Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Which is a fairly meaningless gesture, and not iron clad proof he was acting in concert with a terrorist cell. Lone nuts can, and have, pledged their allegiances to many organizations who have no interaction with them at all.

The War on Terror must not be interrupted with common sense, I know.

Isis also claimed responsibility for the attack in the past few minutes, that also could just be an attempt to get headlines.

Which is a fairly meaningless gesture, and not iron clad proof he was acting in concert with a terrorist cell. Lone nuts can, and have, pledged their allegiances to many organizations who have no interaction with them at all.

The War on Terror must not be interrupted with common sense, I know.

Agreed. Although at the very least he drew inspiration from ISIS.

I don't want a war on terror, but I would like to destroy ISIS. Unfortunately, ISIS is a useful idiot right now for the (((schemers))) who want to remove Assad.

Isis also claimed responsibility for the attack in the past few minutes, that also could just be an attempt to get headlines.

100%. There's no reason for ISIS or any terror group to deny responsibility for something like this even if they had nothing to do with it. We see it happen all the time.

Or, he could have been actively working with them. That's certainly possible.

I'm not trying to say it's impossible, just that it's ridiculous to rush to judgement less than 12 hours after the crime. The media, the candidates running for office, and the federal government counts on people putting the cart before the horse in times like these. All I'm suggesting is to let the facts come out fully before making any kind of definitive conclusion about motives.

Correct

JUST IN: Orlando shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS via 911 call, CBS News confirms http://cbsn.ws/21vPMY2

Orlando nightclub gunman Omar Mateen called 911 during the attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS, U.S. official says.

So if an illegal immigrant recites the Pledge of Allegiance, they're an American.

100%. There's no reason for ISIS or any terror group to deny responsibility for something like this even if they had nothing to do with it. We see it happen all the time.

I'm not trying to say it's impossible, just that it's ridiculous to rush to judgement less than 12 hours after the crime. The media, the candidates running for office, and the federal government counts on people putting the cart before the horse in times like these. All I'm suggesting is to let the facts come out fully before making any kind of definitive conclusion about motives.

Very easily a lone wolf or a group of lunatics who obviously inspire themselves from ISIS.

ISIS would claim responsibility for my athlete's foot if it got them attention.

What is their record on claiming attacks? I don't remember any false claims but i would guess they would have made some? Either way as this **** storm continues Churchill looks smarter and smarter.

So this guy was a security guard who obviously went through background checks to get his weapon.

Any thoughts Baskin Robbins?

He was also radicalized interviewed by the FBI according to some of the reports.

Once again, if this was an act of terrorism (in our modern parlance -- I'd argue any attack with this amount of casualties would fall under the label of terrorism regardless of motives), it was yet another person who was on the radar of the authorities well in advance of their crimes yet all the surveillance tools they've pushed for did nothing to prevent the violence. Which begs the question -- what's the true purpose of the surveillance state we're living in now? It's clearly not about stopping "terrorism".

Then again, it never was.

But, I know. That's just crazy talk.

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/12/before-nightclub-shooting-fbi-pursued-questionable-florida-terror-suspects/

(one of the many sources being generated as this story unfolds)

He was also radicalized interviewed by the FBI according to some of the reports.

Once again, if this was an act of terrorism (in our modern parlance -- I'd argue any attack with this amount of casualties would fall under the label of terrorism regardless of motives), it was yet another person who was on the radar of the authorities well in advance of their crimes yet all the surveillance tools they've pushed for did nothing to prevent the violence. Which begs the question -- what's the true purpose of the surveillance state we're living in now? It's clearly not about stopping "terrorism".

Then again, it never was.

But, I know. That's just crazy talk.

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/12/before-nightclub-shooting-fbi-pursued-questionable-florida-terror-suspects/

(one of the many sources being generated as this story unfolds)

If the person you are referring didn't communicate with anyone about this attack, then how will surveillance change that? There are blind spots as there will always be.

Right now you sound just as dumb as the rest of the idiots here who just come out with their agenda without waiting for all the information.

What is their record on claiming attacks? I don't remember any false claims but i would guess they would have made some? Either way as this **** storm continues Churchill looks smarter and smarter.

I don't know off hand. Let me look through some archived sources -- but traditionally, extremist groups (not just ISIS) claim credit for any and every act of violence they can. Not just in recent times, but throughout history. It's good advertising as you alluded to earlier.

If the person you are referring didn't communicate with anyone about this attack, then how will surveillance change that? There are blind spots as there will always be.

Right now you sound just as dumb as the rest of the idiots here who just come out with their agenda without waiting for all the information.

If the Daily Beast's reporting is accurate, and it may not be, he has been under FBI investigation for 3 years.

And he clearly did communicate his intentions, at least according to his father.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

I don't know off hand. Let me look through some archived sources -- but traditionally, extremist groups (not just ISIS) claim credit for any and every act of violence they can. Not just in recent times, but throughout history. It's good advertising as you alluded to earlier.

If the Daily Beast's reporting is accurate, and it may not be, he has been under FBI investigation for 3 years.

Why was he under investigation? Was he visiting websites or was he communicating directly with people of interest? If it's the former, then what method of deterrence do you propose?

Why was he under investigation? Was he visiting websites or was he communicating directly with people of interest? If it's the former, then what method of deterrence do you propose?

We'll find out over the coming days I'm sure.

But, assuming he wasn't radicalized by the FBI during this time (something we've seen happen often since 2001) and he was truly a part of a terrorist cell operating in the US, the failure to prevent his actions today is another indictment of the surveillance system American's have been forced to accept as the status quo. We've been told the only way to stop terrorism is to give up our right to privacy, yet to date not ONE single terrorist attack has been thwarted using these tools.

There's no other way to spin it, unless you work for DHS of course.

The Feds have been watching him and yet he's permitted to purchase two firearms in the last few weeks?

The Feds wouldn't want to be RACIST and prevent a guy they're watching for possible terrorist activity to purchase guns.

To ASSUME makes and ASS out of U and ME

The Feds have been watching him and yet he's permitted to purchase two firearms in the last few weeks?

they've been busy making sure dudes can **** next to chicks. Back off, intolerant bigot. Take your hate speech elsewhere. #triggered