A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) All Preston Brown, Bradham and Spikes did today was kick peoples asses. This is one trio of tough, badass linebackers.

2) The pick by Orton in the early second quarter (in the end zone) was a bad one. It actually looked like a rookie mistake. More on Orton to come.

3) Gilmore was getting beat on short passes in the entire first half. I must however say that he came around and had an all around good game.

4) I am concerned about Cordy Glenn. He looked like a plodding Right Tackle today imo. I don't know what his problem is but it is a concern.

5) I live in a silver mine,

and I call it Beggar's Tomb.

I got me a violin

and I beg you call the tune.

Anybody's choice,

I can hear your voice.

Wo-oah what I want to know-oh,

How does the song go?

6) Sammy Watkins is hobbled. There is no debate here. I really do hope that his condition doesn't get worse.

7) A few have you have taken me to task about my praise of Mr. Searcy. Don't get me wrong, I love the dialogue but there is no longer any doubt how much value he brings to this football team. Once again, he will be a head coach some day. This man is PURE football.

8) This game appeared to be slow today in terms of the footing. Nobody looked THAT fast. Do you agree? In the Alabama game last night players on both teams were flying all over the field. Maybe it was be me.

9) In the credit where it is due department, Orton came around and was able to hit Woods with some truly nice passes. The TD to Hogan was also a great play.

10) The passes to Gray were very good, however strange, no? The guy looks like Hercules and ran out of bounds. Plus, he seemed to be alone on both of his big plays. I admit it, I didn't know that the man was on our football team. I had really no idea what was going on lol.

11) This defensive line reminds me of the one in which Bryce Paup had 17 1/2 sacks and was the NFL Defensive MVP. They take turns having great games and feed off of what is happening with each other. Mario was doubled all day and I think held more often than not. His fellow linemen were able to take advantage of this. How great is that?! My hope is that the Bills offer a big contract to Hughes right now. He is a modern day Bryce Paup imo.

12) I really like Marrone, but I am not his biggest fan in terms of being a head coach. That said, he was great today. It was his best game ever in terms of taking control and managing game and the clock, or so I think.

13) I am on a personal quest to be a better person. I won't go into this but I am going to regress just a bit. Watching KW knock that little obnoxious twit on his ass was a sight to behold.

14) Congrats my friends. We truly do deserve good days.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) All Preston Brown, Bradham and Spikes did today was kick peoples asses. This is one trio of tough, badass linebackers.

2) The pick by Orton in the early second quarter (in the end zone) was a bad one. It actually looked like a rookie mistake. More on Orton to come.

3) Gilmore was getting beat on short passes in the entire first half. I must however say that he came around and had an all around good game.

4) I am concerned about Cordy Glenn. He looked like a plodding Right Tackle today imo. I don't know what his problem is but it is a concern.

I got me a violin

Anybody's choice,

I can hear your voice.

How does the song go?

6) Sammy Watkins is hobbled. There is no debate here. I really do hope that his condition doesn't get worse.

7) A few have you have taken me to task about my praise of Mr. Searcy. Don't get me wrong, I love the dialogue but there is no longer any doubt how much value he brings to this football team. Once again, he will be a head coach some day. This man is PURE football.

8) This game appeared to be slow today in terms of the footing. Nobody looked THAT fast. Do you agree? In the Alabama game last night players on both teams were flying all over the field. Maybe it was be me.

9) In the credit where it is due department, Orton came around and was able to hit Woods with some truly nice passes. The TD to Hogan was also a great play.

10) The passes to Gray were very good, however strange, no? The guy looks like Hercules and ran out of bounds. Plus, he seemed to be alone on both of his big plays. I admit it, I didn't know that the man was on our football team. I had really no idea what was going on lol.

11) This defensive line reminds me of the one in which Bryce Paup had 17 1/2 sacks and was the NFL Defensive MVP. They take turns having great games and feed off of what is happening with each other. Mario was doubled all day and I think held more often than not. His fellow linemen were able to take advantage of this. How great is that?! My hope is that the Bills offer a big contract to Hughes right now. He is a modern day Bryce Paup imo.

12) I really like Marrone, but I am not his biggest fan in terms of being a head coach. That said, he was great today. It was his best game ever in terms of taking control and managing game and the clock, or so I think.

13) I am on a personal quest to be a better person. I won't go into this but I am going to regress just a bit. Watching KW knock that little obnoxious twit on his ass was a sight to behold.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just cuz you are being a better person doesnt mean you have to wear rose coloured glasses. Gilmore was awful today!

I like the rest of your post!

Although Manziel's first series (80 yards, 3 minutes, never touched) right off the bench, had the Bills D completely flat footed.

It did. Ran the same play 3 times though, twice on that drive and once later - I don't think they had a big playbook for him. He is a big adjustment for a defense set up to play Hoyer so that tempers things a bit.... but he looked the sharpest QB I saw in that game today and I am a JF doubter.

Just cuz you are being a better person doesnt mean you have to wear rose coloured glasses. Gilmore was awful today!

I like the rest of your post!

Gilmore was awful because he "let" one of the best receivers in football get 75 yards? I don't know how you can look at that performance and say any one player on the defense had a bad game. Everyone did their part and we dominated that offense.

I pretty much agree with all of that.

The only bone I'd pick is that I didn't like Marrone's coaching, especially in the first half.

And I think I speak for all of us when I say that it's good to see this thread back again, Bill.

Cheers.

Thank you so much.

Marrone killed the clock and kicked field goals. He trusted the defense and he was correct in doing so. Make no mistake, I am not trying to sell Marrone as a head coach to you nor anyone else. But the truth is that imo he did his job very well today.

Orton is just too immobile.

Hackett is too cute. This was a poor run defense. I would have had Boobie run the ball on every first down and probably most second downs as well.

Cordy Glenn got up gingerly a few times that I saw. He isn't 100%.

Fred is great at following blockers. He isn't a pure power back. Why did they use him that way?

Saw a few creative screens. Good to see it.

Terrible third down statistics. Won't beat a real team with this offense, no matter how good the defense is.

Woods got a PI penalty on one of those plays when the DB collides with the WR as he makes his cut. I don't really like those calls, but it was about time the Bills got one.

There were a lot of penalties, which is to be expected with this ref crew, but at least they seemed to be spread evenly.

No way that was an incomplete pass. He was bringing it towards his body.

A gun slinging QB is fun to watch, but I wouldn't bet my season on one.

No spy on a running QB? Schwartz should know better than that.

You're nuts. Let Gordon have all the six yard passes he wants. He didn't give up any long plays. No points. Made a couple good tackles on run plays. He was fine. Especially the second half.

So you're saying that Gilmore was awful the entire game because if the line wasn't so good, and the Browns QB wasn't so bad, he could have given up a lot of yards and TDs?

Hey Kelly. Enlighten me as to how good Gilmore played today. From 1-10. I give him a 5.

I got me a violin

Anybody's choice,

I can hear your voice.

How does the song go?

Yeah, I missed this weekly thread. Welcome back!

6. I hope you're right (Sammy is hobbled) because the other explanation is more disturbing, being "Sammy has trouble getting open." Or "the league seems to have figured out Sammy."

10. Gray was a nice surprise, but I have to agree -- I thought he was going to lower the boom on the open field tackler; instead he slowed down, tried the stiff arm, and cruised out of bounds.

12. Marrone. I'm o.k. with the game plan, but sooner or later someone has to take the heat for the lack of preparedness on those delay of game/which 11 players should be on the field issue. The one delay came after a penalty on the Chiefs -- no reason to not be ready in that situation. And that 5 yards was costly.

3. I thought Gilmore did fine. He gave Gordon a big cushion, and Gordon caught a lot of short passes underneath. But Schwartz and Co. put it on Hoyer to make a big play, and he never did. It can be frustrating to watch, but it worked.

13. Yeah! Welcome to the NFL, Johnny. (I can't stand Johnny, but he'll make football more fun to watch, so in a weird way I'm pulling for him)

6. I hope you're right (Sammy is hobbled) because the other explanation is more disturbing, being "Sammy has trouble getting open." Or "the league seems to have figured out Sammy."

....or "Orton never looks downfield for him."

Gilmore was awful because he "let" one of the best receivers in football get 75 yards? I don't know how you can look at that performance and say any one player on the defense had a bad game. Everyone did their part and we dominated that offense.

Yeah man, I'm sorry but Gilmore is the weakest link on that defense and it's not even close. He plays way too far off the line way too often and gets beat on crossing patterns regularly. I still have hopes that he's not a wasted first rounder but it's not looking good. If the Bills pass rush was weak Gilmore would be exposed to the point he'd be on the bench.

manzel = flutie....he is nothing more than a novelty act that will be figured out within 3-5 games.....

kyle williams is an absolute beast

hogan & woods are awesome

i am among the biggest Buffalo optimists around but I dread next week, i see 0% chance walking out with a win, or even a close loss, sorry

i love bill in nyc's posts and am glad to see them back, especially on this, the last day of 30 Days of Dead 2014 at http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead

Hey Kelly. Enlighten me as to how good Gilmore played today. From 1-10. I give him a 5.

Considering he was going against one of the top 5 WR in the game, who caught 8-120 in his first game back, and he gave up maybe 50 yards and no points and made a couple good stops coming up on runs, in a win, where the Browns scored 14 points, and the Browns had 26 total yards passing in the second half, I would say 7-8. I don't care if he gives up a couple short passes.

Considering he was going against one of the top 5 WR in the game, who caught 8-120 in his first game back, and he gave up maybe 50 yards and no points and made a couple good stops coming up on runs, in a win, where the Browns scored 14 points, and the Browns had 26 total yards passing in the second half, I would say 7-8. I don't care if he gives up a couple short passes.

Fair enough. He made adjustments in the 2nd half. But as a #1 CB, he was terrible in the first half.

manzel = flutie....he is nothing more than a novelty act that will be figured out within 3-5 games.....

kyle williams is an absolute beast

hogan & woods are awesome

i am among the biggest Buffalo optimists around but I dread next week, i see 0% chance walking out with a win, or even a close loss, sorry

i love bill in nyc's posts and am glad to see them back, especially on this, the last day of 30 Days of Dead 2014 at http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead

Cue the half dozen "Flutie could have won it all for us" regulars ...

Yeah man, I'm sorry but Gilmore is the weakest link on that defense and it's not even close. He plays way too far off the line way too often and gets beat on crossing patterns regularly. I still have hopes that he's not a wasted first rounder but it's not looking good. If the Bills pass rush was weak Gilmore would be exposed to the point he'd be on the bench.

Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Ignore them. They got their GM Fantasy playbooks from Cracker Jack boxes on sale because they were out of date.

Searcy is a pure football player who is a safety which hits like a linebacker and would mix up with OL if he was allowed.

He probably would love playing FB.

I thought he was better than Jairus Byrd last year and needed to cover for him.

Edited by Koolaid

I have been watching Sammy the las few games pretty closely. He was getting ridiculous separation early in the season but since his groin injury that hasn't been true. Add also that defenses are drifting coverage his way and yes, he is not being targeted much. I did see Sammy in motion a couple of times. Look for this in future games.