Time to Ditch Billy the Buffalo

judman

New owner, new head coach... ditch that ridiculous mascot!

I am a huge fan of the team, always have been, always will be. But I am embarrassed when I see Billy the Buffalo.

Rex says "We're gonna build a bully."

Pegula says "our objective is to be a nightmare to play against."

Good, tough words that are meant to inspire the team and the fans. If we want to toughen up, make the mascot a little tougher, rather than a cross-eyed dufus. Or, bring out some real bison like they do in Colorado sometimes.

MAN UP!

I am a huge fan of the team, always have been, always will be. But I am embarrassed when I see Billy the Buffalo.

Good, tough words that are meant to inspire the team and the fans. If we want to toughen up, make the mascot a little tougher, rather than a cross-eyed dufus. Or, bring out some real bison like they do in Colorado sometimes.

MAN UP!

Sure, put a guy out of work you heartless bastard. <_<

they should really embrace the name and have a dude dressed like this wander the sidelines on a horse:

bbbio_1.69.137_lrg.jpg

Before every home game they should drag Billy the Buffalo to midfield and let the dude on the horse dressed as Buffalo Bill shoot him down with blanks. "The Buffalo Bills...We're a bully team now. We're going to kill our mascot before every game."

No, I'm not serious.

Before every home game they should drag Billy the Buffalo to midfield and let the dude on the horse dressed as Buffalo Bill shoot him down with blanks. "The Buffalo Bills...We're a bully team now. We're going to kill our mascot before every game."

Count me in. They could even install a cliff & drive Billy over the edge. At the bottom of the cliff are 72,000 knives sticking up. Each knife has a seat assigned to it. The knife that is deemed the fatal one wins the seat holder a free brew.

they should really embrace the name and have a dude dressed like this wander the sidelines on a horse:

bbbio_1.69.137_lrg.jpg

Totally Agree!!!

And Billy is like family... Would you throw your kid out, just because he was 28, had no job, smoked weed and lived in your basement?

Hell, even if he kept his horse in the basement, I wouldn't throw him out!!!!

MAN UP!

Buffalo Barbarian makes the most sense

post-13143-0-11828800-1421456538_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

No, I'm not serious.

Install train tracks into the stadium and have people shooting at Billy as he runs along side the train. Then.....skin him!! Moooohahahaha. Also not serious.

No, I'm not serious.

I think they should use real bullets and make it kind of a hunger games theme...pick some snotty `18-21 year olds from town in WNY and have them draw straws to see who is Billy the Buffalo for the home game. Then they get to run the length of the field while being chased by Buff Bill and if they get to the other end without dying they get season tickets for a life time. If they die then their relatives get Sabres tickets for a lifetime.

Problem with a guy out-of-costume is (1) you have to pay him more (remember when the San Diego Chicken tried to sue for more money, but since it could be anybody inside, the guy himself wasnt deemed to be worth much), and (2) its weird if you change guys from time to time.

How about just make Billy more manly. Or, Bull-ly. Update him.

------

After I posted this and re-read it, it came to me. Inspired by Rex.

Rename him Bully the Buffalo, along with his updated image. The anti-bully campaign might not like it, but so what?

Edited by maddenboy

MAN UP!

It's about time someone brought this up. Worst. Team. Mascot. Ever. And that's coming from someone who lives in a town whose most recognizable brand is a saggy orange with a happy face drawn on it, a citrus based Mr. Potato Head omage. What the hell is it even supposed to be? It looks more like a character out of "Where the Awkwardly Inappropriate Things Are" than a buffalo. Lets make a Pegula sized donation to PETA so they'll look the other way while we get a real buffalo, anesthetized for games with a mix of Flying Bison and industrial grade ambien. Everybody wins.

Edited by Mickey

No, I'm not serious.

This idea is so good. I would love this. It would be really funny and set the right tone. It would be like our version of Tampa Bay's pirate ship cannons.