Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

The problem with Denver is that you're never going to "shut them down" no matter how good your defense is. They're beatable if your defense can do a good job at slowing them down AND you have an offense that can keep pace with theirs. I think that's a pretty tall order for the Bills. We've only really scored a lot of points on bad teams and have struggled to run up the score on good teams even when we're dominating the game.

Denver's defense is pretty damn good. We're not going to win that game kicking field goals all day.

St. Louis did and the Bills D is much like theirs. Also that game was in a dome. Personally I like the outdoors better be Manning

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoff machine is fun, but at this point it's just messing around and having fun. I have us getting to 10-6 and missing out because the AFCN does beat itself up. I think we Cincy to beat whoever they can. They play Pittsburgh twice and can effectively knock them out with two wins. As long as we beat Cleveland, Cincinnanti can lose to them and it won't make much of a difference to us.

The Phins still have three division games left and a current 2-1 record. They need to lose at least two of those games to ensure that we, at worst, tie with them in division record. That being said, I see them going 9-7, with loses to NE and Baltimore. 9-7 isn't getting you in without serious help. So if they go 9-7, we go 10-6 and it doesn't matter what their division record is anyway.

Yep we need to cut our losses with the AFCN, and hope one of those teams proclaims themselves division leader. If they beat themselves up, it makes it that much harder for us.

I had Houston winning so many crap games that they all of a sudden stole our playoff spot at one point haha. They've got Jacksonville twice, the titans, colts, and ravens. We want them to beat the ravens.

I've done the ESPN predictor today...... I have the Bills, Miami, Kansas City and Cleveland all getting to 9-7 and missing out. I have the two wild cards going to the Steelers and Bengals (Ravens winning the North).

In that scenario we would go to New England on the final Sunday with a chance.... and if I turn that predicted defeat into a predicted win.... well, who knows. I agree with what BillsVet is saying to some extent - this team has come up small three times when it has really had a chance to take a stranglehold on the season - but I don't know.... maybe I'm a wild optimist but sometimes strange things spark a team and the week the Bills have just lived through and then to come out and play as they played last night..... something like that might be what it takes you know. I've seen teams that didn't look play-off calibre get hot this time of year before.... Washington a couple of years back springs to mind and most remarkably a Giants team that was ready to dump Eli as a failure rode it's defense and then the QB got hot all of sudden in 2007 and we know how that ended. I'm not saying we will get to the Superbowl... I'm not even saying we will end with a winning record. I'm just saying the manner of last night after the week that had gone before might be a catalyst. We still have hope fellas.

Miami plays the Jets twice, Baltimore and Minnesota at home, then at Pats. They have a very good change at winning 10 games now. Bills blew that on.

Miami plays the Jets twice, Baltimore and Minnesota at home, then at Pats. They have a very good change at winning 10 games now. Bills blew that on.

Two wins against the Jets and a win against Minnesota gets them to 9. I see Baltimore really going on a run down the stretch. I think they have grown as a team as the season goes on. I have Baltimore winning the North.

who to root for???

Denver at Kansas City - no brainer here GO Peyton

San Diego at Baltimore - either way this won't help

Cincinnati at Tampa Bay - not looking good

New Orleans at Pittsburgh - this would help if N'Awlins can get off the losing streak

Cleveland at Buffalo 5800 seats left ... will the NFL help out and void the blackout with the blizzard?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

who to root for???

Denver at Kansas City - no brainer here GO Peyton

San Diego at Baltimore - either way this won't help

Cincinnati at Tampa Bay - not looking good

New Orleans at Pittsburgh - this would help if N'Awlins can get off the losing streak

Cleveland at Buffalo 5800 seats left ... will the NFL help out and void the blackout with the blizzard?

Root for Cincinnati to win. They already lead AFCN and I say just give it to them. They still play Pittsburgh twice and a couple wins could knock them out in the process. Baltimore has an easy schedule, san Diego's is hard. Part of me says San Diego win because of that, but I also think if Baltimore is going to win a bunch anyway, they might as well win out and drive san Diego down now. They can't tie with us.

Root for Cincinnati to win. They already lead AFCN and I say just give it to them. They still play Pittsburgh twice and a couple wins could knock them out in the process. Baltimore has an easy schedule, san Diego's is hard. Part of me says San Diego win because of that, but I also think if Baltimore is going to win a bunch anyway, they might as well win out and drive san Diego down now. They can't tie with us.

Tampa winning doesn't hurt us though. If the AFCN doesn't pan out with Cincinatti taking the title, then they could be the team competing with us for the wildcard. In that case, a tampa win would surely help us.

Edit: That said, I don't think Tampa has a shot haha.

Edit2: I just realized why the AFC North has such good records. I knew they played the crappy AFC South this year, but it never clicked that they also play the worst in league NFC South.

Those 2 divisions have a combined 28 wins. 8 teams with a combined 28 wins 59 losses......

On top of that:

the Browns played the Raiders (1-10)

Edited by What a Tuel

Road ahead daunting in AFC race

There are still nearly a dozen teams still jockeying for position in the AFC playoff picture with five games to play. Here’s where the Bills stand in terms of the quality of opponents they still need to face.

Buffalo has a remaining opponent’s winning percentage of .600 (33-22). That’s the second-highest winning percentage of opponents yet to face among the teams still in the AFC playoff hunt. Here’s a look at where the playoff hopefuls rank in terms of remaining opponent winning percentage.

Team Remaining win pct.

San Diego .691 (38-17)

Buffalo .600 (33-22)

Kansas City .582 (32-23)

Cincinnati .564 (31-24)

Cleveland .564 (30-23-2)

New England .527 (29-26)

Denver .518 (28-26)

Baltimore .473 (26-29)

Pittsburgh .473 (26-29)

Indianapolis .455 (25-30)

Miami .436 (24-31)