Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next four games are all winnable. Entirely plausible to sitting at 9-3 heading into December.

And then...in true Buffalo fashion, we lose to Denver and Green Bay...We lay an egg in Oakland...and then all we need to do is beat the Patriots 3rd string...and we finish 9-7. The script is written...

Yup. That Houston game is going to come back to haunt us.

Yep.

Thank you EJ!

The next four games are all winnable. Entirely plausible to sitting at 9-3 heading into December.

The Chiefs and Dolphins games are going to be BRUTAL. If we go 2-0 in those games I would practically guarantee playoffs at that point. Realistically we should be happy with a 1-1 spilt in the next two games.

Bills are going to have to win at least 2 of those December games to have a chance at playoffs

I think we can hang with Green Bay.

Bills are going to have to win at least 2 of those December games to have a chance at playoffs

Dec is a heck of a month though. I can't see us winning in Denver and now matter what NE is playing for in the final week, I can't imagine that'll go well. That leaves beating GB in our only home game of the month. Ok, possible. What scares me is flying to Oakland and playing on the West Coast. Even more scarier, Oakland may not have a win going into that game. Bills better take care of business in Nov.

Strength of Victory

Okay so because Baltimore and Pittsburgh are in the same division, Baltimore "cancels out" Pittsburgh because they beat them in the division standings and then we beat out Baltimore because of the Strenght of victory tiebreaker-gotcha now. Not that it really matters only halfway through the season but still its good to know. I feel like its gonna take 10-11 wins to get a wildcard not gonna be easy :/

Yup. That Houston game is going to come back to haunt us.

If we win the Houston game, EJ starts at Detroit, we lose that one, and maybe Kyle Orton is still on the bench...

So, that Houston game, although it counts as a loss, turned many losses into wins.