Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond the tiebreakers, it's faint hope with GB, DEN, and NE on the schedule. :angry:

That's what has me the most disheartened. I penciled in all three of those games as losses when the schedule came out, and based on the Bills play thus far, I don't feel any differently. Actually, I can see all three of those games being blowouts now, let alone a Bills victory. I'm expecting the worst, and hoping for the best. I'd love to know how many Bills fans on here actually think that we will win any of those games. The Green Bay game is at home, so there's always the hope that some home cooking, and a poorly played game by the Pack allows us to win that one. Going to Denver could be an absolute nightmare, I could see that game being a horrible blowout. The only hope I have with the New England game is that they have already secured homefield advantage and have absolutely nothing to play for.

As Chris Berman says...."that's why they play the game". We can hope!

Indeed. Heck even 5-1 and they could still be on the outside looking in because of being on the wrong end of all the tiebreakers. But it's still possible!

2-5 in conference play. Woof.

The KC game is real killer for me. So many chances late, KC was just throwing the game away. 6-4 with a 3-4 conference record still only bumps the team up one spot but still...

Edited by NyQuil

2-5 in conference play. Woof.

The KC game is real killer for me. So many chances late, KC was just throwing the game away. 6-4 with a 3-4 conference record still only bumps the team up one spot but still...

that was definitely the hardest loss of the bunch to swallow. To give a game away to them two years in a row doesn't sit well in my stomach. If in fact we don't make the playoffs, I think most of us will look back at that game as the one that for all intents and purposes knocked us out of contention.

Something has to, and eventually will change....we just have to keep being patient. And again, we're still not out of it just yet....

I know there are a lot of teams ahead of us still, and I know our tiebreaker situation looks bleak right now, but win tomorrow and we're one game out of a wild card spot with five games still to play. Keep hope alive!

SD and CLE losses today would have been great. Oh well, at least they have the opportunity to hang an L on the Browns next Sunday.

His clock management really sucked yesterday. Particularly at the end of the first half. Marrone worthy in fact.

Yeah, the mark of a rookie coach. But it was horrid. That stuff can lose you games.

If we can get the offense to rack up some point we can beat anyone. "If" is the middle of Life. I really hope Marrone has a replacement for Hackett lined up.

I really hope the Pegulas have replacements lined up for the entire management team (i.e. Brandon, Whaley, Marrone, etc.)

It is time to wash away the decades of failure and remove all traces of the disease.

It's a miracle Cleveland is winning football games the way they are -- and yes, Mike Pettine's game management yesterday was atrocious. He was only outdone by Mike Smith.

It is an interesting exercise to watch NFL games when the Bills aren't playing; many of my criticisms of Marrone seem to pale in comparison to some of the stuff I see. I think we all get too close to the situation to see the big picture.

If the Bills can win tonight, they are VERY MUCH alive.

Most of the teams we are chasing play each other. New England* will hand the Chargers and Dolphins their 5th and 6th losses, respectively. If one or both of those teams beat New England* then that hurts the evil empire, which is good also.

There are 6 teams in contention for that final spot, IMO. With a win tonight the Bills will be 1 of the 6.

Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins, Browns, Bills.

Let's go with the quick ones first. We get to pay the Browns. Beat them and you leapfrog them.

The Chargers really have 5 losses now, as they will play New England*. They also have the Broncos, 49ers, Chiefs, and Ravens. There is a good chance they get to 7 losses.

That leaves the Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, and Chiefs.

The Dolphins play in New England*. that's their 6th loss. They also play the Ravens, which gives one of those teams another loss. I think they are out.

That leaves Bills, Ravens, and Chiefs.

This all assumes the Bills rip off a few wins. But if they do they WILL be in it.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Hooray for uncalled for assumptions.

I'm calling a classic Bills November choke loss TONIGHT.

Season over.

If that happens I am going to be very upset

For some reason this year hurts more... maybe it's the feeling that it's okay to get emotionally attached to the games again since the team will be here long term

It's a miracle Cleveland is winning football games the way they are -- and yes, Mike Pettine's game management yesterday was atrocious. He was only outdone by Mike Smith.

It is an interesting exercise to watch NFL games when the Bills aren't playing; many of my criticisms of Marrone seem to pale in comparison to some of the stuff I see. I think we all get too close to the situation to see the big picture.

This is exactly what I am saying in the Marron sympathy thread. Too many people don't get to see the other teams/coaches and the mistakes they make.