Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

I'm resigned to the fact the Bills are close to certain of not going to the playoffs again this year. Sure, we can look at all the scenarios and hold out hope but you're just setting yourself you for more disappointment.

They had their chance with the 2 games in 5 days against the Chiefs and the Dolphins and failed the test. Plain and simple they didn't answer the bell.

Ding!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm resigned to the fact the Bills are close to certain of not going to the playoffs again this year. Sure, we can look at all the scenarios and hold out hope but you're just setting yourself up for more disappointment. The team is like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. Trust me, I won't move the ball when you try to kick it!

They had their chance with the 2 games in 5 days against the Chiefs and the Dolphins and failed the test. Plain and simple they didn't answer the bell.

Like my avatar? :D

I agree with you that anyone that thinks the Bills can run the table must be taking some good drugs. 7-9 is right where I figure they will finish. :sick:

So with virtually no chance at the playoffs this year we are reduced to hoping for some draftee to be available at our 2nd round pick. And with no first round pick we can't even root for a high draft pick. Missing the playoffs, with no high draft pick, Ouch. Another wasted year for the Bills.

I am admittedly a hopeless optimist with playoff scenarios, but here's how I see it:

• We're favored this week vs. the Jets and will likely be favored at home the following week vs Cleveland (especially if we beat the Jets). Win those two and all the sudden things start to look a lot better at 7-5, especially since at least some of the teams ahead of us will have lost games during that period.
  • Get to 7-5, beat Oakland, and split vs. Denver and GB (admittedly very difficult), then we enter the New England game at 9-6 and likely still alive for the playoffs. If that happened, it would be like a playoff game to me.

I am admittedly a hopeless optimist with playoff scenarios, but here's how I see it:

• We're favored this week vs. the Jets and will likely be favored at home the following week vs Cleveland (especially if we beat the Jets). Win those two and all the sudden things start to look a lot better at 7-5, especially since at least some of the teams ahead of us will have lost games during that period.
  • Get to 7-5, beat Oakland, and split vs. Denver and GB (admittedly very difficult), then we enter the New England game at 9-6 and likely still alive for the playoffs. If that happened, it would be like a playoff game to me.

You're actually counting on a Marrone/Hackett led offense to come through and win games for the Bills in a playoff push? noway.gif

NFL.com: If the season ended today

CBS Sports: 2014 NFL Playoff Picture

Sports Club Stats: National Football League Playoff Chances

You're actually counting on a Marrone/Hackett led offense to come through and win games for the Bills in a playoff push? noway.gif

NFL.com: If the season ended today

CBS Sports: 2014 NFL Playoff Picture

Sports Club Stats: National Football League Playoff Chances

My thought exactly.

Marrone showed you how capable he is the last two weeks.

That's why I feel hopeless about this team. On the Miami blitzes, we had no answer...nothing!! It was almost as if we surrendered the plays. Hackett/Marrone had no answers. Am I right or was it Orton's fault for not checking out of the play?? Either way...hopeless!!

That's why I feel hopeless about this team. On the Miami blitzes, we had no answer...nothing!! It was almost as if we surrendered the plays. Hackett/Marrone had no answers. Am I right or was it Orton's fault for not checking out of the play?? Either way...hopeless!!

Exactly. Miami put heat on Orton for almost the entire 2nd half. Virtually no adjustment in the scheme or plays to counteract it. I'm done with these two.

0ap3000000429725.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think you're overlooking the Browns and the fact that their defense is capable of doing to us what both Kansas City and Miami did. Granted, they did lose at home this week, but we're not exactly unbeatable at home this year either. Realistically, I see us at 6-6 heading into December.

You counting on the Bills winning 5 of the last 6? I'm not.

There's optimism and then realism.

So you guys think the worse red zone offense in the league can go 5-1 do ya?

This offense blows and if they make the playoffs this year I'll get a butterfly tattoo on my buttcheek.

At 6-5 it will start to get fun again

I agree. As bleak as the picture looks, as much help as the Bills are going to need in addition to winning out, I still refuse to believe that we are officially done.

With that said, let's go ahead and get this W tomorrow night so we can begin to have fun again...

I agree. As bleak as the picture looks, as much help as the Bills are going to need in addition to winning out, I still refuse to believe that we are officially done.

With that said, let's go ahead and get this W tomorrow night so we can begin to have fun again...

5-1 or they're done!