Bills to play Jets in Detroit 7pm Monday

YoloinOhio

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do the Bills get to the airport if they are snowed in?

Teams usually travel for away games on Saturday so maybe they anticipate the travel ban being lifted in time. Or maybe they will try and get there sooner in order to have at least a day of organized practice. This is really an unusual situation.

I guess I'm surprised the Carrier Dome wasn't a stronger contender. I mean, I know there's a rink in place for a hockey game there on Saturday, but according to the building's managing director, they'd be ready for Monday night:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/11/syracuse_carrier_dome_available_buffalo_bills_nfl_monday.html?hootPostID=6d446756aa9a51b19bc174f1904f2bcf

Whatever. As long as it's on TV, I guess.

I guess I'm surprised the Carrier Dome wasn't a stronger contender. I mean, I know there's a rink in place for a hockey game there on Saturday, but according to the building's managing director, they'd be ready for Monday night:

http://www.syracuse....bc174f1904f2bcf

Whatever. As long as it's on TV, I guess.

Apparently the NFL will not allow the game to be played in a non-NFL venue.

Travel ban could be lifted tomorrow. So full practice at OBD Friday, Sat, Sun am. Sunday night travel?

I hope that's the case. The Bills should not be put at a disadvantage in terms of practice, otherwise they should schedule it for Tuesday.

How many fans do you think will show for a Bills/Jets game in Detroit?

I realize there are bigger issues here, but it sure does suck that we finally get rid of the Toronto game and here we are with 7 home games again. The storm is supposed to end tonight, I just can't believe they wouldn't be able to clear the snow in 3-4 days time if NFL moved the game to Monday or Tuesday.

Aren't the Vikings playing their entire home schedule in a non-NFL venue this year? And the Bills can't play one lousy game there due to a special circumstance? The NFL is whack.

Aren't the Vikings playing their entire home schedule in a non-NFL venue this year? And the Bills can't play one lousy game there due to a special circumstance? The NFL is whack.

i think the u of minn stadium had to go through some nfl mandated upgrades before that venue was approved

How many fans do you think will show for a Bills/Jets game in Detroit?

I realize there are bigger issues here, but it sure does suck that we finally get rid of the Toronto game and here we are with 7 home games again. The storm is supposed to end tonight, I just can't believe they wouldn't be able to clear the snow in 3-4 days time if NFL moved the game to Monday or Tuesday.

Totally doable for me... Only around 3 hours for me! Not sure how my brother would get there... I suppose if he can get his car out... He's got my other ticket.

Anybody know how to get tickets to somebody quick in this case? In case he can't make it, how would my brother pass the tickets on to me?

i think the u of minn stadium had to go through some nfl mandated upgrades before that venue was approved

Just Jack knows all about the 'Cuse thing... He explained it well!

You would think special circumstances would come into play. A natural disaster is just that. Didn't the Saints play in San Antonio post Katrina? That was a non NFL venue. Its just a bad situation all around, I know there's no solution that will please everyone.

Oh, you mean like London. Oh wait, you mean like Toronto. NFL will always do whats best for the NFL and not the fans. No reason whatsoever this game shouldn't be in Syracuse. First, it would reduce the travel for the Jets (minimally) and then the Bills. Second, it would allow both teams to actually get their fans into the stadium. Third, the CBS production vans are here and they'd have to travel less. But alas, putting a few dollars more in the pockets of another NFL owner and concessionairre matters more. Protect the $hield.

Oh, you mean like London. Oh wait, you mean like Toronto. NFL will always do whats best for the NFL and not the fans. No reason whatsoever this game shouldn't be in Syracuse. First, it would reduce the travel for the Jets (minimally) and then the Bills. Second, it would allow both teams to actually get their fans into the stadium. Third, the CBS production vans are here and they'd have to travel less. But alas, putting a few dollars more in the pockets of another NFL owner and concessionairre matters more. Protect the $hield.

Exactly! Is the NFL considering what's best for the Bills, Buffalo, or the fans? Or what's best for the NFL?

agreed.

The dome even sells beer. I live in utica and would've loved this. Oh well...

Did the nfl say anything about a black out?