How About Tyrod Taylor ?

moshermw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually pretty typical around here. OP throws out a "what if" that isn't over the top and makes some interesting points/comparisons. The knee-jerk "you're an idiot" dismissals come next as posters pick one aspect of the post and make it seem as though the OP said something he didn't (i.e., that TT > RW). Thankfully there are also a few reasonable responses.

And at the end of the day, the Bills' FO did exactly what the OP suggested and now TT has his shot.

Well done, moshermw.

That was me. "Seem"? The OP's inference in the Wilson comparison also "seemed" pretty clear.

Dear Lord..... I seen the same post last year about Jeff Tuel.... Just say'en... The guy played 1qtr! Lets all relax, breath, and let it all play out, not one single QB on our roster is going to be the next Manning, Wilson, Vick, Brady , Rodgers, or anything close to those.. Hopefully 1 of them can just manage the game and make some plays here and there.. Everyone thought Tuel was the next franchise QB last year after 1qtr of preseason games..

Dear Lord..... I seen the same post last year about Jeff Tuel.... Just say'en... The guy played 1qtr! Lets all relax, breath, and let it all play out, not one single QB on our roster is going to be the next Manning, Wilson, Vick, Brady , Rodgers, or anything close to those.. Hopefully 1 of them can just manage the game and make some plays here and there.. Everyone thought Tuel was the next franchise QB last year after 1qtr of preseason games..

You do realize this is an original post from January, like 2 months before Tyrod was even on the Bills, right?

Seriously?

That was me. "Seem"? The OP's inference in the Wilson comparison also "seemed" pretty clear.

Take your time finding any portion of the OP's posts in which he says or infers TT is better than RW. He says they have similar styles and comparisons should not be avoided.

Take your time finding any portion of the OP's posts in which he says or infers TT is better than RW. He says they have similar styles and comparisons should not be avoided.

He enticed us to make (somewhat silly) comaparisons to WIlson's entire game and opined he might even be more elusive that RW. HE also saw fit for some reason to point out that he was "2-0" agaisnt RW in college.

That wasn't hard...

post-307-0-98649600-1439905355_thumb.jpg

He enticed us to make (somewhat silly) comaparisons to WIlson's entire game and opined he might even be more elusive that RW. HE also saw fit for some reason to point out that he was "2-0" agaisnt RW in college.

That wasn't hard...

Yes he might be more elusive than RW. Is that an impossible feat ?

That wasn't hard...

Fact: TT is faster than Wilson

Fact: TT's teams went 2-0 vs. Wilson's teams in college

Somebody's jumping to conclusions, and it wasn't the OP.

That wasn't hard...

Reading comprehension isnt your game is it? Tyrod likely is more elusive than RW and going 2-0 is a fact. All that means is that he isnt a scrub and in no-way implies hes better than him at QB. If hes going to be successful the RW mold is what he has to try to fit so its completely correct to make comparisons to their styles of play.

Everyone?

It's actually pretty typical around here. OP throws out a "what if" that isn't over the top and makes some interesting points/comparisons. The knee-jerk "you're an idiot" dismissals come next as posters pick one aspect of the post and make it seem as though the OP said something he didn't (i.e., that TT > RW). Thankfully there are also a few reasonable responses.

And at the end of the day, the Bills' FO did exactly what the OP suggested and now TT has his shot.

Well done, moshermw.

Yeah, but that is one of the things that makes the board fun. Most people here with any kind of strong opinions, are going to be way off sometimes.

I remembered this thread, and thought moshermw deserved some recognition, he was tuned in to the zeitgeist of OBD.

Edited by HoF Watkins

So I just checked out some combine measurements for purely athletic stuff... Tyrod beats Marriota in every category.

What does it mean... not much, but thought I'd share. I'd like to see how there passing stats compare more so than the athleticism, but haven't looked too hard.

That wasn't hard...

common, you're smarter than that.

Agreed. This is what I thought about all the Tuel hype.

24002aae977f78561f9b4ceb77fb16bd.jpg

Agreed. This is what I thought about all the Tuel hype.

24002aae977f78561f9b4ceb77fb16bd.jpg

Comparing Tyrod to Tuel is kind of ridiculous though. Tyrod has an impressive college resume at a big time school. I think Tuel was 4.24 as a starter at Washington St. Two totally different types of prospects.

I'm all for giving the guy a legitimate chance. I just can't stop thinking Thad Lewis. Could we pry away Mettenberger from the Titans for a draft choice?

Edited by Dante

Great thread. Good work, Moshermw. Time will tell but your general thoughts were worthy of discussion.

I always get a kick out of posters who are so damn sure that something is "stupid" and "would never happen." Sucks for them that the internet can be a cool time machine. Too bad it doesn't make folks a bit less arrogant.

• 2 weeks later...

I poo poo'd on the idea early mostly because the cinderella story is so rare...

but after training camp and 3 preseason games I see a damn good QB candidate. Scans the field well and goes through progressions quickly. Can extend plays with his legs and pocket awareness. Makes well times throws and he has some good accuracy.. and he can scramble on top of all that

Really excited to watch him play

Joined this board to bring this to Buffalo fans' attention. I'm a huge Bills fan and didn't want this guy to go unnoticed. Had been tracking his career here in the Baltimore area.

This was my first post. As much of a homer as I am for this QB, even I am a little surprised at how consistent he's been. I never knew how much that was his pedestrian QB coaching at VT or him. Got my answer. Not surprised about anything else.

Yesterday was actually my birthday - coolest birthday in a long time.

This was fun to go back and read. thanks for digging it up.

Like many of you, I put the fanatic in Bills Fan. And as much as I'd like to pile on the 'told ya's" (other posters are doing a great job for me on that !), I've also learned that being a good fan is keeping it shut when things are going your way.

Thanks again for finding this !

Go Tyrod and Go Bills!!!

Let's hope TT Wrecks the Patriots !