Wade Phillips hired as DC in Denver

YoloinOhio

Wade is a really likeable guy...and he is the poster child of "great coordinator but not so great head coach"

As a DC....Wade is the man

Why do you think he is a "not so great head coach?" You can't be basing that off of his win loss record or his ability to lead teams to the playoffs. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just curious. I personally think he was a really good head coach in Denver, Buffalo, and Dallas.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RETURNS to Denver, it should be stated... I'm pretty sure he was Broncos DC before he came to Buffalo to DC (obviously before Marv retired, and Son-of-Bum became HC).

He was also their head coach briefly during Elway. I think Elway threw him under the bus a little and he got fired after a year when Elway was hurt. I think he went 9-7 then 7-9.

Sorry if wrong, going by memory.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Why do you think he is a "not so great head coach?" You can't be basing that off of his win loss record or his ability to lead teams to the playoffs. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just curious. I personally think he was a really good head coach in Denver, Buffalo, and Dallas.

He is limited

Just because Marrone gave us our first winning record since him doesnt mean anything to me.....

This teams have not won anything....eventually he wears out his welcome as a HC

He is however....a fantastic DC