Chiefs loss to Oakland

Joshua25

There have been a few threads on here about the NFL being fixed. I somehow had a feeling before the game that the Chiefs would lose. Nobody in their right mind would have bet on Oakland. And sure enough it happened. Coincidence? I didn't watch the game, so I don't know. Just seems awful fishy to me that a team that was playing as well as KC lost to Oakland. Doesn't make any sense. And please don't give me that "Any Given Sunday" defense. This one had all the earmarks of a fix.

Home team….division rivalry…..and Oak has come close in some other games.

I think they were due. This is NFL divisional football, nothing more to see.

(That is...Unless the Chiefs, let's say, had a late call for intentional grounding resulting in a safety, and a couple PF's for congratulating their own teammates).

(That is...Unless the Chiefs, let's say, had a late call for intentional grounding resulting in a safety, and a couple PF's for congratulating their own teammates).

Yes it was a divisional game. Just like when we play the Jets or Miami....any team can win. Nothing fishy there.

And a short week.

Do you hear voices too?

LOl only the ones in my head. I know people are reluctant to believe this, and I'm not even sure that I do, but this one had all the earmarks. I'll bet the mob made millions on that game. Too much money at stake to just dismiss the possibility.

Yes it was a divisional game. Just like when we play the Jets or Miami....any team can win. Nothing fishy there.

I knew these kinds of arguments would come up. I'm not saying that I'm absolutely certain, just that I suspected it might happen and it did. Others may not agree and that's OK, I just think that with all of the money at stake, it is a possibility. That's all.

There's no fix. I watched the game and the Chiefs came out flat, the Raiders were plying like it was their superbowl, the raiders defense was hammering people and the weather was terrible. It was a heavy rain the whol night so made for a sloppy game.

Carr looks to be a good draft pick for a QB. There are no fixes in the NFL.

LOl only the ones in my head. I know people are reluctant to believe this, and I'm not even sure that I do, but this one had all the earmarks. I'll bet the mob made millions on that game. Too much money at stake to just dismiss the possibility.

I knew these kinds of arguments would come up. I'm not saying that I'm absolutely certain, just that I suspected it might happen and it did. Others may not agree and that's OK, I just think that with all of the money at stake, it is a possibility. That's all.

I guess my arguement against such a thing is. Way too many people need to be payed off, and unless it's the Bills even some teams can overcome the bad ref calls. Imagine a multi billion dollar empire collapsing because some pissed off ref talks? Organized crime can get to a player I guess. but, I would go with college hoops beong a easier fix, or even the NBA when a single player could throw a game. In fact Lebron may be doing it right now.lol

Agreed. Oakland had been better than 0-10. KC-Oak is the oldest and fiercest AFC rivalry. I wasn't that surprised.

I have a feeling wildcard competitors are going to do bills lots of favors this weekend ... Chefs already lost (yes I called it), I also see chargers and dolphins losing too. However just kind of have a sick feeling it's going to be wasted because bills won't beat the jets. Theyre better with vick and harvin. Really their WRs are respectable with kerley, decker, harvin, and graham

I think the Chiefs were over-rated coming into this game anyway. They were winning games which you have to give them credit for, but you could tell that they weren't exactly a powerhouse team. Seemed like the wheels were getting ready to come off. The Chiefs will likely make the playoffs and also likely lose badly in the first round. They simply aren't playing that well.

The" mob" :lol: Haven't heard that one in years. And who exactly is "the mob"?

'

I think the Chiefs were over-rated coming into this game anyway. They were winning games which you have to give them credit for, but you could tell that they weren't exactly a powerhouse team. Seemed like the wheels were getting ready to come off. The Chiefs will likely make the playoffs and also likely lose badly in the first round. They simply aren't playing that well.

The Chiefs are a team that isnt really built to win pretty. They control the clock, the play great D and the focus on running the ball and short passing game ... In a bad weather game game, where the raiders took advantage of a few big plays in 1st half by Murray got them the lead and even though the Chiefs came back and took the lead.... The Raiders were way over due to finally win 1 and Chiefs were due for a letdown after winning ugly a few times.

The law of averages plays out.. Look.. we won some REALLY ugly games that looked like sure loses.. Orton 4th and 24 to Chandler and then a last second TD to Sammy. The Detroit game that we had no business winning outside of their kicker missing FG's like a D3 college kicker etc...

The sloppy conditions add to that last nite along with the Raiders playing at home in a primetime game. If the Raiders were gonna steal 1 game, that game had upset written all over it especially with field conditions.

There have been a few threads on here about the NFL being fixed. I somehow had a feeling before the game that the Chiefs would lose. Nobody in their right mind would have bet on Oakland. And sure enough it happened. Coincidence? I didn't watch the game, so I don't know. Just seems awful fishy to me that a team that was playing as well as KC lost to Oakland. Doesn't make any sense. And please don't give me that "Any Given Sunday" defense. This one had all the earmarks of a fix.

For one I do believe strongly in "any given Sunday", which is why there aren't many Bills fans calling the Raiders game a guaranteed win. If you think about it...the Raiders being 0-10 had come pretty darn close to beating some very good teams throughout this season. They lost to the Chargers by 7, Seahawks by 6, Chargers again by 3 and we all know they almost had the Patriots game in the bag until a redzone interception to Vince Wilfork. Raiders aren't as TERRIBLE as their record shows. They have a decent defense and Derek Carr can ball. Also, if you were watching, the weather/conditions were not favorable.

It's funny how someone who says "don't give me that 'any given Sunday' defense" is giving us the CONSPIRACY THEORY crap.

Come onnnnn MANNNNNNN - Keyshawn Johnson voice

As Always, Go Bills.

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

Raiders have had close games( Pats*, Seahawks, ) KC was down two WR's . They also don't typically score a lot and were on the road vs a division opponent. Not expected, but not stunning either.

Do you watch the NFL at all?

Since the NFL started having games every Thursday night the road team loses outright way more often then it wins and usually doesnt cover.

KC was coming off a HUGE home win vs the defending Super Bowl champions and have Denver up next so last nights game was a classic trap game for them.

It was also a division road game playing a team looking for its first win.

Add all that up and it was easy money

You obviously dont know much about gambling and trends

Edited by Max997

Do you watch the NFL at all?

Since the NFL started having games every Thursday night the road team loses outright way more often then it wins and usually doesnt cover.

KC was coming off a HUGE home win vs the defending Super Bowl champions and have Denver up next so last nights game was a classic trap game for them.

It was also a division road game playing a team looking for its first win.

Add all that up and it was easy money

You obviously dont know much about gambling and trends

So wise...

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

I actually put $25 down on the Raiders last night. I did it straight up, no points. $75 richer...haha

Of course that "any given Sunday" is a load of crap. Now...."any given Thursday"? That **** has meaning.

BTW I have a friend from KC and I live in the hills above the Coliseum but I'm not a Raiders fan but I asked her if she wanted a bet. She said "Ha! We're the Chiefs!!" I told her the Raiders are NOT going 0-16 and to be afraid....be very afraid. At the end of the game she sent me a one word message. Whoopsie.

Stop with that "the NFL is fixed" crap. :rolleyes:

Agreed and I don't think the Chiefs are playing well either. Just certain match ups are food for them and bad for them.

Thanks for the belated betting tip!

So when these Chiefs started 9-0 last year and Reid rode them to a 2-5 finish followed by a humiliating WC loss--that was "Mafia" also?

Wow, the Mafia must really hate the Chiefs.

Anyway, the Raiders are 5-5 against the spread this year. ...

This would be the last game I would consider being fixed.

Then you're looking in the wrong place to see who is fixing games. The line opened at -6, quickly moved to -7 and got as high as -9 in some places. Money kept coming in on KC. KC lost. Bettors lost their ass. Vegas and all the bookies and mob guys that take bets made a killing.