Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

you really think the super bowl champs wouldnt have beaten us if they kept their starters in? its the second half where they do the most damage against us. like our first game against them in buffalo. we were down by 6 at the half and it looked like a game, second half collapse and we lose by 15.

I don't know, but what I do know is we won the game. If you look it up in the NFL record books, it says its a win. So, IMHO, it's a win. Anything else is just making excuses.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Benigni ‏@AdamBenigni 2m2 minutes ago

Told at least two teams in the mix for Josh McCown. #Bills and @MaryKayCabot reports #Browns.

Tweeted two minutes ago.....just want to give some hope to the many who seemingly don't want this to happen.

at least for me, I'm fairly neutral on the mccown signing. What I don't want to happen is the "plan" that was laid out by Leroi, that mccown is being brought in to start, EJ will be cut, and locker signed to "compete" but will ultimately be the backup. Because roman and mccown are friends. That whole scenario is really upsetting if true. Jmo.

If mccown is being signed as another QB on the roster to come in and compete but the expectation is he could be the "vet backup", and they plan On signing another QB as well, and giving EJ a chance in camp, I don't have any issue with it.

Guys, I wouldn't look to McCown's numbers last year as the Bucs had by far the worst line in football. They were atrocious. There are no real good options unless we can trade for Foles. Moore's never had decent numbers, nor Sanchez.

We put ourselves in this situation without a 1st round pick, but even if we had one, who are we going to get at 19th. Not Mariotta, or Winston.

They will find a suitable backup (Locker) cut EJ and Teul and draft a 3rd stringer project.

McCwn and Locker battle it out in TC, with McCown eventually taking the starting spot.

Unfortunately, EJ is not in our future plans.

Imo

Starting all over from scratch is a scary thought at this point, just when our defense is very good.

I just can't see cutting EJ without a good alternative.

I appreciate Leroi passing along his info, but in that scenario McCown would get cut. EJ and Locker would easily beat him out. McCown is a 35 yr old trainwreck of a backup. I'm not an EJ fan but I know he is a competitor and would outplay both of those guys enough to win the job. McCown is a joke and always has been

Talk about putting your eggs into one basket if that is in fact "the plan." This could completely blow up in their face and waste a very, very good defense. I suppose when thinking about it a bit, what else can they do? If EJ doesn't work out, it would be a waste of a very good defense. If some other FA QB doesn't work out, it's a waste.

Cleveland is in the negotiations stage as well with McCown per some yahoo link

AP sources: Bills, Browns in talks with quarterback McCown

Go Brownies

The guy saying they are cutting EJ doesnt make sense. It will cost them money and cap space just to cut him. If they let him compete with the other QBs it cost much less dead cap.

IMO they are idjuts

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

BS Bills ahead at the half against the NE starters. I really get tired of reading on here that the Bills wins where "gifts" or "lucky". Detroit's kicker gave us the game! Just lucky against Minnesota! GBs offense took the day off!

Sorry Jim, but IT was a GIFT. ZERO points against 3rd stringers!

how can you even think otherwise??? since when had a 11 point deficit at half time meant a sure loss for the Putrids? How many prior games had the Bills controlled the game in the 3rd to lose when the clock struck 0 in the 4th?

maybe, once you remove the Kyle Orton Avatar we will believe you are trying to be serious.

Had to come check this out. The EJ getting cut rumor has been picked up by the Browns message board, with a link to this board! The radio guys yesterday were just talking about trying to trade for him if the Bills traded for Bradford. Never though he would be available if they didn't have an actual QB to replace him. Has this been verified anywhere else? I'd be ecstatic.

Players like Manuel, who seems to have no defenders in the NFL, have no trade value. He may be scarfed up by another team if he is cut, but no one is going to be stupid enough to trade for him given how he's looked and the proverbial word on the street regarding his accuracy and recognition skills.

With all due respect, my brother works for the SD Chargers. None of that is accurate (no pun intended) though I can see how believing it might make you feel better if your team did something like this.