Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ was 2-2. Orton was basically 6-6. What did we accomplish by playing him? Again, his qbr was the same as Manuel's rookie year.

I question all of Marrone's decisions. Naming Hackett as a OC and qb coach. Mike Williams. Urbik. Moving Pears to G.

Maybe manuel struggled because Marrone is a giant idiot. Again, if Manuel played more games and was just as bad, I'd be ready to move on. But Qbs, especially young ones, have bad games. They need to play through it. Again if Roman works with EJ and decides he's not the answer, I'm ready to move on. But sorry I don't put much faith in current Jags assistant coaches.

That's fair. Except Orton being "basically 6-6." Not sure what that means. I think the only difference between me and you is that I am ready to move on a bit quicker than you are. I mean honestly, what do you really think the chances are of EJ having a break out year this season and solidifying himself as the Bills' starter for years to come? I would give it around 10%. What say you?

We are desperate to find an alternative to EJ.

We feel McCown is an upgrade to Orton.

Roman and him are good friends. Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM, also look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.

Imo

:( cutting EJ would really upset me as a fan. And I defend pretty much everything. Edited by YoloinOhio

Roman and him are good friends. Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM, also look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.

Imo

That's a pretty bold statement but I will wait and see.

Imo

Thanks leroi....dang feel bad for the kid but its better to cut bait early. I would guess we are targeting someone early in FA then as well reading between your lines...

If they cut EJ (whyyyyy) they need to bring in two more QBs.

Thanks leroi....dang feel bad for the kid but its better to cut bait early. I would guess we are targeting someone early in FA then as well reading between your lines...

to me it looks ridiculously early for a QB. Sorry. I think it looks embarrassing. I'm really pissed if this happens.

Imo

That would be so stupid. But at least our coaches are signing their friends.

This first move has been less than inspiring.

If this is true, I hope he gets to sign with Chip Kelly and get a real chance to develop.

To cut a first round pick after 2 years of Doug Marrone would be completely idiotic.

If they cut EJ (whyyyyy) they need to bring in two more QBs.

to me it looks ridiculously early for a QB. Sorry. I think it looks embarrassing. I'm really pissed if this happens.

I would agree with you Yolo...but its not Rex and Roman's first time at the rodeo. If what they see on tape is slow recognition, an inability to read pre-snap, chronic knee issues and slow pick of the offense -- and they are worried this can't be overcome...its time to cut bait.

Edited by Formerly Joe F

I think that's the plan also. No way he get's cut if they are planning on having McCown and Tuel as the only 2 on the roster. Has to be something big lined up to even consider doing that.

Please don't sign McCown, There's younger better options Locker, Mallet and Sanchez.

For these types of players, younger is a bug, not a feature. If they're low-ceiling guys, you should almost always take the vet over the young guy. It's not like any of these guys will ever be franchise qbs who stick with a team for the long term.

I would agree with you Yolo...but its not Rex and Roman's first time at the rodeo. If what they see on tape is slow recognition, an inability to read pre-snap, chronic knee issues and slow pick of the offense -- and they are worried this can't be overcome...its time to cut bait.

You mean the things a HC and OC are suppose to help develop in a raw rookie? Instead we had Marrone fondling the oline to the point it was useless and JV doing was his boss told him to do.

Edited by The Wiz