Global warming err Climate change HOAX

54 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Wait, only man can make the climate change - there's consensus!

This reverse global warming climate change nonsense like the so-called 'little ice age' never happened. It's not like climate is a very complex cyclical system of atmospheric interactions that are affected by any number of extraterrestrial stimuli as well as internal stimuli.

289pwk.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual NYT headline.

Climate Change Denialists Say Polar Bears Are Fine. Scientists Are Pushing Back.

Sure, the honest headline on that story would have been "Scientists Disagree About Prospects For Polar Bears", but this is the New York Times. If you expect balanced coverage from the NYT ... well you might check the classifieds to see if the Brooklyn Bridge is still for sale.

The issues raised in the Times article were discussed in the Watts Up With That blog yesterday: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/11/pushing-back-against-the-stupidest-scientific-paper-ever-published/ -- "Stupidest Scientific Paper Ever Published" should not be treated as a challenge to be surpassed.

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Actual NYT headline.

Climate Change Denialists Say Polar Bears Are Fine. Scientists Are Pushing Back.

Sure, the honest headline on that story would have been "Scientists Disagree About Prospects For Polar Bears", but this is the New York Times. If you expect balanced coverage from the NYT ... well you might check the classifieds to see if the Brooklyn Bridge is still for sale.

The issues raised in the Times article were discussed in the Watts Up With That blog yesterday: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/11/pushing-back-against-the-stupidest-scientific-paper-ever-published/ -- "Stupidest Scientific Paper Ever Published" should not be treated as a challenge to be surpassed.

So having read all that, to summarize: a bunch of morons published "peer reviewed research" that is nothing more than "Waaaah!  Someone disagrees with us!"  And that someone who disagrees with them refuted their "stupidest scientific paper ever published" (which it pretty much is), with an unpublished, unreviewed paper of her own (which might be the stupidest rebuttal ever published).  And the NYT decided to write a piece with a core thesis of "My retard's better than your retard."

When did the real world turn in to PPP?

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

So what attributed to the Little Ice Age?  Was it.....gasp.....climate change????

Volcanoes and solar activity. 

12 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Wait, only man can make the climate change - there's consensus!

This reverse global warming climate change nonsense like the so-called 'little ice age' never happened. It's not like climate is a very complex cyclical system of atmospheric interactions that are affected by any number of extraterrestrial stimuli as well as internal stimuli.

STOP!!! You’re obfuscating with details and facts. FASCIST!!!

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So having read all that, to summarize: a bunch of morons published "peer reviewed research" that is nothing more than "Waaaah!  Someone disagrees with us!"  And that someone who disagrees with them refuted their "stupidest scientific paper ever published" (which it pretty much is), with an unpublished, unreviewed paper of her own (which might be the stupidest rebuttal ever published).  And the NYT decided to write a piece with a core thesis of "My retard's better than your retard."

When did the real world turn in to PPP?

Oh, it’s always been weird. It’s just getting more so. 

36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

don't these talking monkees know that Eden has enough to go around.....

Did you just misspell "monkeys," or are you really referring to Mickey Dolenz, Peter Tork, Davy Jones, etc.

(Side note: which is sadder, knowing all four Monkees, or only three of them?)

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Did you just misspell "monkeys," or are you really referring to Mickey Dolenz, Peter Tork, Davy Jones, etc.

Only three........

Since Mike Nesmith had the most talent

54 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

silly monkees... give them thumbs, they make a club, and beat their brother down.

Edited by Foxx

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tork was easily the best musician of them

Now you are talking "crazy talk"...........................keep it up and you may be the first person that I put on ignore.

Nesmith forever !

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Now you are talking "crazy talk"...........................keep it up and you may be the first person that I put on ignore.

Nesmith forever !

Tork had a Greenwich Village folk act going and was very capable on banjo and guitar and keyboards, a compatriot and friend of Stephen Stills at the time

just because Mike earnestly stared at all his chord changes during during the videos didn’t mean he was good

So you learned something there, twink.

you don’t have to thank me.....

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Tork had a Greenwich Village folk act going and was very capable on banjo and guitar and keyboards, a compatriot and friend of Stephen Stills at the time

just because Mike earnestly stared at all his chord changes during during the videos didn’t mean he was good

So you learned something there, twink.

you don’t have to thank me.....

Man, when you step in it you don't %$#@ around.

The only established musician of the bunch when the "band" was formed was Nesmith. Tork could play, but the only music he actually played on was that which was written and produced by Nesmith.

I saw them live in 1968. Tork was no longer with the band. Nesmith was the only one of the remaining three that actually played his instrument.

He nailed "Pleasant Valley Sunday" front to back.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

give a monkey a typewriter and it can write a peer reviewed climate report accepted by the Consensus

this man gets it.

:beer:

silly monkees give them thumbs, they forge a blade, and where there's one
they're bound to divide it, right in two. right in two.

Edited by Foxx

18 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Why was the temperatures in the 80's last week and the 40's this week?

I want answers!

Especially since I started working on my pool....

I suppose we have you to blame for this weather. Working on your pool in mid April is like touching the Stanley Cup before winning it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Why was the temperatures in the 80's last week and the 40's this week?

I want answers!

Especially since I started working on my pool....

You want answers? You want the truth?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/04/17/dying-gulf-stream-may-trigger-global-nightmare.print.html

Oh no, a system we barely understand and have only minimal relevant historical data on is changing, and could potentially cause an undefined global catastrophe at some undefined point in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be man! Fund our research, or we're all doomed!

16 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/04/17/dying-gulf-stream-may-trigger-global-nightmare.print.html

Oh no, a system we barely understand and have only minimal relevant historical data on is changing, and could potentially cause an undefined global catastrophe at some undefined point in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be man! Fund our research, or we're all doomed!

From your link:

The culprit is apparently melting sea ice and glaciers, which inject fresh water into the North Atlantic and weaken the stream. "Fiddling with [the Gulf Stream] is very dangerous, because you may well trigger some surprises," says climate scientist Stefan Rahmstorf.

"I wish I knew where this critical tipping point is, but that is unfortunately just what we don’t know." If the stream dies, scientists say, its equatorial heat would stop reaching the North Atlantic—plunging Europe into bone-numbing winters and affecting weather worldwide.

Even subtler changes "could wreak havoc" on the Atlantic Ocean's "delicate ecosystems," Smithsonian reports. The studies differ in approach and timeline but both say the Gulf Stream has diminished by about 15%, Nature reports.

One study spotted it by measuring sediment on the ocean floor and says the problem began when the Little Ice Age subsided around 1850. The other, which analyzed sea surface temperatures combined with advanced climate simulations, says the decline started around 50 years ago.

But both see human-influenced climate change as a cause, Nature says. And with Greenland's huge ice cap melting at a historic rate, some say the Paris climate agreement is our only hope.

Looks like we now need global warming!

Edited by 3rdnlng

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

The culprit is apparently melting sea ice and glaciers, which inject fresh water into the North Atlantic and weaken the stream. "Fiddling with [the Gulf Stream] is very dangerous, because you may well trigger some surprises," says climate scientist Stefan Rahmstorf.

"I wish I knew where this critical tipping point is, but that is unfortunately just what we don’t know." If the stream dies, scientists say, its equatorial heat would stop reaching the North Atlantic—plunging Europe into bone-numbing winters and affecting weather worldwide.

Even subtler changes "could wreak havoc" on the Atlantic Ocean's "delicate ecosystems," Smithsonian reports. The studies differ in approach and timeline but both say the Gulf Stream has diminished by about 15%, Nature reports.

One study spotted it by measuring sediment on the ocean floor and says the problem began when the Little Ice Age subsided around 1850. The other, which analyzed sea surface temperatures combined with advanced climate simulations, says the decline started around 50 years ago.

But both see human-influenced climate change as a cause, Nature says. And with Greenland's huge ice cap melting at a historic rate, some say the Paris climate agreement is our only hope.

Looks like we now need global warming!

Yes, it was all outlined in the movie 2012, which was based on Art Bell's book The Coming Global Superstorm, which book was, amazingly, even dumber than the movie.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Yes, it was all outlined in the movie 2012, which was based on Art Bell's book The Coming Global Superstorm, which book was, amazingly, even dumber than the movie.

This gives me a fantastic idea for a "mockumentary" style board game, in the Clue format.

Who else had "Art Bell in 2012 with the coming global superstorm"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This gives me a fantastic idea for a "mockumentary" style board game, in the Clue format.

Who else had "Art Bell in 2012 with the coming global superstorm"?

Nope.  I had Al Gore in 2013 with the melted Artic ice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1