Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake about which qb Rex is going to favor entering training camp. It is going to be the veteran qb over the younger and more physically imposing qb. One of the primary reasons why Rex went through such a disasterous season last year is that his young qb made poor decisions (making the right reads and protecting the ball) and was an erratic passer. Do you think that he wants to go through that same ordeal with his new team? Rex would be more than willing to have a care taker veteran qb who although very much limited as a player knows how to play and manage the game.

Rex is not a fool. EJ is going to be given a chance to compete with McCown or whoever is brought in. If he demonstrates that he is a better option he will be the starter. In my view the HC's bias is going to be leaning toward the more experienced qb. Whether EJ is the starter or not because of the injury factor in a long season he will be given an opportunity to get playing time.

I hope you are right.

look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.

Why in God' name??

EJ's on a rookie contract that doesn't save them much if anything in terms of cap space. There's absolutely no reason to not take a look at him in training camp and make a decision then. I've always thought Whaley was a smart guy--and this would be a really dumb move...

Locker is pretty much EJ, both drafted mid round one, both have been injured, stats etc. One big difference is Locker has much more experience and is entering the prime of his career. He is further down the path many would like EJ to be on. I would also add that he may have physical skills that EJ doesn't, that is in the organization's belief.

IF this happens. Leroi could lose all credibility with this one.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

You are assuming that Whaley's public statements on EJ were his true beliefs, always dangerous when you're talking about an NFL GM.

Personally I don't know why they'd cut EJ other than not enough off season snaps to go around. I'm not a fan, but, this is puzzling if true.

I suppose the 2nd day of FA is give. Because the Bills expect to sign a QB day 1.

I think the EJ situation was the breaking point of the Marrone-Whaley situation. EJ has his share of blame but I don't think Marrone and the offensive coaching staff helped him. Marrone was only looking out for himself and not the franchise.

I won't write off any qb after 2 and IMO, a bad coaching staff. I feel like Whaley sees this the same way, because I believe he had a big say in drafting EJ. JMO of course.

They will find a suitable backup (Locker) cut EJ and Teul and draft a 3rd stringer project.

McCwn and Locker battle it out in TC, with McCown eventually taking the starting spot.

Unfortunately, EJ is not in our future plans.

Imo

I fail to see how Locker is a better option than Manuel. Also, shouldn't Manuel have some value? Cut seems a little harsh.

I'm not saying that he was good. They needed to upgrade. I am simply putting the hyperbole check on. Compare Orton in the 2nd have to Hoyer and it isn't even close. Orton cannot be considered "the worst" for that reason.

Also, I am taking Leroi's word as gospel. He's earned it.

I don't know if Leroi has inside information or not. But what he is saying is very plausible. Last year on WGR prior to the season I believe that it was Paul Hamilton?? (could have been someone else) he said that the staff was stunned how inaccurate and erradic EJ was during the offseason workouts and in training camp. Supposedly the coaching staff were so spooked at his poor performances that they came to the conclusion very early on that they were in trouble with EJ as a starter. It didn't take Marrone too long to pull the plug. Part of the friction between Whaley and Marrone had to do with the lack of backup plan if EJ faltered.

Leroi, let me know if what I just said is somewhat accurate!

Leroi is Rex.

you live in Cali and are not even in the same time zone dude.

I am you. you are rex. and we are all together. John is the Walrus

this is all crazy talk. EJ is winning the starting job. and no one expects it except B. Beelzucheat. foolish people

The Leroi report makes very little sense to me. I'll believe it when I see it. The only way it makes any sense is if Whaley absolutely hates EJ as a prospect now, which I highly, highly doubt.

Not to mention, they probably are pretty sure they are getting McCown, but are not sure. And they have no idea right now if they are getting Locker, especially if they sign McCown. I understand he is saying two days into FA, and that is when they would know if they had another potential starter like Locker. But even so, Roman and Rex are the guys that need to decide if EJ has any talent, chance, worth, etc, and there is no reason at all not to send him through OTAs and let Rex Roman decide for themselves.

If they know he sucks and there are no plans whatsoever they would have already cut him.

I don't know if Leroi has inside information or not. But what he is saying is very plausible. Last year on WGR prior to the season I believe that it was Paul Hamilton?? (could have been someone else) he said that the staff was stunned how inaccurate and erradic EJ was during the offseason workouts and in training camp. Supposedly the coaching staff were so spooked at his poor performances that they came to the conclusion very early on that they were in trouble with EJ as a starter. It didn't take Marrone too long to pull the plug. Part of the friction between Whaley and Marrone had to do with the lack of backup plan if EJ faltered.

Anyone that went to SJF could tell you that. They were so desperate they brought in Jordan Freaking Palmer. I'm led to believe the friction between the two was due to the lack of a starting QB plan.

Anyone that went to SJF could tell you that. They were so desperate they brought in Jordan Freaking Palmer. I'm led to believe the friction between the two was due to the lack of a starting QB plan.

They brought in Palmer because it was clear that Thad and Tuel were not cutting it as backups and proved it when they cut all three of them. They kept EJ.

Leroi, let me know if what I just said is somewhat accurate!

All stuff that the EJ dreamers (I'm going with that from now on) fail to acknowledge- it's always "but the guy has only played 14 games..." You'd think he would have at least looked better in practice than he did as a rookie. Any which way you looked at it, he regressed, which is not a good sign.