Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost is only an issue in the absence of value. :D

I have no idea of the source and accuracy of this chart but according to it the rise has leveled off over that last 8-10k years.

The artwork is from Robert Rohde, founder of Global Warming Art. The scale on that graph is in meters. Were talking millimeter changes now. Here is from the more recent past at the CSIRO web site. Sea levels were still rising well before there was any significant burning of fossil fuels.

CSIRO_GMSL_figure.png

You aspire to be a halfwit? Are you gatorman?

Guess it would be better to be a halfwit than a nitwit.

The artwork is from Robert Rohde, founder of Global Warming Art. The scale on that graph is in meters. Were talking millimeter changes now. Here is from the more recent past at the CSIRO web site. Sea levels were still rising well before there was any significant burning of fossil fuels.

CSIRO_GMSL_figure.png

Significant coal burning started before 1880.

That is the argument the global warming crowd uses...and it's not wrong. The problem is that depending on the point they want to stress, they keep changing their damned baseline.

Interesting:

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-sea-level-rise/

Good thing we will be dead. Imagine the refugee debate in 2080?

Most predictions say the warming of the planet will continue and likely will accelerate. Oceans will likely continue to rise as well, but predicting the amount is an inexact science. A recent study says we can expect the oceans to rise between 2.5 and 6.5 feet (0.8 and 2 meters) by 2100, enough to swamp many of the cities along the U.S. East Coast. More dire estimates, including a complete meltdown of the Greenland ice sheet, push sea level rise to 23 feet (7 meters), enough to submerge London.

You aspire to be a halfwit? Are you gatorman?

Nitwit.

Not anymore!

Not anymore what?

Well, there's that. The weather is priceless. Which it would have to be since on my salary, I'd be homeless lol

And we have lots of bridges for you to live under too. :thumbsup:

Significant coal burning started before 1880.

That is the argument the global warming crowd uses...and it's not wrong. The problem is that depending on the point they want to stress, they keep changing their damned baseline.

Based on atmospheric CO2 levels were talking around 1940 or so. It's always fun to watch them try to explain this:

co2_temperature_historical.png

It's also always interesting to point out that at 150 ppm CO2 all plant life dies.

Based on atmospheric CO2 levels were talking around 1940 or so. It's always fun to watch them try to explain this:

It's also always interesting to point out that at 150 ppm CO2 all plant life dies.

They don't explain it. They dismiss it. Because it disagrees with consensus. Which is what makes global warming a religion and not science.

In reality, you can prove damn near anything you want about climate change if you choose the correct baseline. Which is why there's so much bull **** proselytizing masquerading as science within the discipline.

Interesting:

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-sea-level-rise/

Good thing we will be dead. Imagine the refugee debate in 2080?

It's always interesting when an article includes a scary picture and uses "a recent study" which they don't identify to promote their beliefs. We wouldn't want anybody actually reading the "recent study" now would we?

Gator, your an object lesson of confirmation bias.

It's always interesting when an article includes a scary picture and uses "a recent study" which they don't identify to promote their beliefs. We wouldn't want anybody actually reading the "recent study" now would we?

Gator, your an object lesson of confirmation bias.

He's an abject lesson in scientific ignorance.

Guess who he is in this comic:

phd051809s.gif

I think I might print up dozens of these and have them laminated and hand them out to my climate change friends.

Judge Orders White House To Stop Hiding Its Bogus Global Warming ‘Proof.’

On January 8, 2014, the White House posted a controversial video claiming that global warming causes more severe winter cold. Called “The Polar Vortex Explained in 2 Minutes,” it featured the director of the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy (OSTP), , claiming that a “growing body of evidence” showed that the “extreme cold being experienced by much of the United States” at the time was “a pattern that we can expect to see with increasing frequency as global warming continues.”

This claim was questioned by many scientists and commentators. (See, e.g., Jason Samenow, Scientists: Don’t make “extreme cold” centerpiece of global warming argument, Washington Post, Feb. 20, 2014 (linking to objection by five well-known climate scientists in the Feb. 14, 2014 issue of Science magazine); Patrick J. Michaels, Hot Air About Cold Air, Jan. 16, 2014 (former state climatologist of Virginia rejected Holdren’s claim))

In April 2014, the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) sent a request for correction of this statement under the federal Information Quality Act, citing peer-reviewed scientific articles debunking it. In June 2014, OSTP rejected this request, claiming that Holdren’s statement was his “personal opinion,” not the agency’s position, and that it thus did not constitute “information” subject to the Information Quality Act, which excludes “subjective opinions” from its reach.

In response, CEI filed a Freedom of Information Act request seeking documents related to the video, its production at taxpayer expense, and OSTP’s rejection of its correction request.

Despite having earlier claimed that the video was just Holdren’s personal opinion, not the agency’s, OSTP withheld portions of emails about it as privileged “agency records.” It also refused to produce drafts of its letter rejecting CEI’s request for correction.

More at the link:

Why not SHARE all that TRUTH with us ???

Edited by B-Man

I have to say that I'm very proud that this thread I started is still going strong.

I wonder if there is any correlation with this thread still going strong and you staying away? Or, could it be causation?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Why is "Global Warming" the only science Liberals obsessively believe?

They don't understand Economics. They're afraid of GMO's. They warn against Vaccines. They reject the concept of genders. They preach a Technology-free carbon-less lifestyle...

Why is this one thing different?