Looking Like 7 & 9

truth on hold

We have seen this movie too many times....

I predict that the Bills lose badly to the Jets, and then lose to the Browns It is not that I think those teams are better than the Bills, just acknowledge the inevitable let down, when the Bills players let it sink in, again, their once hopeful season has slipped away.

They will get their act together, somewhat, for the last 4 games. They will hang tight with the Broncos for the first haf, before losing by a healthy margin. They will play the Packers well, but, ultimately, lose a hard fought game. They will beat the Raiders, and then lose their season closer, to the Pats, and the annual "run for the bus" game in Foxboro will serve as a reminder that this team stil has a lot of work to do.

6-10 baby! It has a nice, old familiar ring to it, no?

Edited by Buftex

I hate to say it, but I won't be surprised if they lose to the Jets. And the Browns. The Bills will go through that whole mourning period and play miserably for a few weeks, now that the reality that they are pretty much out of the playoff hunt sets in. They will get their act together and play pretty well in December...they will beat the Raiders, hang with the Broncos for the first half, before losing badly..they will play the Packers close at home, but ultimately lose..and hen end the season getting their doors blow off by the Patriots...6-10 baby!!!!

We'll beat the Raiders. Lose to the Jets, Vick will run for 100 on our D half-assing it. 6-10.

We have seen this movie too many times....

I predict that the Bills lose badly to the Jets, and then lose to the Browns It is not that I think those teams are better than the Bills, just acknowledge the inevitable let down, when the Bills players let it sink in, again, their once hopeful season has slipped away.

They will get their act together, somewhat, for the last 4 games. They will hang tight with the Broncos for the first haf, before losing by a healthy margin. They will play the Packers well, but, ultimately, lose a hard fought game. They will beat the Raiders, and then lose their season closer, to the Pats, and the annual "run for the bus" game in Foxboro will serve as a reminder that this team stil has a lot of work to do.

6-10 baby! It has a nice, old familiar ring to it, no?

Accurate.

There is no future with this coaching staff and QBs we have right now. By the time the Bills have a decent QB in place, other than making a blockbuster deal for a winning veteran, this team is still the joke of the NFL for another few years. And by then, this vaunted defense we have will be washed up. Thanks for keeping this team stuck in the mud Brandon, Whaley and the brilliant Marrone. Pegula better clean house. And even if he does....like I said, the window for this defense is closing. Once the offense finally gets straightened out, the defense will be a sieve. The dysfunctional Bills live on.

At the end of the day, the individual efforts of the entire offense are mediocre with the exception of Fred Jackson and Sammy Watkins. McKelvin is really the only dummy on special teams and the defense, but you have on offense a number of habitual dummies that just can't make 2 good plays in a row. I'll let others complain about the coaches. I just see an improved group of players on offense that is consistantly undermined by a handful of the usual suspects. The TEs are more of a liability than any other group, while the o-line for their size seem to be confused and stiff legged half the time. Kyle Orton is a journeyman backup that can win some games, but for any extended length of time, he simply has limitations. He requires a reciever group to be nearly flawless and fearless if he is to have consistent success. It just isn't like that in the NFL. The Bills number one problem is still QB. In fact, as good as this defense is, they would be even better with high level QB play for 4 quarters. That says it all for me. The perennial playoff teams don't always have a top franchise QB, but that at least have a guy that for some stretch of the season at least played like one. Can Orton play like a franchise QB? The unfortunate answer for me is that he can only do it based on quarters of games, not groups of complete games. Part of why I am a Bills fan is that I do believe in miracles, as we all are currently living one, and if somehow they pull off some magic, I don't want to miss it, nor do I want to whine every day until I see it. :beer:

Now that we stand where we are, I fear this team may run for the bus. We may lose outright for the rest of the season.

I would like to think we have turned a corner and will continue to battle to the end, but I'm not feeling it.

Any predictions?

There is no future with this coaching staff and QBs we have right now. By the time the Bills have a decent QB in place, other than making a blockbuster deal for a winning veteran, this team is still the joke of the NFL for another few years. And by then, this vaunted defense we have will be washed up. Thanks for keeping this team stuck in the mud Brandon, Whaley and the brilliant Marrone. Pegula better clean house. And even if he does....like I said, the window for this defense is closing. Once the offense finally gets straightened out, the defense will be a sieve. The dysfunctional Bills live on.

I honestly don't think its the staff, its the QB. And thats really Nix' legacy. I don't know any coach tears up the league with Manuel and Orton. Their strengths and weakness perfectly offset ... Ej is mobile and has a strong arm downfield, but he can't read defenses, he's innacurate short and mid range, and he's too meek in the huddle. Orton makes good reads, ais accurate mid range, and he's a good leader, but hes a statue (least mobile QB in the league IMO), and his arm loses strength past about 30 yards. If you could combine them somehow wed have a complete, competetent QB we could win with.

Edited by JTSP

I hope they get to 8-8.

They need to sign Hughes now. Extend him. Bills are going to have to trade a good player to try and get a draft pick, I believe.

I would trade Kyle Williams if someone gave a 3rd for him. Take a QB with that pick.

I predict a loss to the Raiders for their only win of the season.

I hope they get to 8-8.

They need to sign Hughes now. Extend him. Bills are going to have to trade a good player to try and get a draft pick, I believe.

I would trade Kyle Williams if someone gave a 3rd for him. Take a QB with that pick.

Nobody is giving you a 3rd round pick for an aging DT. I love Kyle Williams but that's just not happening.

I think we could easily slip in a death spiral and lose out. More likely we win 1 of our remaining games than 2 to me. We still don't have a offense than is even capable. When will we get more offense?

Edited by MoreOffense

Ah yes, the lofty "Jauron Line" shoot for the stars boys.

I'd keep this staff for another year if they get 7. The talent isn't there especially at QB, which is Nix's legacy. However without a 1st round pick and a limited QB market I don't see how they can upgrade talent enough to make a difference for 2015. Who are the QBs we might snag? Foles? Is he any better than what we have? Palmer? Old and multiple injrluries to same knee? IMO we have to ficus these last 6 games on making it work with EJ. At least find out what we have.

Edited by JTSP

Maybe a win against Oakland. All other games seem like long shots. Even the Jets may be tough now that Vick has had a chance to read the playbook.

At the moment the Jets look better. NFL is crazy like that. Don't confuse crazy w/ false though. We're real bad all of the sudden.

I think there's a fair chance we beat Denver... Not a GOOD chance, but a FAIR one. We're one of the few teams that can actually get to Peyton.... Force a fumble or two. For a first-ballot HOF'er he can't handle pressure well at all....The instant stuff starts going wrong, Manning folds like a picnic table.

A win there won't surprise me......That much.

Edited by #34fan

win: Jets and Raiders

lose: browns, broncos, packers, and patriots

Will that be enough to keep the staff intact?

You are far to optimistic, and hopefully not.

I see a loss to both the Browns & Jets, and perhaps a win over the Raiders. But by then Derek Carr might finally might finally start put it all together.

I gotta wonder how long it will be before Marrone completely loses the players, and Whaley or the Pegula's step in.