Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who want to trash Whaley for this trade so quickly, ask yourselves these questions:

a) Did the Pats*, Jets, and Fish see the trade and think, "great, the Bills just got worse?"

b) Did the Cowboys, Skins, and Giants see the trade and think, "damn, now the Eagles are better?"

Exactly

He's had more success than Chip in the NFL running offenses. But yes he is not on their level. He is, however, pretty highly regarded.

Chip is walking a highwire here. If he doesn't get production at QB this year he has nothing to fall back on. And the Philly media will eat him alive...

He's had more success than Chip in the NFL running offenses. But yes he is not on their level. He is, however, pretty highly regarded.

Not true. The Eagles were 3rd in points and 5th in yards in 2014, and fourth in points and second in yards in 2013.

In Roman's four seasons with SF, here's what his offense did:

2011: 11th in yards and 26th in points

2012: 11th in yards and 11th in points

2013: 11th in yards and 24th in points

2014: 25th in yards and 20th in points

If you asked every approximately 120 owners, GMs, HCs, and OCs to name the top 5-6 running backs in the NFL, virtually all of them would include McCoy. If you asked the same people the same question about linebackers, I doubt you would get one Kiko Alonso, although it's possible, and Kiko is very good.

We got a star player, and like Watkins, you cannot win without star players.

That said, if you asked those 120, who is worth more, McCoy at 10m or Kiko at 775,000, there would be quite a range of opinions and most would likely say Kiko.

Not true. The Eagles were 3rd in points and 5th in yards in 2014, and fourth in points and second in yards in 2013.

True. They went to three championship games. Yards and points are completely distorted by the Eagles because they run so many more plays. Edited by Kelly the Dog

I don't have time to read through all 57 (at this point) pages of replies...so i'm sure it's been stated. but i have to weigh in:

The Bills continue their trend of over-paying for running backs. I'm ok with trading Kiko. but how about to move back into the first round, or for a tight end or QB? Makes no sense to trade for a running back entering his 7th year in the league.

If you asked every approximately 160 owners, GMs, HCs, and OCs to name the top 5-6 running backs in the NFL, virtually all of them would include McCoy. If you asked the same people the same question about linebackers, I doubt you would get one Kiko Alonso, although it's possible, and Kiko is very good.

That said, if you asked those 160, who is worth more, McCoy at 10m or Kiko at 775,000, there would be quite a range of opinions and most would likely say Kiko.

True. They went to two championship games.

thats probably a fair assessment and a good way to frame it.

How many championship games has Kelly been to?

True. They went to two championship games. Yards and points are completely distorted by the Eagles because they run so many more plays.

... or maybe the Niners just have an awesome defense. Which they did. The point is pretty inarguable, Dog! Belichick is checking out Kelly's practices for insight, not Roman's. And I think Roman is basically fine.

Edited by dave mcbride

If you asked every approximately 160 owners, GMs, HCs, and OCs to name the top 5-6 running backs in the NFL, virtually all of them would include McCoy. If you asked the same people the same question about linebackers, I doubt you would get one Kiko Alonso, although it's possible, and Kiko is very good.

That said, if you asked those 160, who is worth more, McCoy at 10m or Kiko at 775,000, there would be quite a range of opinions and most would likely say Kiko.

True. They went to two championship games. Yards and points are completely distorted by the Eagles because they run so many more plays.

Those are good points and a fair assessment

And as good as Kiko was his rookie year, he's still an unknown. Was it the dline in front of him? Was it just a good rookie year and thats it? Is his knee completely healed? The Bills were able to turn a player who is good but replaceable into an elite talent.