Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

Haven't felt this negative about the organization in years. Really effing sad. I absolutely hate the "plan" at qb.

You don't know what the plan is. Everyone is overreacting to speculation. There is NOTHING good out there.

Edited by nucci

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will find a suitable backup (Locker) cut EJ and Teul and draft a 3rd stringer project.

McCwn and Locker battle it out in TC, with McCown eventually taking the starting spot.

Unfortunately, EJ is not in our future plans.

Imo

Sorry, but not buying this. No way they cut Manuel for some scrub like Locker.

And also, who is this Leroi character and why is everyone accepting his posts as gospel. I don't think they're going to cut Manuel.

This is starting to become comical. So Locker is a scrub and EJ is what then?

Leroi called the Ryan hire before it happened. I hope this more of his opinion than anything because the idea that Ryan would cut EJ before camp is so dumb. Does he not like that fact that EJ would be the only qb he has ever had that has thrown more tds than ints?

I hope this is wrong because he would only confirm my one major question about Ryan. He appears to be clueless about Qbs. Locker is basically Manuel. That's why they should battle it out for the job. Loser gets cut and you keep McCown as the backup. But to cut Manuel before a competition would be so foolish.

But let's not overreact yet (even though I have been :) ).

And also, who is this Leroi character and why is everyone accepting his posts as gospel. I don't think they're going to cut Manuel.

This is starting to become comical. So Locker is a scrub and EJ is what then?

My point is that Locker has had plenty of time to prove himself, has not, and offers no upside to Manuel that I can see. So why would they cut their own guy 14 games in for someone else's mistake? Makes no sense.

He wasn't good but 1 TD and 8 picks with 3 losses (think it was 3) Hoyer was worse.

I don't care how Orton compares to any other mediocre qb in this league. After watching him perform last year I consider him to be unacceptable as a starting qb for us. If Whaley brought him back as a starter I would strongly advocate that Whaley be fired for incompetence.

I'm aware that McCown is an average to below-average qb at best. But at least he can move and is dedicated enough to work out in the offseason and come into camp fit, something that Orton didn't do.

My point is that Locker has had plenty of time to prove himself, has not, and offers no upside to Manuel that I can see. So why would they cut their own guy 14 games in for someone else's mistake? Makes no sense.

Agreed. Let Locker and Manuel battle for the job. Hooe one of them steps up.

I've never seen a qb get such a raw deal as Manuel except Flutie. I could see if he was a turnover machine and won no games but come on. People's expectations are sacked in terms of qb play.

Agreed. Let Locker and Manuel battle for the job. Hooe one of them steps up.

I've never seen a qb get such a raw deal as Manuel except Flutie. I could see if he was a turnover machine and won no games but come on. People's expectations are sacked in terms of qb play.

I'm with you 1000%...but we are in a dwindling minority. I still have hope for EJ...but it looks like he might get the axe.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Leroi called the Ryan hire before it happened. I hope this more of his opinion than anything because the idea that Ryan would cut EJ before camp is so dumb. Does he not like that fact that EJ would be the only qb he has ever had that has thrown more tds than ints?

I hope this is wrong because he would only confirm my one major question about Ryan. He appears to be clueless about Qbs. Locker is basically Manuel. That's why they should battle it out for the job. Loser gets cut and you keep McCown as the backup. But to cut Manuel before a competition would be so foolish.

But let's not overreact yet (even though I have been :) ).

he has said it twice now (two separate occasions) I'm holding out hope its opinion too but I'm sick that it seems to be real info.

I don't care how Orton compares to any other mediocre qb in this league. After watching him perform last year I consider him to be unacceptable as a starting qb for us. If Whaley brought him back as a starter I would strongly advocate that Whaley be fired for incompetence.

I'm aware that McCown is an average to below-average qb at best. But at least he can move and is dedicated enough to work out in the offseason and come into camp fit, something that Orton didn't do.

Agree with every word in your post.

While Whaley and Ryan work together, Whaley has final say on roster, according to Pegula. Don't see Manuel being cut this soon.

This could be a breaking point. Whaley wants Manuel to get a shot at the job. If Ryan doesn't let him, I could see Whaley leaving.

IMO, that would be a mistake because I think Whaley has built a good roster.