Bills to play Jets in Detroit 7pm Monday

YoloinOhio

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redskins reporter -->>

@NBCdianna: Sources tell me the game will be Monday between the Jets and Bills in Detroit #NFL #Bills #Jets #buffalosnow

@NBCdianna: I'm also told the Bills preferred a game outdoors forcing Michael Vick into the elements instead of the controlled climate of Ford Field

Edited by YoloinOhio

You want it to look like the 1030 Mass getting out while the Noon Mass is waiting? Boy, that would be a clustereff. Oh wait, it's New Jersey, they are all sinners and don't go to Mass

The NFL is too scared of people drinking all day.

Find it kind of amusing that pretty much no mention of Toronto being a possibility. I'm sure the Bills said they don't want to open up that can of worms again.

This will create job opportunities for one group of people,

Washed up comedians can resurrect all of their 1977 Buffalo snow storm jokes again.

You would think special circumstances would come into play. A natural disaster is just that. Didn't the Saints play in San Antonio post Katrina? That was a non NFL venue. Its just a bad situation all around, I know there's no solution that will please everyone.

I think your confusing "hosts an nfl team" with "meets nfl minimum requirements to host a team"

Carrier done would need renovations to be considered, not a home team

29K and change actually.

Carrier dome hosting Syracuse Crunch hockey game this weekend.

I believe they said that wouldn't have been an issue.

How many fans do you think will show for a Bills/Jets game in Detroit?

I realize there are bigger issues here, but it sure does suck that we finally get rid of the Toronto game and here we are with 7 home games again. The storm is supposed to end tonight, I just can't believe they wouldn't be able to clear the snow in 3-4 days time if NFL moved the game to Monday or Tuesday.

Well since it technically isn't a Detroit game, I'm sure the guy with the laser pointer has a vendetta. Unless he is banned from the stadium overall.

I see Pitt is playing at home on Saturday, likely that's the reason they aren't moving it there as would have seemed to me to been the best choice as closest if anyone did want to make the trip.

Yep - they have 4 HS games on Friday and U of Pitt on Saturday - combined with the fact they have a grass field and they wanted a week to get it back in shape for the next Steelers game and it wouldn't have been feasible. Their field is always crap to begin with. Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh, you mean like London. Oh wait, you mean like Toronto. NFL will always do whats best for the NFL and not the fans. No reason whatsoever this game shouldn't be in Syracuse. First, it would reduce the travel for the Jets (minimally) and then the Bills. Second, it would allow both teams to actually get their fans into the stadium. Third, the CBS production vans are here and they'd have to travel less. But alas, putting a few dollars more in the pockets of another NFL owner and concessionairre matters more. Protect the $hield.

Those stadiums are obviously checked and authorised and told what health and safety features need to be brought up to standard, how the arrangements will work etc etc well beforehand. They haven't got enough time to do that. This situation is quite different and frustrating as it is and horrible as it is to lose a home game safety comes first.

Airport is open. Never closed in the last 3 days. No snow at all tomorrow. 37/37 and rain Saturday, 49/47 and rain Sunday. 61/40 and rain Monday. Yep, that's right. 61 degrees in Orchard Park on Monday. Problem is there was an additional two feet of snow today on top of the 4 feet that fell Tuesday-Wednesday. Even with the warm up and the rain, they decided there was no way they can clear multiple feet of snow out by Monday. As of now, there is still a travel ban in Orchard Park and surrounding areas. No idea when it will be lifted. If they played Tuesday, I see no reason why it couldn't be at the Ralph. I think they could have even played Monday night. Politicians freaked out this morning and the NFL is moving the game.

Realistically, what kind of a crowd is this game going to draw in Detroit or Washington? Can't imagine more than 30% of the season ticket holders would go to Detroit for a weekday night game, near 0% for DC. Then, how many people in Detroit are going to fork out full dollar (would be unfair to season ticket holders to deep discount prices) to see a non-lions game.

Ask yourself this: same storm hits Motown and the league moves Lions/Vikings to the Ralph? You buying a ticket? Me neither.

The 29,000 UB Stadium seems like a much better solution. Drove past it an hour ago. Trace amounts of snow, parking lots clear.

Make tix available to season ticket holders based on longevity.

Realistically, what kind of a crowd is this game going to draw in Detroit or Washington? Can't imagine more than 30% of the season ticket holders would go to Detroit for a weekday night game, near 0% for DC. Then, how many people in Detroit are going to fork out full dollar (would be unfair to season ticket holders to deep discount prices) to see a non-lions game.

Ask yourself this: same storm hits Motown and the league moves Lions/Vikings to the Ralph? You buying a ticket? Me neither.

The 29,000 UB Stadium seems like a much better solution. Drove past it an hour ago. Trace amounts of snow, parking lots clear.

Id go, but I bought season tickets for my local team as I enjoy going to games

DC could draw 30,000 just with the ex-Buffalonians here.

@SI_PeterKing: Sitting down to write on plight of Bills. There is no plight of Bills, I learned. "Moving the game was easy," CEO Russ Brandon said. Why?>>

@SI_PeterKing: >>Brandon: "A football game now would take away from the hospitals, roads & services so desperately needed. We must focus on the community."

Simply impossible that same storm could ever hit any other team than BFLO. Not these big snow totals. It would simply be impossible for a "system storm" to dump this much any other place. BFLO is a very unique micro-climate.

Notice, I said: "any other team." Syracuse, Erie... Maybe Cleveland being the only other team. Cleveland like DET, GB, CHI simply isn't in position as BFLO... But probably second in the running for getting hit bad. DET probably has the "best" "tempered climate than the NFL markets that could come close.

Now... A nor'ester possibly, even then IMO you wouldn't see such epic snow totals as we are seeing here. Yet, the East Coast could be wiped out.

I mean 7+ feet? SEVEN FEET? This storm may have exceed all state records... Even Washington State and Alaska records where I think they wer @ the plus 60" (5 feet range.) for mostly not that populated areas.

This storm is simply incredible... Thank God it was so damn localized!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Simply impossible that same storm could ever hit any other team than BFLO. Not these big snow totals. It would simply be impossible for a "system storm" to dump this much any other place. BFLO is a very unique micro-climate.

Notice, I said: "any other team." Syracuse, Erie... Maybe Cleveland being the only other team. Cleveland like DET, GB, CHI simply isn't in position as BFLO... But probably second in the running for getting hit bad. DET probably has the "best" "tempered climate than the NFL markets that could come close.

Now... A nor'ester possibly, even then IMO you wouldn't see such epic snow totals as we are seeing here. Yet, the East Coast could be wiped out.

I mean 7+ feet? SEVEN FEET? This storm may have exceed all state records... Even Washington and Alaska records where I think they wer @ the plus 60" (5 feet range.) for mostly not that populated areas.

This storm is simply incredible... Thank God it was so damn localized!

There's very few places that have the potential for snowfall like Buffalo or Watertown. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Hokkaido. There's surprisingly few places in the world where cold, dry continental air masses move across large, warm bodies of water.

There's very few places that have the potential for snowfall like Buffalo or Watertown. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Hokkaido. There's surprisingly few places in the world where cold, dry continental air masses move across large, warm bodies of water.

Yep! I think that's the snowiest place on earth (Hokkaido) with a large population.

Schefter says game is in Detroit, 7 pm Monday.

This would work out perfect for me! If roads would only open up in the areas I need to be in outside BFLO. I could still visit family for the weekend. Was planning on heading out tomorrow. Make sure my inlaws are okay... Head home on Monday morning as usual, take in the game while passing Toldeo, swing up to Detroit, then after the game, be home in around 3 hours!

Wow... Now only if the plan works... This is incredible. Just plow out my Father's street and lift the ban by tomorrow night? Can't be any more perfect.

echo...echo...echo....

Bills vs. Jets in Detroit = sucks

No... Not at all! It's right on my way! Swing up from Toledo on my way out of town... Then after the game take I-94 home through Michigan... I can't believe how perfect this may work out. Just gotta be able to get into town tomorrow night? Not sure how that will work?

I don't care what people say, someone is going to look really stupid. They will show the Ralph and the streets will be clear and the stadium will be (or would have been) pretty much cleaned up. Would have been great for the community to have people come out and shovel the stadium Sat-Sun, tailgate and play Monday night. Would have been a nice break after this week and would have shown how crazy we are. It's literally going to be 61 degrees in Orchard Park on Monday. Going to be above freezing starting Saturday. The snow stopped hours ago. I live in Lancaster. 12 miles from the stadium. We had 80+ inches of snow here since Monday night. Tomorrow will be a huge cleanup day. My driveway (15 x 40) is already cleared. Travel Bans will be lifted tomorrow. Things will pretty much be back to normal by Sunday. Northern half of Erie County got less than 10 inches of snow. They should have put the Detroit plan together and then waited until tomorrow to make a final decision and announcement. It's Buffalo man, we can handle this stuff like nobody else. Bills will be able to practice Fri-Sat-Sun. Now they have to fly to Detroit. They could have and should have played this game at the Ralph. Just my opinion.

@JasonLaCanfora: The Lions practice facility will be made available to the Bills starting tomorrow. CBS will televise the game in the NYC and BUF markets

So is it official? 7 pm on Monday? Detroit?

"Got brass in pocket... Driving, Dee-troit leaning!"

Wow... Lemons turn into lemonade... If my brother can't get his car out... I can pick him up, drive back home... He can stay the night in DET and rent a one way car back to B-Lo. This may alter what vehicle I bring. Small Jeep Wrangler vs. big Chrysler 6 seater. 4 are with me. Here's hoping he can get out of his street... We can caravan as I head back home on Monday morning!