Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

The perfect plan for the Bills is to get Manning and use two QB sets. Manning lines up, reads the defense/audibles. Hikes the ball. If he sees single coverage way down field, he hands the ball to EJ who throws it as hard as he can with his eyes closed. If there are two deep safeties, Manning throws one of his 5 yard ducks. Championship.

Instead, how about they have Dr. Frankenstein attach Peyton's head (maybe even shave the forhead so it doesn't need a custom helmet) to EJ's body so that they don't have to play short-handed. It's a win-win-win. Peyton gets limbs that still work and a neck that doesn't have all the wear from the years of wind shear on his forehead, the Bills still get to make use of a first round draft pick, and EJ keeps his spot on the team (sort of).

EJ head on Peyton body can throw teeshirts to the crowd where his tendency to throw things over people's heads will be compensated for by his newly worn out arm.

Edited by transient

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking out loud here, if you could have any QB in the world now on the Bills where would Peyton rank? Top 5? Top 10? Top 20? Which guys would you rather have than Peyton Manning of 2015? For me (in no particular order): Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Romo, Ryan, Wilson, Newton, Big Ben and Flacco. I guess that I would have him right around top 10.

For what we currently have in place? Rodgers, Luck, Newton, Wilson, Big Ben, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Flacco, Peyton

Food for thought...if this miracle happened, I'd still build a power running game and use 2015 Peyton in PA, where he excels.

True, he chokes in the playoffs, but with the way we are built, he would not need to shoulder the load. Play defense...run the ball...go up top when opportunity knocks.

Super Bowl!

No thanks. I think Manning has reached the end of the road as a player.

GO BILLS!!!

really at this point, you are hoping hes a little better than the injured version, for 1-2 years and that his intelligence at the line makes up for any age issues.

i mean, hes better than orton, not that its a good standard to go by.

Food for thought...if this miracle happened, I'd still build a power running game and use 2015 Peyton in PA, where he excels.

True, he chokes in the playoffs, but with the way we are built, he would not need to shoulder the load. Play defense...run the ball...go up top when opportunity knocks.

Super Bowl!

up top for Peyton right now is about 15 yards. His arm is shot.

Let's temper our lust for Manning with how he actually played the last few games. The guy may really be hitting the wall.

He may be getting close to a wall but he also may have been injured. Two seasons ago he had his best year ever, a historic MVP season but floundered in the superbowl. This year he started out as hot as he was in the the previous regular season but struggled later for whatever reason, you say old age I say injury. I dont think the last couple games will be the norm for him next year though, dont expect 16 of those The guy can play still. Obliviously hes slowed down but Im hard pressed to believe that he went from the best 16 game stretch hes ever had followed by 8+ great performances this year only to fall completely apart beyond repair in a 5 month span.

I would love Manning in Buffalo

Just thinking out loud here, if you could have any QB in the world now on the Bills where would Peyton rank? Top 5? Top 10? Top 20? Which guys would you rather have than Peyton Manning of 2015? For me (in no particular order): Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Romo, Ryan, Wilson, Newton, Big Ben and Flacco. I guess that I would have him right around top 10.

Update: Luck too

yup. and how many of those might shake free this year? maaaaaaybe 1? if 1 does, you have to take a shot. even if not to win the big game, to bridge the gap some to the guy that can