Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

If we win the Houston game, EJ starts at Detroit, we lose that one, and maybe Kyle Orton is still on the bench...

So, that Houston game, although it counts as a loss, turned many losses into wins.

That could be the turning point of the whole season! Go Bills!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you just need to make a post template that says "I love EJ" . Will save you the typing effort.

another _ _ _ _ _ heard from.

Where have I mentioned EJ in the past 5 days? I have not.

The next time I say EJ should be starting feel free to chime in.

do you also post the same to the others who still think EJ has potential?

I doubt it.

Bills are going to have to win at least 2 of those December games to have a chance at playoffs

The Bills will be favorites to win against Jets,Browns and Raiders.

They will be underdogs against Denver,Green Bay and New England.

The games against Miami and Kansas City are toss ups.

Just for argument, if the Bills win as favorites and lose as dogs, they will be 8-6. If they win the toss ups, they likely will make the playoffs. Otherwise, it will be troublesome. Right now my guess is 9-7 and a playoff miss.

BTW, the Bills really miss Kiko Alonso. The more I see of Nigel Bradham, the less I like. He was brutal against the Jets.

The Bills will be favorites to win against Jets,Browns and Raiders.

They will be underdogs against Denver,Green Bay and New England.

The games against Miami and Kansas City are toss ups.

Just for argument, if the Bills win as favorites and lose as dogs, they will be 8-6. If they win the toss ups, they likely will make the playoffs. Otherwise, it will be troublesome. Right now my guess is 9-7 and a playoff miss.

BTW, the Bills really miss Kiko Alonso. The more I see of Nigel Bradham, the less I like. He was brutal against the Jets.

Those two games are within 4 days of each other if they win them both it will change the line of the underdogs against. Most likely for probably Green Bay and maybe New England(to toss ups) depending on the if they also beat the favorites you have listed.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Wow, the Pats have a brutal schedule for the rest of the season.

R

I don't think the Bills will make it as a wild card, they gotta win the division.

EXACTLY!! I was going to post this after I read everything. That's exactly how I see it. Just don't think the wildcard is going to shake out for us. Of course I could be wrong. It's early but I just gotta bad feeling about it.

I think we beat Green Bay at home now and probably Oakland. KC is not the same away from home but the Dolphins might be tougher the second time around at there place (especially still being in position to take over the 2 spot in the division). Still think 10-6 is the ceiling and 8-8 the basement. This week will be spent hoping for losses and other unfortunate happenings around the league...

Buffalo Bills playoff scenarios: NFL Week 9 rooting interests

463830589.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The Buffalo Bills are on the bye this week. Here's who you should root for to help their playoff chances.

Halfway through the 2014 season, the Buffalo Bills are 5-3, and in sixth place in the AFC. Yes - that means they're currently slotted in the coveted wild card playoff spot. While the Bills are resting up for their second-half playoff push, here's who you should root for this weekend to help their chances. (Games are ranked in terms of importance.)

#1 needs no mention!! Obviously

I get the AFC teams losing but the Colts lead their Div followed by Houston, so that seems a moot game (as noted)

Philly over Houston +1

Just End The Season over KC +1

Miami over SD is good but also dangerous. for obvious reasons

Jags U R's over Ben Gals. though nice, not gunna happen.

AFC logjam

Rob Gronkowski's Patriots made a statement in Week 9, but so did Ryan Tannehill's surprising Dolphins, who joined seven other AFC teams with five wins. Here's what you need to know from Sunday's games.

If the season ended today ...

With the Dallas Cowboys now riding a two-game losing streak, the Philadelphia Eagles have assumed first place in the NFC East. See where every team stands in the playoff race.

B1d6xhOCEAE1fTk.jpg

I think the results this week removed our margin from error in these upcoming games. I struggle to now to see a scenario that has the Bills making the play-offs without beating Miami and Kansas City. When Coach Marrone addresses the team this morning he needs to do so with "7-3" clearly and visably displayed. This week of practice and then next week's Sunday / Thursday double header has to be about getting to that record. Nothing else is good enough.

I think the results this week removed our margin from error in these upcoming games. I struggle to now to see a scenario that has the Bills making the play-offs without beating Miami and Kansas City. When Coach Marrone addresses the team this morning he needs to do so with "7-3" clearly and visably displayed. This week of practice and then next week's Sunday / Thursday double header has to be about getting to that record. Nothing else is good enough.

Obviously, these next ten days are critically important to the Bills' playoff hopes. Buckle up and Knuckle up!

Because the division tiebreaker is first. Baltimore wins over Pittsburgh. We win over Baltimore.

Need to go 10-6 to get in, IMO.

at least. No way to win the East. Pats just too good. 11-5 to make playoffs. Have a bad feeling about this.

must go 4-0 or at least 3-1 over next 4 games to make it. Hard to imagine it, but thats why they play the games i guess... go bills

The Bills are sitting in the 8th seed in the AFC at the moment. In the next 4 weeks they play the 6th, 7th and 9th seeds (and the Jets). 3 of those 4 games are at RWS. They need to take at least 3 of 4 to have a shot at the playoffs. It's the biggest a month of football for the Bills in 15-20 years. It's go time!!

Just looked at the Steelers remaining schedule. I don't see how they don't get in the playoffs. It looks crazy easy. Their "tough" games like NO and KC are at home.

Yep, that divison had a huge leg up this year going against the South Division in both conferences. Everybody keeps pointing to the division being over 500, but thats a big reason why right there.

I think it quite possible both WC come out of that division for that very reason.

I think the Bills have to get to 11 to make playoffs. If they win 10 and miss, while i wont be happy, wont be pissed either.

Edited by plenzmd1