Wade Phillips hired as DC in Denver

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: Wade Phillips tells me the #Broncos have hired him to be defensive coordinator. Im excited about it. Then he went to go celebrate.

Reunites with Kubiak

Von Miller as a 3-4 OLB... Bad things, man

Wait, was that deja vu from 1989?

RETURNS to Denver, it should be stated... I'm pretty sure he was Broncos DC before he came to Buffalo to DC (obviously before Marv retired, and Son-of-Bum became HC).

Wade spent three years as the Broncos defensive coordinator, before taking Dan Reeves place as head coach for two seasons. Then he came to the Bills, as DC, and HC in waiting...he is a hell of a good coordinator.

Excellent hire. Wade is proof that the good coaching works in every era. I get kind of tired of hearing about how forward thinking and inventive coaches are the only way to go. Core philosophies have always worked.

I applaud this statement and sentiment.

Went to HS with Wes (now Wash TE coach I believe and on the rise), his son while he was the coach. He would always come to the football and basketball games and was so nice to everyone, just a regular dude. Always rooted hard for him after he left.

Wade was always a good DC. I think he'll do really well back in Denver

Wade was always a good head coach. In two years as head coach of the broncos he made the playoffs once and went 8-8. His team made the playoffs 2 of the seasons he was in Buffalo. His team in Dallas made the playoffs every season with the exception of one. He even got better results than Bill Parcells with the same roster.

Wade was always a good head coach. In two years as head coach of the broncos he made the playoffs once and went 8-8. His team made the playoffs 2 of the seasons he was in Buffalo. His team in Dallas made the playoffs every season with the exception of one. He even got better results than Bill Parcells with the same roster.

+1. :thumbsup: for son of Bum!