Overplayed his hand - M.Mehta with another gem

Reed83HOF

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-no-jets-hurry-coach-gm-article-1.2065829

Doug Marrone, the perceived front-runner, has no real market for his services.

The Falcons are slated to interview him Monday, but the Jets shouldn’t feel any sense of urgency to procure him. He’s not exactly the Falcons’ top choice, according to league sources. The Bears were reportedly interested, but seeing is believing there. Marrone isn’t scheduled for an interview in Chicago.

Memo to Woody Johnson: Marrone needs you. You don’t need him.

Well, Ohio State needs to hire a OC in the offseason.

Sorry I could barely type that I was laughing so hard thinking about Urban's perception of the "Dougg-ernaut" offense.

Urban would never hire Marrone as his OC (thankfully). Can you imagine St. Doug's head spinning as Urban taught him offense? Marrone would be like, "where are all of the oversized slow TEs? We need to get more of them on the field."

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Urban would never hire Marrone as his OC (thankfully). Can you imagine St. Doug's head spinning as Urban taught him offense? Marrone would be like, "where are all of the oversized slow TEs? We need to get more of them on the field."

Urbs: "What is a "slow" TE, Doug?"

Urbs: "What is a "slow" TE, Doug?"

I mean this in the nicest of ways but Marrone is simply not intelligent enough to grasp Urban's offensive concepts. He would never be able to comprehend all of the motion and misdirection, nor the changing pace, formations and personnel groupings. It is just more than St. Doug could ever process. Thankfully Urban is too intelligent to ever consider that guy for his staff.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but Marrone is simply not intelligent enough to grasp Urban's offensive concepts. He would never be able to comprehend all of the motion and misdirection, nor the changing pace, formations and personnel groupings. It is just more than St. Doug could ever process. Thankfully Urban is too intelligent to ever consider that guy for his staff.

Urban's face when asked if he would consider Doug for his staff:

B6UsyzwIYAAI6iR.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jim Mora w/the right DC & OC combination could be an ideal candidate for the Jets (sure as h*ll beats abandon ship Marrone, his inept OC Hackett and the resurrection of Orton from retirement for the third time in as many years). The Jets fans deserve much better than that trio.

I was in Marrone's corner but I hope he's reading this board with his head on fire.

I was the same way. Brandon must be really pissed given the way he has sponsored Marrone and got stabbed in the back.

I think casserly made it sound like the job's his if he wants it. And marrone figured great I get paid 2x in 2015 and I'm with a head guy I get along better with. Then at least some in the NY media got a hold if it and are trying to derail it .... IMO rightly so. I wonder if Marrone had the chance to go back in time knowing what he knows now if he'd still opt out

Edited by JTSP

I think casserly made it sound like the job's his if he wants it. And marrone figured great I get paid 2x in 2015 and I'm with a head guy I get along better with. Then at least some in the NY media got a hold if it and are trying to derail it .... IMO rightly so. I wonder if Marrone had the chance to go back in time knowing what he knows now if he'd still opt out

He was going to get fired next year anyway.

Mehta again

@MMehtaNYDN: Former Syracuse assistant coach Bob Casullo on Doug Marrone (@ESPNSYRACUSE): "You're reshuffling an egomaniac... less-than-.500 coach" #nyj

The responses to the tweet are almost all pissed at this Mehta clown.

He also said he was "selfish, greedy, and an ego maniac." That's the tweet I'm referring to.

The responses to the tweet are almost all pissed at this Mehta clown.

He also said he was "selfish, greedy, and an ego maniac." That's the tweet I'm referring to.

Not what I saw. But did you look at the original article?

This is getting funny. Popcorn, anyone?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well now that Marrone is in the crosshairs of a lot of people, Casullo stopped by Upon Further Review on ESPN CNY to chat about his former employer and, well, he did not mince words.

So, I guess Bob isn't on the Marrone's Christmas card list.

First of all, you guys know, I've told you all along that when he takes a job, he already has his plan in place for his next job. Okay? Whoever gave him that three-day opt-out clause...his agent is a genius and the person who signed it for the Buffalo Bills is a complete idiot.

I've said this before...self-centered, selfish, greedy...Apparently the Buffalo people are saying that now...I mean, come on, where are all the assistant coaches in all this, you know? I've been reading articles and it's all coming out now and I don't want to say I told you so, I just sit here, mind my own business and move on.

He'll get a job...cause there's not enough qualified people with head coaching experience to get these jobs. You look at the guys who are capable...there's about nine or ten guys out there who should be getting these jobs and you're reshuffling an egomaniac, less than .500 coach. He has the greatest agent on the face of the Earth.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't hold back, Bob, Tell us what you really think!

Edited by Hopeful

Marrone's always been a dud. Nothing is about to change now that he's looking for work.

This Mehta dude though. After seeing his picture, I can't take anything he says serious; he looks like he's 15 years old.

Edited by Pneumonic

Regarding the 3 day clause... John Murphy said tonight that it was in place as a safeguard in case the new ownership moved the team. He said that was the agreement with him and the Bills, and he exploited it in a way it was not intended.

Apparently it should have been worded more specifically.

Regarding the 3 day clause... John Murphy said tonight that it was in place as a safeguard in case the new ownership moved the team. He said that was the agreement with him and the Bills, and he exploited it in a way it was not intended.

That sounds like either ridiculous spin, or Overdorf is a bigger idiot than I thought he was.

Just saw that

@SethWalderNYDN: Former Syracuse assistant calls Doug Marrone: 'Self-centered, selfish, greedy.' #nyj | http://t.co/ewyyiC4hjC

Who the hell is this guy? He comes outta left field to trash Marrone? Sounds like there's more to the story based on his bio.

Marrone canned him and he hasnt found a job since

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Casullo

After all the slander that's been thrown back and forth between him and the Bills front office, I'm sure he would still leave. I still think the NY Jets job is his if he wants it. I'd say the odds are against it working out but you could probably say that about every single NFL coaching hire given the general success rate.

Edited by vincec

Jets still have more candidates to speak to, but I hear Doug Marrone's interview with them did not go well. Dan Quinn well positioned now

Exactly opposite of what Cimini said (go figure)...has to be agent-driven leakage:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/48254/latest-on-jets-coaching-search-bowles-reich-on-deck

Edited by Lurker

Wait, I thought Ralph made it impossible for the new owner to move the team?!?