Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

Our first winning season in 10 years.

You honestly believe Orton really had anything to do with our "winning record" (The Pats didn't care about week 17)? We won despite starting him.

It was beyond worthless starting him. At least, him and Marrone can build on last year this year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly believe Orton really had anything to do with our "winning record" (The Pats didn't care about week 17)? We won despite starting him.

It was beyond worthless starting him. At least, him and Marrone can build on last year this year.

shhhh we won't remind people the Bills scored ZERO points against the Putrids 3rd stringers in the 2nd half

Did I not say balance? Yes or no?

Do we really want to say Orton gave us "Good QB Play"????

I wish there was a site that tallied 3 & outs per game.

I'm not trying to say right or wrong but you said that 64.2% completion, 3800 yards, 23 TDs and 12 INTs would be "very good." Those were Orton's stats extrapolated over 16 games. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175402-trade-for-mike-glennon/?fromsearch=1

wasn't that the tread you tried to bait me into saying that?

I will give more credit to Sammy Watkins than Orton. NE gave the Bills the game in week 17 otherwise Orton would have finished 2014 @ .500 the same a EJ finished 2014 @ .500.

Please research and find me the # of 3 and outs for Orton and compare that with the league average.

I'm not trying to say right or wrong but you said that 64.2% completion, 3800 yards, 23 TDs and 12 INTs would be "very good." Those were Orton's stats extrapolated over 16 games. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175402-trade-for-mike-glennon/?fromsearch=1

Buffalo was 18th in passing offense < 5o% of the league

Teams with better passing than Buffalo and had worse records, Miami, Washington, Atlanta, and grudgingly N'Awlins,

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

TBD truism: "A team wins because of it's QB, unless it's someone we don't like."

I think the truth of QB play in the NFL is three-fold:

- No team can win consistently without decent QB play

- Some teams cannot win consistently without very good QB play

- Most teams can win consistently with excellent QB play

same division same soft schedule and conference teams. the AFCN usually splits yearly.

and the Bills lost to the Raiders :blush: :blush:

Guys can we stop with all this who beat who stuff. The Raiders beat the Bills and the Bills beat the Packers and the Packers beat the Patriots, who won the Super Bowl. Oh my.

wasn't that the tread you tried to bait me into saying that?

I will give more credit to Sammy Watkins than Orton. NE gave the Bills the game in week 17 otherwise Orton would have finished 2014 @ .500 the same a EJ finished 2014 @ .500.

Please research and find me the # of 3 and outs for Orton and compare that with the league average.

Those are your words not mine. I don't think that Orton is good but there are worse guys out there. It's just odd that you are now trashing the exact performance that you called "very good."

Orton was who Orton is and it was good enough to get them to 9 wins. I don't see McCown or EJ at that level currently. I would have much preferred a boom or bust type than a low ceiling journeyman. I really don't care about the playoffs at all. I care about being in position to win a Super Bowl.

Guys can we stop with all this who beat who stuff. The Raiders beat the Bills and the Bills beat the Packers and the Packers beat the Patriots, who won the Super Bowl. Oh my.

I don't think losing to a bad team, or winning against a good team is irrelevant no. These teams have records for a reason, and the best records (most of the time) go to the post season for a reason. It is very relevant.

Orton was who Orton is and it was good enough to get them to 9* wins

To be clear Kirby,

2 of those wins go to EJ and win #"9" for Buffalo was a gift from NE*

Fair enough on the 2 wins but the Bills were winning 17-6 at halftime of the Pats game (with their starters in). So Orton was who Orton is and led them to a 7-5 record.

Comparing EJ to Hundley?

They aren't all that similar in their styles of play.

Also, I'm not sure what in McCown's 11 seasons tells you he's (a) as good as Orton (which isn't very good at all), or (b) better

Similar, only in both are way too inaccurate for this league. EJ was only asked to look to one side of the field and then run @ FSU. Whereas Hundley took too many sacks that were his fault. Comparing the ball out of their hands only ----> they don't get to the target. Bottom line : Orton is gone and EJ is not going even a game manager. Would take McCown over EJ if only because EJ isn't the answer & McCown just might be for a year or two. The view on EJ came from coach James Coley @ a week long spring camp @ the University of North Carolina last spring when he visited during the week. My son, who coaches Div. 1 asked the difference between Jameis and EJ.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Josh McCown is not an upgrade to Kyle Orton, he is on the same level as Kyle Orton, which is not very good. I do not see McCown as a 1-3 game improvement in the "win" column, and that would be an "upgrade."

I don't know what it would take to get Sam Bradford, but the fact the Bills said they are not even interested in him, really worries me. Makes me think it's the same old Bills, to be honest.

Either way, I hope they draft a QB...Garrett Grayson, Brett Hundley, Bryan Bennett, Brandon Bridge...get someone to develop.

Literally the only reason I want to sign McCown is because we aren't allowed to sign anyone else yet.

I hope they are only Publicly Flirting with McCown because the Rams are asking too much for Bradford.

When the Rams see that we are moving on, they might just pick up the phone.

Edited by maddenboy