Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Hey Dork !

I started the Islamic Terror thread as a way to show the OVERWHELMING number of them and how it is a clear signal that something needs to be done.

You started the thread for political capital, to publicize as much as possible an issue that energizes the GOP base.

I gave up going to sporting events or concerts that I really didn't want to attend in the first place. Don't want to be there when this goes down if I was bored or annoyed sitting there in the first place.

Sure. When you feel mistreated, or intimidated by 'others', you are more likely to 'act out', for those at the extreme ends of life, acting out can be a mass shooting.

Note that a large number of the recent mass shootings in this country have been by white American males.

Now tell me what that says about either your theory, or Democratic policies.

Note that a large number of the recent mass shootings in this country have been by white American males.

Now tell me what that says about either your theory, or Democratic policies.

doped up to their eyeballs on their psychiatric meds...

I fully admit that the smaller stuff doesn't really register for me any more (regardless of personal, political or religious motivation), since it's *so* common in the US now. Which, I guess speaks to my frustration over the bigger issues, we just don't care to address anything at a base level, instead we try to blame a religion, or a gun, when instead it very much has to do with divisiveness, inequality, and lack of healthcare (at least imo).

You forgot to include global warming.

Edit: I forgot about not having gender neutral restrooms too.

Edited by grinreaper

You guys are all over these small 'terror' attacks, yet literally crickets when an old white dude murders 50+ and causes 400+ injured.

<_<

So you want to make this a race issue, eh? Well if you must, then you ought to at least recognize the likelihood that since this was a country music festival, chances are pretty good that the vast majority of the victims are white as well.

What a crappy point of view to take.

Edited by Azalin

It's really embarrassing and telling that you crackers have literally nothing to say about the worst mass killing of this kind in US history.

Again...............repetition doesn't make your mindless statement anymore true.

This kind of empty reasoning does not have any affect on the posters here, but by all means keep spewing it.

My favorite part is the "and telling" bit .........where you confirm your own bias..........hilarious........... :lol:

It's really embarrassing and telling that you crackers have literally nothing to say about the worst mass killing of this kind in US history.

Thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of the victims? Do they read these message boards? It's a fricken travesty that makes one feel scared to attend a public event and helpless as these mass shootings have become more frequent.

Edited by Doc Brown

Could it perhaps, maybe, possibly be that people are waiting for more details to come out before framing an opinion?

Other than praying for the survivors and mourning the departed, there's not much to say at this point.

Could it perhaps, maybe, possibly be that people are waiting for more details to come out before framing an opinion?

Other than praying for the survivors and mourning the departed, there's not much to say at this point.

No, Dorkington has all the answers. From his post:

Dorkington, on 02 Oct 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:snapback.png

I fully admit that the smaller stuff doesn't really register for me any more (regardless of personal, political or religious motivation), since it's *so* common in the US now. Which, I guess speaks to my frustration over the bigger issues, we just don't care to address anything at a base level, instead we try to blame a religion, or a gun, when instead it very much has to do with divisiveness, inequality, and lack of healthcare (at least imo).

A. I don't count you in my comment. But that fact doesn't stop anyone from mouthing off less than 12 hours after any kind of Islamic terrorism and you know that.

B. There is a lot to say about maybe it's time to look at domestic terrorism as as big a threat as foreign terrorism. And other social issues like that one.

C. We didn't even get that. Praying for survivors. We got radio silence. I was actually looking forward to coming on the board just to see what people were saying about this tragedy and there was nothing.

I didn't see this earlier as I was replying to Dork, but the same applies to you. Since we're apparently bent on making this a race issue, how about showing a little compassion for all those crackers who were murdered?

A. I don't count you in my comment. But that fact doesn't stop anyone from mouthing off less than 12 hours after any kind of Islamic terrorism and you know that.

B. There is a lot to say about maybe it's time to look at domestic terrorism as as big a threat as foreign terrorism. And other social issues like that one.

C. We didn't even get that. Praying for survivors. We got radio silence. I was actually looking forward to coming on the board just to see what people were saying about this tragedy and there was nothing.

I've seen no evidence presented that this was an act of terrorism. I've read ISIS' claiming of the incident, but I'm not interested in rushing out and blaming radical Islam unless some evidence surfaces.

It's just an absolutely tragic occurrence, but there doesn't seem to be anything political about it, so it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't mentioned in the politics forum of the board.

And you have a problem with that, why exactly?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I've seen no evidence presented that this was an act of terrorism.

It's just an absolutely tragic occurrence, but there doesn't seem to be anything political about it, so it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't mentioned in the politics forum of the board.

And you have a problem with that, why exactly?

Amen.

It is in the "Off the Wall" section...........but that apparently isn't good enough...........

If you really want to comment Dog and Dorkington.........start your own thread or go to the Gun one.

Edited by B-Man

Ummm...

No it isn't.

I was in the process of adding even if it doesn't automatically have an ideology or political purpose. And I take it back. I shouldn't have said definition because I know the definition. But it's the same thing. It creates terror. It serves the same purpose. It cries out for the same reaction.

It doesn't come out of nowhere.

And even if it's not domestic terrorism, which it is, ha, it calls out for the same questions about shouldn't we worry more about the people here doing this way more than people trying to get here doing this. It's the same discussion.

I was in the process of adding even if it doesn't automatically have an ideology or political purpose. And I take it back. I shouldn't have said definition because I know the definition. But it's the same thing. It creates terror. It serves the same purpose. It cries out for the same reaction.

And even if it's not domestic terrorism, which it is, ha, it calls out for the same questions about shouldn't we worry more about the people here doing this way more than people trying to get here doing this. It's the same discussion.

Why can't you have sensible immigration policies and attempt to root out the people who are already here?

Edited by LeviF91

No, it isn't even remotely the same discussion.

And no, it isn't the same thing, and doesn't serve the same purpose.

Terrorism is violence conducted by a non-state actor against civilian targets for the purpose of cowing a population into pressuring for political change out of fear.

It's an entirely different than someone doing violence because of mental illness, which is entirely different than someone doing violence for any of a myriad of other reasons; because you don't solve problems by treating symptoms.

AIDS and allergies both cause the sniffles; so you're saying they're the same thing. That's more than a bit silly.

I can't seem to find the TSW Terms of Service, but am fairly confident racial epitaphs directed at other board members is a violation, even on PPP

It's not the same discussion because the motivation is completely different. You aren't going to be nearly effective by treating these situations in the same way. You treat the cause, not the symptom or the effect. Preventing a random shooter who snapped because of gambling debts or mail order bride gone missing is not the same as a mass shooter who's acting upon a perceived higher calling.

It's not the same discussion because the motivation is completely different. You aren't going to be nearly effective by treating these situations in the same way. You treat the cause, not the symptom or the effect. Preventing a random shooter who snapped because of gambling debts or mail order bride gone missing is not the same as a mass shooter who's acting upon a perceived higher calling.

I will take a portion of this back if that is all it is. Gambling debt or Mail Order Bride. I find that very hard to believe this is the result of those. And many of the same arguments arise of treating mentally unstable with respect to firearms, automatic weapons, etc. we spend so much time and money and energy worrying about bombs when they are clearly not the weapon of choice in our country, whether it's people worried about gambling debts or Islam.

I will take a portion of this back if that is all it is. Gambling debt or Mail Order Bride. I find that very hard to believe this is the result of those. And many of the same arguments arise of treating mentally unstable with respect to firearms, automatic weapons, etc. we spend so much time and money and energy worrying about bombs when they are clearly not the weapon of choice in our country, whether it's people worried about gambling debts or Islam.

So the solution to treating mental illness and eliminating terrorism is to go after guns?

It's not a very good answer, but at least you didn't say "smoking pot would solve the problem,

" so I guess that's a step in the right direction?

First, we have to sort out which shootings are fake and which ones are real. Then I like row 33's idea of which ones could possibly be caused by psychotropic drugs. Then of which shootings, if actually real, are bonified terrorist acts. Then we will have a better idea whats really going on.

I'll keep repeating this. Guns have been around for centuries. Crazy has been around since dawn of man. Mass murders are only a generation old. What's changed to account for that rise?

I, and many others, posted in the Off the Wall topic. Prayers for the victims. Dick head.

The relevant statute in Nevada law reads: “'Act of terrorism' means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population.”

I, and many others, posted in the Off the Wall topic. Prayers for the victims. Dick head.

I wasn't commenting about it there. I was commenting on the crackers here in PPP. Off the Wall has a much more diverse representation of the general populace.

I'll keep repeating this. Guns have been around for centuries. Crazy has been around since dawn of man. Mass murders are only a generation old. What's changed to account for that rise?

Easy access of assault weapons? it wasn't nearly as easy to acquire or convert them as it is in the generations previous. The mass shooters are usually not getting them from the military.

The relevant statute in Nevada law reads: “'Act of terrorism' means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population.”

I wasn't commenting about it there. I was commenting on the crackers here in PPP. Off the Wall has a much more diverse representation of the general populace.

Good Lord you are defensive.........and dense......

That was your post. We DID post........on the appropriate forum...................you did not.

That's a uselessly broad definition.

I'm going to continue to use the definition our intelligence community uses which is contained in Title 22 of the US Code, Section 2656f(d):

• The term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.
  • The term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving the territory or the citizens of more than one country.
  • The term “terrorist group” means any group that practices, or has significant subgroups that practice, international terrorism.

That's a uselessly broad definition.

I'm going to continue to use the definition our intelligence community uses which is contained in Title 22 of the US Code, Section 2656f(d):

• The term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.
  • The term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving the territory or the citizens of more than one country.
  • The term “terrorist group” means any group that practices, or has significant subgroups that practice, international terrorism.
Just ignore the laws of the state it happened in. Right. Which was my original point. It's the same thing.

The relevant statute in Nevada law reads: 'Act of terrorism' means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population.

Easy access of assault weapons? it wasn't nearly as easy to acquire or convert them as it is in the generations previous. The mass shooters are usually not getting them from the military.

It's the same posters. Dick head.

There was no need to convert them in the previous generations, because you could just as easily obtain fully automatics. But very few people decided to take their anger out on the masses.

Good Lord you are defensive.........and dense......

That was your post. We DID post........on the appropriate forum...................you did not.

The point is if his name was Stephen Paddouk you guys would have been all over this here immediately. That is the point.

Just ignore the laws of the state it happened in. Right. Which was my original point. It's the same thing.

The state of Nevada does not have the authority to define what "terrorism" is, and the definition they attempted to forward is useless, and attempts to modify the definition presented by the group who is charged with combating terrorism, so yes, ignore the state law of Nevada, because it's incorrect. Unless you're saying that the state of Nevada supersedes federal agencies as relates to terrorism? Is that really the hill you want to die on here?

And no, it's not the same thing, at all.

There was no need to convert them in the previous generations, because you could just as easily obtain fully automatics. But very few people decided to take their anger out on the masses.

I really don't understand how you can say that semi-automatic handguns and assault rifles are not much more easily obtained now than in earlier generations in the last hundred years. Each of them.

The state of Nevada does not have the authority to define what "terrorism" is, and the definition they attempted to forward is useless, and attempts to modify the definition presented by the group who is charged with combating terrorism, so yes, ignore the state law of Nevada, because it's incorrect. Unless you're saying that the state of Nevada supersedes federal agencies as relates to terrorism? Is that really the hill you want to die on here?

And no, it's not the same thing, at all.

You can rationalize it all you want. It's. The. Law. There.

You can rationalize it all you want. It's. The. Law. There.

Nothing is being rationalized. You're making a bad point and a poor argument.

Nevada doesn't have the authority to change the federal definition of terrorism. They can say whatever they want, but their say doesn't matter. They may as well pass a law that says oxygen is a solid in it's most common, naturally occurring for in the Earth's atmosphere.

I really don't understand how you can say that semi-automatic handguns and assault rifles are not much more easily obtained now than in earlier generations in the last hundred years. Each of them.

Are you telling me you could not have bought an automatic rifle from a registered dealer 50-60 yrs ago?