Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

Seems like a bad practice for coaches who are getting paid to put down their players and potentially effect their professional earnings. Like why woulda recruit ever trust a coach who did that.

Well it was @ lunch and he was talking about Jameis being able to run the whole offense vs. EJ reading one side of the field and running. It was a casual setting with the UNC HC and a few FCS coaches and no players, that I remember. It was more build up of JW rather than put down of EJ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, it's not intended as a calling him out. If he's an insider, I think that's a very reasonable question to ask....loose lips sink ships, why deep-6 any possible trade value?

while I give him credit for his previous report on Rex and roman and usually believe posters info, I agree with this. Seems like a huge leak that would be to the detriment of the organization.

My fear is that the "reported" EJ move in March would precede a Whaley exit. Rex reporting to Pegs. Doesn't want EJ on team. Trumps Whaley. Whaley leaves.

If there was a franchise QB and a guy better than EJ as a backup I'm not upset. That is clearly not the case with the mccown/locker report. So it makes me sick to think I was so excited for this year and the QB plan looks worse than I ever imagined.

Unlike Marrone, Whaley is not a "cut off your nose to spite your face" kind of guy. Whaley is Mr. Poker Face in Shades. He currently has one of 32 GM jobs in the NFL. He worked 10 years at the Steelers and 3 years as Assistant GM to get there, and leaving the team in the lurch just before the GM's busiest time of the year would be a sure way to trash his rep in the league. He's not walking.

So I think you can put that fear to rest.

As for McCown, meh. It's a weak FA crop and right now he's one of the few that a team can hold discussions with until March 7th. I'm with the "wait and see" suggestions of John from Hemet and others.

while I give him credit for his previous report on Rex and roman and usually believe posters info, I agree with this. Seems like a huge leak that would be to the detriment of the organization.

Apart from the concept that Leroi said that EJ would be cut, thus Bills not looking for a trade......does anybody actually think that a comment from an anonymous poster on a forum will get picked up by the media and/or other teams?

I think EJ is the type of mobile/serviceably athletic guy that Roman and Lee like to work with. I think that they will do a lot with EJ and I think that we will see him make all 16 starts if healthy. I also think that any free agent they bring in won't see the field. I honestly don't think any of these free agents are an upgrade over EJ. There is that small outside chance of finding a diamond in the rough in the draft but outside of that happening, i wouldn't be upset with EJ starting every game. We will either have something or cut bait after the season

Apart from the concept that Leroi said that EJ would be cut, thus Bills not looking for a trade......does anybody actually think that a comment from an anonymous poster on a forum will get picked up by the media and/or other teams?

yes. I and other posters have connections on other teams.

1) Locker and McCown have worse career records than Manuel. Manuel has basically the same qb rating as Locker and a better one than McCown.

2) has Rex ever shown any ability in relation to evaluating qb play? And hopefully he proves himself, but Roman had Harvaugh behind him. He hasn't yet been in his own.

Again, I hope this is wrong because to just cut a young player without evaluating him first hand seems mindblowingly dumb.

Yep yep yeppers. What the man said.

But why wouldn't they look for a trade, Dibs, that's the point. EJ's salary to the Bills is guaranteed, right? They have $2.5M in dead cap money if they cut him, right? For the sake of argument, if we take it as gospel that the Bills have given up on Manuel and don't plan to have him on the team, why would they not look for a trade?

Edited by Hopeful

Just can't see any way EJ doesn't come back. I'm not much of an EJ fan but he is better than what Rex had LY and that would mean bringing in two new guys. Don't believe EJ is a keeper but agree with those who say we can't give up on him.... w/out a very, very good alternate plan. And that doesn't mean McCown + a #6 or #7 DC.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Just can't see any way EJ doesn't come back. I'm not much of an EJ fan but he is better than what Rex had LY and that would mean bringing in two new guys. Don't believe EJ is a keeper but agree with those who say we can't give up on him.... w/out a very, very good alternate plan. And that doesn't mean McCown + a #6 or #7 DC.

i know, signing mccown doesnt mean losing EJ. why take the cap hit? he's not a locker distraction or anything like that, unless there's something they're not telling us about him

LY? Really?