Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

What a tragedy.... so many things to look at in the aftermath.

Guy was sympathetic to ISIS, but had no ties. Was investigated but nothing was found. Born and raised in the US. Bought the guns legally. There was apparently an armed off duty officer there that couldn't stop him.

What are the realistic options for keeping something like this from happening again?

Fortunately someone was captured with an arsenal in his car somewhere in California. He was supposedly heading to a gay pride festival.

The Feds investigated Omar, but couldn't find anything. This guy must have been a lone-wolf with no real ties to any terrorist organization. Inspired by them? Sure. Hate drove this guy.

couldn't find anything that would survive the shadow of a doubt in a Court of Law

I suspect they found plenty of ties, but what crimes were committed? How strong of a case could they present?

Another funny thing about the Constitution, along with the Second Amendment, and Due Process, is Double Jeopardy (and I don't mean Alex Trebek). Once the State files charges, if they fail to convict in a Court of Law, they don't get a second chance.

Omar is likely still under investigation. The Orlando shooter was probably still on their radar as well. But until Law Enforcement has a strong enough case to file charges, they are innocent until proven guilty.

I'm so angry at the progressive agenda pushing machine for using this despicable act of heinous terrorism on US soil where many Americans were killed wounded and emotionally harmed to push their agenda to strip Americans of our freedoms and constitutional guaranteed rights. I'm disgusted. Have they no shame? Any idiot that goes along with this bull **** and blamed our selves and our own freedoms for "allowing" terrorists to be terrorists don't deserve to be citizens of this country and have their freedom protected by the constitution.

WHAT’S THIS “WE” SH*T, KEMOSABE:

Obama: ‘We’ are to blame, not Islamic terrorism, for massacre.

Omar Mateen called the cops to pledge his fealty to ISIS as he was carrying out his mass murderer in Orlando early Sunday morning. Twelve hours later, the president of the United States declared that “we have no definitive assessment on the motivation” of Omar Mateen but that “we know he was a person filled with hate.”

So I guess the president thinks Mateen didn’t mean it?

Here again, and horribly, we have an unmistakable indication that Obama finds it astonishingly easy to divorce himself from a reality he doesn’t like — the reality of the Islamist terror war against the United States and how it is moving to our shores in the form of lone-wolf attacks.

He called it “terror,” which it is. But using the word “terror” without a limiting and defining adjective is like a doctor calling a disease “cancer” without making note of the affected area of the body — because if he doesn’t know where the cancer is and what form it takes, he cannot attack it effectively and seek to extirpate it.

So determined is the president to avoid the subject of Islamist, ISIS-inspired or ISIS-directed terrorism that he concluded his remarks with an astonishing insistence that “we need the strength and courage to change” our attitudes toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

That’s just disgusting. There’s no other word for it.

America’s national attitude toward LGBT people didn’t shoot up the Pulse nightclub. This country’s national attitude has undergone a sea-change in the past 20 years, by the way, in case the president hasn’t noticed.

An Islamist terrorist waging war against the United States killed and injured 103 people on our soil. We Americans do not bear collective responsibility for this attack. Quite the opposite.

The attack on the Pulse nightclub was an attack on us all, no less than the World Trade Center attack.

To suggest we must look inward to explain this is not only unseemly but practically an act of conscious misdirection on the president’ s part to direct out attention away from Omar Mateen’s phone call.

True to form, the president spoke more words about the scourge of guns than about the threat of terror. In doing so, he actually retards rather than advances the cause of gun control he so passionately advocates.

MORE at the link:

Edited by B-Man

What a tragedy.... so many things to look at in the aftermath.

Guy was sympathetic to ISIS, but had no ties. Was investigated but nothing was found. Born and raised in the US. Bought the guns legally. There was apparently an armed off duty officer there that couldn't stop him.

What are the realistic options for keeping something like this from happening again?

Getting rid of the security guard who passed background checks loophole.

This is something we will live it. It is the war of our time. There is no real solution aside from going full Israel with armed soldiers everywhere and hoping that you're not at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Our resident "Libertarian" is here to talk about compromising our rights again.

I haven't said anything about about gun control in the wake of this, but don't let a fact like that get in the way of the fiction that informs your political opinions.

Edited by Observer

Getting rid of the security guard who passed background checks loophole.

This is something we will live it. It is the war of our time. There is no real solution aside from going full Israel with armed soldiers everywhere and hoping that you're not at the wrong place at the wrong time.

We put a man on the moon. You really don't think we can solve this without a police state?

WHAT’S THIS “WE” SH*T, KEMOSABE:

Obama: ‘We’ are to blame, not Islamic terrorism, for massacre.

Omar Mateen called the cops to pledge his fealty to ISIS as he was carrying out his mass murderer in Orlando early Sunday morning. Twelve hours later, the president of the United States declared that “we have no definitive assessment on the motivation” of Omar Mateen but that “we know he was a person filled with hate.”

I heard what I think was the bulk of the President's speech on the radio. To my ears he mentioned 4 matters of importance in this case. He prioritized them as:

1. Sorrow for the lost people and their loved ones. A statement that the loss of these people is a loss for all Americans.

2. A decision we have to make on what kind of country we want to be with respect to gun control.

3. His determination that this act was committed in the gay club because it was a gay club and LGBT were targeted. He stated this as a 100% proven fact even using words similar to that.

4. Although he called it terror, he clearly stated that there was no evidence linking this guy to a group.

I agree completely with him for placing the individual lives lost as the #1 priority. These people were taken from all of us and individual people are important. This is the #1 most tragic part as these people are gone forever. His chose his words well and articulated respectfully and sincerely. I applaud him for that and agree with him.

I find #2 astounding beyond my ability to comprehend. It is tremendously sad that he would either see things this way or take an opportunity to try and score political points. I really don't have any words for it.

Although I agree with hm about point 3 being extremely likely to be the case, find it a vile concept and prejudice beyond disgusting, I don't see he can arrive at a conclusion for point 3 while withholding a conclusion on point 4. It does not show a grasp on reality. The shooter CALLED 911 AND PLEDGED ALLEGIANCE TO ISIS. And that is not enough? But there is more than enough evidence to say that he hated gays? Don't get me wrong, I personally have seen all I need to see to be convinced of point 3, but I am perplexed about what standard we're supposed to use to judge point 4.

If I were to re-prioritize, I would leave point 1 where it is. I would accept point 4 and point out that with it in place point 3 is also true by definition. Point 2 is so far below the rest that I'm not sure it deserves mention. I know it should not be mentioned on day 1 of this tragedy.

Edited by 4merper4mer

4. Although he called it terror, he clearly stated that there was no evidence linking this guy to a group.

Yeah, he's not saying it's not terrorism, just to keep his bases covered. That's the same rhetorical "sleight-of-hand" he played with Benghazi, too.

We put a man on the moon. You really don't think we can solve this without a police state?

No we can't. There are too many soft targets and too easily are weapons available (not just guns).

No we can't. There are too many soft targets and too easily are weapons available (not just guns).

You can buy an assault pressure cookers at any department store without a background check.

Its not the weapons that are a problem. But it's the ideology that needs to be recognized and called out for what it is, and crushed with extreme prejudice.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

You can buy an assault pressure cookers at any department store without a background check.

Its not the weapons that are a problem. But it's the ideology that needs to be recognized and called out for what it is, and crushed with extreme prejudice.

And how do you plan on doing that? This guy was born in New York and probably got radicalized by watching ISIS propaganda on the internet. Be realistic.

The only thing that can be done is removing the propaganda off the internet which is easier said than done.

Edited by meazza

What does building a space ship have to do with trying to stop people that have nothing to lose? They don't value their own lives, they are brainwashed-demented individuals who find defenseless targets. You can maintain your values while building a space program, you can't do that while attempting to control terrorism. We still have a leader who hasn't publicly acknowledge the source of the problem never mind him giving approval of getting our hands dirty.

And how do you plan on doing that? This guy was born in New York and probably got radicalized by watching ISIS propaganda on the internet. Be realistic.

The only thing that can be done is removing the propaganda off the internet which is easier said than done.

What were fbi's questions about in 13 and 14 ? Seems odd to get FBI's attention if there's nothing to hide.