Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SVP and Rusillo show....they talked about this. Rosenhaus is saying no deal His client does not want to be in Buffalo. Do the math.

If you think that is anything more than negotiating the new deal through the media, then youve never met Drew Rosenhaus before.

If you think that is anything more than negotiating the new deal through the media, then youve never met Drew Rosenhaus before.

That and other than a complete hold out, I'm pretty sure a player has no say in whether he is traded or not when he's still under contract.

I will. To each his own.

Yup. Even when they're wrong. :beer:

Rosenhaus said there is no deal because the eagles told him there is no deal, because it hasn't been signed yet. Shady is already dealing with it and the trade is going through. There is NO report whatsoever, from anywhere or anyone saying it will not go through.

Rosenhaus said there is no deal because the eagles told him there is no deal, because it hasn't been signed yet. Shady is already dealing with it and the trade is going through. There is NO report whatsoever, from anywhere or anyone saying it will not go through.

BUT... I... MUST... PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(even when we're talking about the best RB in football who magically came to our team for a bag of magic beans)

#BillsLife

And because the deal can't go down yet, until 3/10. It's posturing for $$.

I am glad to see you admit this about your self. Very enlightening brother.

BUT... I... MUST... PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(even when we're talking about the best RB in football who magically came to our team for a bag of magic beans)

#BillsLife

Why panic? You misread it. It was an analysis of the dynamics of the trade. If McCoy does play, I will be happy. I have my doubts.

I am glad to see you admit this about your self. Very enlightening brother.

Why panic? You misread it. It was an analysis of the dynamics of the trade. If McCoy does play, I will be happy. I have my doubts.

There aren't any substantial (or sourced) reports saying Shady won't play. The fact his contract only has $1 million in guaranteed money left in it (on a 3 year deal) means he has ZERO negotiating power to hold out. The Bills will restructure his deal (and win some points with him by giving him a fat signing bonus -- nothing endears you to your new employer like a boat load of cash).

You're worrying about absolutely nothing. I promise. :beer:

And because the deal can't go down yet, until 3/10. It's posturing for $$.

Yet at the same time, the Bills official sites announced the Cassel trade... so I think this trade is still very much in the works, and could possibly fall apart, otherwise they'd be plastering it all over the place, no?

There aren't any substantial (or sourced) reports saying Shady won't play. The fact his contract only has $1 million in guaranteed money left in it (on a 3 year deal) means he has ZERO negotiating power to hold out. The Bills will restructure his deal (and win some points with him by giving him a fat signing bonus -- nothing endears you to your new employer like a boat load of cash).

You're worrying about absolutely nothing. I promise. :beer:

http://nypost.com/2015/03/04/why-me-lesean-mccoy-upset-hell-be-traded-to-bills/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/03/04/lesean-mccoy-isnt-happy-with-being-traded-by-eagles-to-bills-report-says/

Read these. This is why I have my doubts.

Edited by Nitro

Not for nothing, but it would carry more weight coming from McCoy instead of an unnamed source. A bit of the comments sound like they are the sources opinion and not McCoy's.

“In your mind, when you think of Buffalo, you think of cold and losing games,” the source said. “It’s not like it’s the Philadelphia market, where you’re always on TV and you’re playing for like the division title or that type of thing.”

For those who say Shady's in decline, here's SI's take on his reduced production:

In 2013 he led the NFL in carries (314) and rushing yards (1,607), following that up with a 312-carry, 1,319-yard season in 2014 despite a series of injuries that left Philadelphia's offensive line in shambles.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/03/eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-bills-kiko-alonso-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

Also, Philly had QB issues which allowed defenses to focus more on McCoy in 2014.

I read them. They're all speculation and none of them get around the fact he only has $1 million in guaranteed money left on his deal. If you don't factor that into the equation, you're missing the bigger picture. These are emotional responses to the trade, not reliable insight into what Shady's going to do.

He's a professional football player who has one, maybe two, contracts left. He needs to restructure to get guaranteed money, and he will. The Bills have all the power in this situation, not Shady. He won't hold out.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy/ His contract has $1 million in dead money (guarantted cash), $10 million cap hit for Philly. The Bills will have to renegotiate with Drew Rosenhaus. It will not come cheap.

3 years 25m already isnt cheap. you will likely see a 4th year added, but being that he will be 30+ itll be lower than the current average and higher than hed get at 30. something like a 4 year 30m deal.