Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Oregon.....................your tax dollars at work.

Academics at the University of Oregon present their feminist glaciology framework for global environmental change research:

From what I can understand from that convoluted article, the goal is to re-examine the science by filtering it through a feminist lens. The presumption is that gender studies expands a person's observation of the world, by it's innate rejection of proven facts.

Scientist: The glacier is 32F

Feminist: The glacier is melting because it's being raped by the patriarchy.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can understand from that convoluted article, the goal is to re-examine the science by filtering it through a feminist lens. The presumption is that gender studies expands a person's observation of the world, by it's innate rejection of proven facts.

Scientist: The glacier is 32F

Feminist: The glacier is melting because it's being raped by the patriarchy.

But it's lying on the breast of mother nature who gave birth to it by ejecting it from her womb-mountain-peak-valley. Weep for the dying child as it sloughs off into the cold rising sea.

So this means glaciers get paid time off during that time of the month?

The glacier is also melting at 77% of the iceberg's rate under the same Sun (or daughter).

Climatologists are asking for increased funding to study the discriminatory behavior of the Sun against Ice in water vs land. Theories speculate that it's due to the patriarchal notion that an iceberg must hide 2/3 of it's mass from view.

I actually like how wind turbines look. (Although so many don't seem to turn)

The ecological impact on birds is being ignored (by the left), but the economical and environmental benefits look promising, if unproven by time.

Like most political statistics, the numbers from either side will be exaggerated, but from personal experience (living in the southwest) we have a lot of empty land that would be perfect for it -and they're popping up faster than weeds, so why not try it for now?

Of course, I would also like to see how difficult it would be to remove them if they prove unfeasible. Will they end up like abandoned oil platforms?

A Constitutional Right to Forced Impoverishment
The global warming hysteric, James Hansen, has brought a lawsuit claiming that government policy that support the fossil fuel industries is unconstitutional. From his “The Constitutional Right to a Healthier Climate,” published by the Boston Globe:
On Wednesday, a judge in US District Court in Oregon will consider whether a constitutional challenge to federal actions that underwrite fossil fuel emissions may proceed.
Brought by youth plaintiffs, and by me, on behalf of future generations, the lawsuit alleges that by permitting, authorizing, and subsidizing the exploitation, production, transport, and burning of fossil fuels, our government has caused or substantially contributed to the present emergency in which the very viability of a hospitable climate system is at stake.
We argue that such federal actions infringe upon the fundamental guarantees of the Fifth Amendment, including the rights to life, liberty, property, and equal protection of the law.

In other words, Hanson wants the court to declare a constitutional right to forced impoverishment.
As with most Green radicals, Hansen shows his authoritarian colors:
Congress and the president manifestly lack the requisite resolve. Accordingly, the court should immediately order the government to develop and implement a climate recovery plan.
Effective measures should include a rising fee on carbon emissions to ensure that fossil fuel industry costs now imposed on our health and our children’s future are accounted for in energy purchase and investment decisions. Such a plan could pave the way for deep decarbonization of our industrial system, and guide effective international action.

If courts can order certain policies enacted–or order Congress to act particular measures–we will devolved into an authoritarian state dictated by the “expert” technocratic class. What folly. Even if global warming is true, the answer isn’t to destroy our economies and to force the impoverished in the world to remain in their misery.

Are you kidding? Those a-holes probably run the water while brushing their teeth, take hour long showers, put the heat on to 74 and the AC on 66, leave all the lights on at night and when they are out of the house, and leave their car idiling with the AC blasting while they wait in the parking lot for their friend to finish getting ice cold beer and cigarettes at the 7-11.

Are you kidding? Those a-holes probably run the water while brushing their teeth, take hour long showers, put the heat on to 74 and the AC on 66, leave all the lights on at night and when they are out of the house, and leave their car idiling with the AC blasting while they wait in the parking lot for their friend to finish getting ice cold beer and cigarettes at the 7-11.

Hey who doesn't do that! :nana::nana:

But I separate (ahmmm, I mean "recycle") my garbage meticulously! Doesn't that make up for the transgressions you listed? :D

I'm one of those people that run my AC during the winter instead of opening a window.

Hey who doesn't do that! :nana::nana:

But I separate (ahmmm, I mean "recycle") my garbage meticulously! Doesn't that make up for the transgressions you listed? :D

No it doesn't because the recycled material gets picked up by a separate dirty fossil fuel burning truck.

Edited by keepthefaith

No it doesn't because the recycled material gets picked up by a separate dirty fossil fuel burning truck.

People forget that the original purpose of recycling was to reduce landfill use. It's been recast as a "carbon reduction" activity since (ref. my usual complaint about the environmental movement being hijacked by the anti-carbon crowd). But there's several studies that have argued that recycling has a larger carbon footprint than just throwing things out.

People forget that the original purpose of recycling was to reduce landfill use. It's been recast as a "carbon reduction" activity since (ref. my usual complaint about the environmental movement being hijacked by the anti-carbon crowd). But there's several studies that have argued that recycling has a larger carbon footprint than just throwing things out.

A great example of how the carbon-reductioneers employ a campaign of misinformation in order to appeal to people's willingness to be responsible. If your movement must rely so heavily on lies and distortion in order to succeed, then you've pretty much invalidated it as far as I'm concerned.

A great example of how the carbon-reductioneers employ a campaign of misinformation in order to appeal to people's willingness to be responsible. If your movement must rely so heavily on lies and distortion in order to succeed, then you've pretty much invalidated it as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously? You should hear yourself.

http://www.carbonneutralearth.com/why_recycle_plastic.php

Seriously? You should hear yourself.

http://www.carbonneutralearth.com/why_recycle_plastic.php

From your link:

"When you recyle plastic, it is used to produce such items as filling for sleeping bags and vests, cassette tapes"

Buggy whips too? When are you going to learn that you should actually read what you link to?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Yes. I recall that Top Gear did a show mocking the Toyota Prius by pointing out the origin of all of the components that make up that car and how many miles the components travel before final assembly. That and the pollution likely caused in the manufacturing of the extra components in the car.