

Look, I'm not hating on McCoy AT ALL, but the cap space this year has doesn't cover the money we need to get a lot of guys re-signed next year. I don't want future cap issues when we need to pay guys on second contracts. That's a lot for a RB. My argument is mostly from a cap stand point based on the position, but his miles concern me too. Having said that, I hope he tears it up and makes it look like a deal.

Shady has $1 million guaranteed money left on his deal, that means he'll renegotiate before he suits up for Buffalo to a contract with a cap friendly number for the Bills' long term needs and one that pays Shady. It's all good.

My only concern about the trade is that Sullivan agrees with it.

Kiko wouldn't grade out as the best defensive player in this draft. That's L. Williams, the best player in this draft. And he's a beast.

We have the replacements for Kiko on the roster. Brown, Bradham. You play 2 LBs most downs in the NFL, not 3 or 4 even in Rex's scheme.

It's a great trade for the Bills. It's the kind of trade on Madden that you'd have to override the computer's AI to get it to accept Kiko for Shady.

Shady has $1 million guaranteed money left on his deal, that means he'll renegotiate before he suits up for Buffalo to a contract with a cap friendly number for the Bills' long term needs and one that pays Shady. It's all good.

im guessing you see the 3 year 25 turn into 4 years 30 with more guaranteed money and flattened out around 7m annually instead of the 10+ this year and call it a day. its not going to be a drastic change to the cap.

I find the idea that Roman won't know what to with Shady ridiculous. Even if you buy into Chip Kelly being a genius, Roman certainly knows how to scheme the run game. The Niners have been top 5 for the last few years.

FWIW, in Philly the perception is that a big chunk of why the trade happened was that Shady didn't necessarily "buy in" to the Chip Kelly approach of running things like a college team with that level of involvement. A prime example was cutting DJAX coming off a Pro Bowl season for nothing but dead cap space.

Whatever you think of his x's and o's his personnel management is...contentious.

Not if you do whatever he says, immediately, without question!

lol

Some time to digest and here are my thoughts on the off season so far:

The Bills have gotten better at HC

The Bills have gotten better at OC

The Bills have gotten better on o-line

The Bills have gotten better at the RB position

The Bills are no worse off than last year at the LB position

I don't care about the cap as others have said the numbers will be different and the Bills don't have concerns with it anyway. I sure hope Hughes comes back but that really has nothing to do with getting Shady. I liked Kiko but think that Brown had just as good of a rookie season as Kiko's. The defense did well without Kiko last year so as long as Hughes returns I don't see why that success can't be repeated.

We will know if it was the right move in the next 3 or so years. Until then I have no urge to stake a claim to be right later on. I am very excited that McCoy is part of the Buffalo Bills and bummed that Kiko isn't.

From NFL.com...

Clinton Portis thinks there's one absolute winner in this blockbuster running back for defensive player trade.

"I don't see Kiko Alonso turning out to be a J.J. Watt or a Ray Lewis, just dominating this conference," Portis said Wednesday on NFL AM. "Maybe he does, but I don't see it. It'll be hard to do. The Billsreally won in this trade and I know for LeSean McCoy, there's some aggravation in being traded, you feel like you've done so much for a city, but you have an opportunity to go to a team that wants you, play for Rex Ryan, a guy you know will run the ball."

He added: "This is a trade I really don't understand.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476309/article/clinton-portis-the-bills-really-won-this-trade

"

I doubt McCoy will play a down for the Bills. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has siad there is no deal. McCoy is not happy and does not want to play in the Queen city. Bad trade, Talent alone, Bills win, but the reason Philly is so willing to trade him is on display. If the trade goes through and he refuses to report, do the Bills trade him? Bills will not get value since the other teams know the Bills are in a weak position. Do the Bills retain him and let him sit? This is a headache that is not needed. The draft could have provided a good RB. Wait and see folks. This story is not done. Scott VanPelt and Russillo show on ESPN are doing a segment on this. Very interesting stuff.

I doubt McCoy will play a down for the Bills. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has siad there is no deal. McCoy is not happy and does not want to play in the Queen city. Bad trade, Talent alone, Bills win, but the reason Philly is so willing to trade him is on display. If the trade goes through and he refuses to report, do the Bills trade him? Bills will not get value since the other teams know the Bills are in a weak position. Do the Bills retain him and let him sit? This is a headache that is not needed. The draft could have provided a good RB. Wait and see folks. This story is not done. Scott VanPelt and Russillo show on ESPN are doing a segment on this. Very interesting stuff.

What????

CBF

Some time to digest and here are my thoughts on the off season so far:

The Bills have gotten better at HC

The Bills have gotten better at OC

The Bills have gotten better on o-line

The Bills have gotten better at the RB position

The Bills are no worse off than last year at the LB position

I don't care about the cap as others have said the numbers will be different and the Bills don't have concerns with it anyway. I sure hope Hughes comes back but that really has nothing to do with getting Shady. I liked Kiko but think that Brown had just as good of a rookie season as Kiko's. The defense did well without Kiko last year so as long as Hughes returns I don't see why that success can't be repeated.

We will know if it was the right move in the next 3 or so years. Until then I have no urge to stake a claim to be right later on. I am very excited that McCoy is part of the Buffalo Bills and bummed that Kiko isn't.

Not quite true, we haven't re-signed/replaced Spikes yet. I'm assuming its in the cards, though, with this trade.

If his agent encourages him to walk away from over $24 million he needs to find a new agent

i can't find the article now but I posted it earlier. He was shocked last night but says he's moved on.

SVP and Rusillo show....they talked about this. Rosenhaus is saying no deal His client does not want to be in Buffalo. Do the math. See the link. A source close to McCOy is hinting of holding out and making things difficult.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/04/why-me-lesean-mccoy-upset-hell-be-traded-to-bills/

Edited by Nitro