This just in

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you sir, are either a complete idiot, or just trying to get a rise....ill bite...

its a pretty historic amount of snow fall in a very short period of time, making it IMPOSSIBLE for plows to even attempt to keep up with the snowfall and keeping roads clear...add to that, the stranded vehicles blocking any attempt of plows to clear roads, and you make the situation even more impossible to keep up....and then add to the fact that you have 6 feet of snow in a large area that you need to physically REMOVE from the area, not just move it around...and you have a nearly impossible situation for a few days

I remember Buffalo back in the 70's when a huge snowstorm hit. Busses were stranded empty in the city streets for days

THIS JUST IN!

The Jets and Bills Week 12 game at Ralph Wilson Stadium is still scheduled for 1 PM ET Sunday despite seven feet of snow expected in Buffalo.

Yes, that's SEVEN FEET. Buffalo has already gotten upwards of four feet of white powder, and another 1.5 to 3 feet are expected overnight Wednesday. The Bills aren't able to practice Wednesday, as the coaches and players can't all make it to the facility. The Ralph Wilson Stadium crew has removed over 220,000 tons of snow from the playing surface. We'd think the NFL will need to decide the game's status by Thursday afternoon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9388/sammy-watkins

When did snow become such a big problem for buffalo? Whoever is in charge of the plowing and salting of the streets here needs to be fired. Everybody knew this was coming and the mayor was on tv bragging how ready they were last week and now everyone looks stupid.

DING DING DING,You are correct sir!!! When this is over the heads of buffalos and west senecas highway department should be terminated.

Shoot, I have a final exam on Monday at 630 in Brockport...

Looks like I'll be expecting a death in the family on Sunday.

I think I have to spend my Monday with my uncle. Uncle Doug is in danger of losing his job, he's been sleeping at his office, and he feels he just can't make the right decision. I gotta support him.

That much snow in that little time is hard for any region to take care of, it's not the snow totals, but rather the rate.

West seneca didnt get the plows out until late and then they lost control of the situation.Out of 22 plows,10 became stuck due to a late start.I will be at the town board meeting leading the charge.

DING DING DING,You are correct sir!!! When this is over the heads of buffalos and west senecas highway department should be terminated.

Amazing how people are so quick to fire everyone. The rate of snow fall plus the number of trucks plus the number of lane miles plus the speed the trucks can travel in this case meant it was impossible to keep up with. I'm sure you'd be the same people who'd complain when your municipality suggested a nice tax increase to buy more equipment than they needed just in case they get the storm of a millennium. You'd claim "fear-mongering" and the government being out of its mind. Some people are only happy when they're complaining and pointing the finger.

So don't remove the snow from the field. Push the snow from the seating areas down ONTO the field. Mark off the yard lines with colored paint.

I grew up in West Seneca and some of the best football games we had as a kid were under that kind of conditions. Neither the Bills nor the Jets will make the playoffs so what the heck, give the players and fans an experience they'll never forget.

you sir, are either a complete idiot, or just trying to get a rise....ill bite...

its a pretty historic amount of snow fall in a very short period of time, making it IMPOSSIBLE for plows to even attempt to keep up with the snowfall and keeping roads clear...add to that, the stranded vehicles blocking any attempt of plows to clear roads, and you make the situation even more impossible to keep up....and then add to the fact that you have 6 feet of snow in a large area that you need to physically REMOVE from the area, not just move it around...and you have a nearly impossible situation for a few days

it's happened before in my lifetime. Wasn't as bad because they stayed on top of it. The last time there was a storm like this the plows were out the day before salting and out in full force the second it started snowing. They would get behind because there was no way to keep up with it but they kept at it and nothing got out of hand like it is now.

We had 3 feet on my street before we saw a plow yesterday afternoon. It's embarrassing

Amazing how people are so quick to fire everyone. The rate of snow fall plus the number of trucks plus the number of lane miles plus the speed the trucks can travel in this case meant it was impossible to keep up with. I'm sure you'd be the same people who'd complain when your municipality suggested a nice tax increase to buy more equipment than they needed just in case they get the storm of a millennium. You'd claim "fear-mongering" and the government being out of its mind. Some people are only happy when they're complaining and pointing the finger.

Government is the chief problem here.These municipalities should just hire private contractors for snow removal and there would be no problem.There will never be one instance when a government entity out performs a private firm.I am critical of West seneca right now because of the late start.They have not even picked up the piles of leaves on the curb since mid October.

You summed these complaining jerks up nicely. I have lived in the south, New England, and the northwest. Most of the cities in this country is paralyzed by the mere threat of a trace of snow. 6 inches over night shuts down Richmond Virginia and Portland Oregon for a week, and boston and NY for a day or two. Buffalo? we may have a delay, but those roads are clear by 9am. 5 flipping feet, stranded cars every where, and these A-holes are complaining that the dudes risking their life so they can go buy a pack of smokes at NOCO, arent doing a good enough job. You were nice, my retort is a bit more crass. EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFF YOU, BUDDY!!!

Government is the chief problem here.These municipalities should just hire private contractors for snow removal and there would be no problem.There will never be one instance when a government entity out performs a private firm.I am critical of West seneca right now because of the late start.They have not even picked up the piles of leaves on the curb since mid October.

OK, how many leaf vacuums do they have? How many men do they have working? How many piles are there? Are you willing to pony up for more equipment and men? I think you are a classic case of 'likes to complain guy.' RECORD SNOW FALL!!! IN BUFFALO!!!!!! Get it?

if they were to competently use the equipment I would have no problem with a tax increase. It's the fact that they knew the storm was coming (maybe not 7 feet) and sat and did nothing until it was entirely too late. Like I said in another post we didn't have a plow go down our street until there was 3 feet. Of course they can't handle it they let it get out of control

You summed these complaining jerks up nicely. I have lived in the south, New England, and the northwest. Most of the cities in this country is paralyzed by the mere threat of a trace of snow. 6 inches over night shuts down Richmond Virginia and Portland Oregon for a week, and boston and NY for a day or two. Buffalo? we may have a delay, but those roads are clear by 9am. 5 flipping feet, stranded cars every where, and these A-holes are complaining that the dudes risking their life so they can go buy a pack of smokes at NOCO, arent doing a good enough job. You were nice, my retort is a bit more crass. EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFF YOU, BUDDY!!!

there was 3 feet before they pulled a plow out. They knew a 4 day storm was coming and waited until there was 3 feet to start plowing. It's common sense to start preparing before it starts.

Yea, my wife was wondering this morning about how are they going to remove 51 inches of snow by Sunday.

I honestly believe that even they didn't start until Friday night, they would still have it done by Saturday night. In the past they've been able to blanket (no pun intended) that stadium with labor to clear it.

They are estimating that the stadium contains 220,000 TONS of snow that needs to be removed. That's enough to fill the practice fieldhouse facility eight times over. And, of course, more is projected.

According to the Bills, it usually takes three days to clear a 1-foot snowfall. This is a lot more than 1 foot. It's going to take crews working day and night the rest of this week to even make a dent in it. So complain all you want, but this is basically unprecedented.

The Bills are saying that there is 4 times or more than any amount of snow they’ve seen in the stadium for an upcoming game. Ever.

Bills race clock to clear snow-filled stadium

Edited by Rubes

Yeah. Some guy on the Internet rehashing what he heard some guy say on Candian radio.

Meanwhile, there has been ZERO mention of this from loc or national news sources actually covering the story as it develops.

Turn off the radio, flip on Twitter. This link will help:

https://twitter.com/BillsandBeers/lists/bills-media

Helps less than u think as the link doesn't work.

I smell what ur passin' though.

See, ur not the only one who can troll people's posts.

Like comment share.

Ha!!

Go bills.

if they were to competently use the equipment I would have no problem with a tax increase. It's the fact that they knew the storm was coming (maybe not 7 feet) and sat and did nothing until it was entirely too late. Like I said in another post we didn't have a plow go down our street until there was 3 feet. Of course they can't handle it they let it get out of control

there was 3 feet before they pulled a plow out. They knew a 4 day storm was coming and waited until there was 3 feet to start plowing. It's common sense to start preparing before it starts.

Unless you live on a main road, its not at all surprising that 3 feet fell before the plows showed up. I'm sure they were working on the main roads so that emergency crews could have a chance to move around before making sure you could get to the store to buy beer

When did snow become such a big problem for buffalo? Whoever is in charge of the plowing and salting of the streets here needs to be fired. Everybody knew this was coming and the mayor was on tv bragging how ready they were last week and now everyone looks stupid.

So everyone knew AN ENTIRE SEASON'S WORTH OF SNOW WOULD FALL IN ONE DAY! There is simply no "preparing" for this kind of event. You can only hope to mitigate it as much as possible.

GO BILLS!!!