Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Nye isn't a scientist. But even so, he's still far more a scientist than Sarah Palin. :lol:

Remember kids: weather is not climate, .................................unless it is

8liw3txV_bigger.jpgBill NyeVerified account @BillNye 15h15 hours ago

Rained enough in Texas to close businesses and schools. Extra heat energy in the atmosphere. Climate change?

pic.twitter.com/IfAXQXfnyP

CgXHArXWsAEKaxO.jpg

In response to my statement "The 'consensus' argument is the same logic that brought us Eugenics the village idiots only response.Nice try sparky.

only an idiot would make such a stupid argument, lol. Go ahead an explain it to us, moron.

Would love to hear this stupidity

Gator 101:

Make a ridiculous argument, then when called out for it he asks someone else to explain his original point for him and how it's relevant.

Trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolling right along...

You are so stupid. Wtf are you trying to even say?

only an idiot would make such a stupid argument, lol. Go ahead an explain it to us, moron.

Would love to hear this stupidity

Gator is trolling again ... avoids addressing what is discussed and like a 12 year old resorts to name calling. Time for a history lesson.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v530/n7591/full/530418a.html

By 1928, a total of 375 US universities and colleges were teaching eugenics, and 70% of high-school biology textbooks endorsed the pseudoscience in some form. Eugenics was also endorsed by presidents including Theodore Roosevelt, funded by philanthropic organizations including the Carnegie Institution, and touted by award-winning scientists such as biologist Edwin Grant Conklin and the Nobel laureate Hermann Muller, discoverer of X-ray mutagenesis, as well as prominent inventors such as Alexander Graham Bell.

http://www1.assumption.edu/ahc/1920s/eugenics/default.html

By the 1920s Eugenics was well established as a branch of biology. Most high school and college textbooks, for example, devoted a chapter to it -- including the one used by John T. Scopes to teach evolution in Tennessee. Its treatment began with the observation that experience had shown how plants and animals could be improved by proper breeding techniques. Surely it was reasonable to assume the same would hold for humans.

http://www.nature.com/scitable/forums/genetics-generation/america-s-hidden-history-the-eugenics-movement-123919444

The eugenics movement took root in the United States in the early 1900s, led by Charles Davenport (1866-1944), a prominent biologist, and Harry Laughlin, a former teacher and principal interested in breeding.

http://mn.gov/mnddc/parallels2/pdf/undated/The-Eugenics-Movement.pdf

During the first few decades of this century, the most influential geneticist in America was Charles B. Davenport. He taught at Harvard until 1899, and then moved to the University of Chicago briefly, before founding the Carnegie Institution's genetics and evolution laboratories at Cold Spring Harbor on Long Island.

https://www.academia.edu/12333972/When_Harvard_Said_No_To_Eugenics?auto=download

By the time of Mearss death, eugenics had been part of the Harvard landscape for almost a generation. Students, administrators, faculty, and staff members were thoroughly versed in the work of eugenic organizations and the ideas that drove the movement. Scholars of eugenics wrote books about the power of heredity, and the Harvard curriculum included various courses on eugenics. Endorsement of the importance of the eugenic outlook started at the top of Harvards hierarchy.

http://www.yougenics.net/online_docs/eugenicsTimeline.pdf

1914::courses teaching the "science" of eugenics offered at Harvard, Columbia, Brown and Cornell

1928::75% of universities and colleges offer courses teaching eugenics

The moral is "consensus" is not "science."

Yes. Because the "science" in eugenics was pathetically rudimentary and highly biased by racism, class and ethnic hatred.

The science in global warming is serious--unless you think its a religion, I guess--and much more thorough and grounded in the scientific method

Yes. Because the "science" in eugenics was pathetically rudimentary and highly biased by racism, class and ethnic hatred.

The science in global warming is serious--unless you think its a religion, I guess--and much more thorough and grounded in the scientific method

So what are your plans to reverse mother nature?

Getting people to agree that there's a problem and it's manmade is not an acceptable response to that question BTW.

What "scientific method" is this again? Please describe it.

Under modern interpretations, a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, implying that it is possible to identify a possible outcome of an experiment that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, the hypothesis cannot be meaningfully tested.[7]

Explain how Global Warming is falsifiable.

Explain how Global Warming is falsifiable.

Curveball!

I got this though. Simple, fill a bottle with air and increase the CO2 and leave in the sun. Measure the temp increase and do the same with a bottle without increasing CO2.

Boom!

Ok play that game. Let's assume we get a vast majority of the people to agree that climate change is real and manmade. Then what would you propose?

Well....increased government involvement in alternative energy. Promoting more of it. Carbon sequestration, if possible. And using human creativity to figure news way. And, are we assuming I am a dictator and can do whatever I want? :)

Well....increased government involvement in alternative energy. Promoting more of it. Carbon sequestration, if possible. And using human creativity to figure news way. And, are we assuming I am a dictator and can do whatever I want? :)

And how do you plan to get the rest of the world's biggest polluters to follow along?

Curveball!

I got this though. Simple, fill a bottle with air and increase the CO2 and leave in the sun. Measure the temp increase and do the same with a bottle without increasing CO2.

Boom!

Participation ribbon in the third grade science fair here you come!