The "experts" take - Bills at NYets

CodeMonkey

CBS with spread (NYets - 3.5): 4 each take the Bills and the NYets.

CBS straight up: Also 4 each take the Bills and the NYets. The computer takes the Bills.

ESPN straight up: 4 and the computer take the Bills, 6 take the NYets and 3 of the lazy !@#$s don't even have their picks in yet (Thursday Morning).

Nate Silvers Elo rating system has the Bills as the slight favorite by 51% to 49% and by 0.5 points.

Also attached is the Elo simulation of playoff odds for this season. It shows the Bills chances of making the playoffs at 20%.

post-11748-0-19644100-1413997684_thumb.jpg

post-11748-0-94687100-1413997698_thumb.jpg

Edited by CodeMonkey

if i was a betting man, i'd pick the Bills to cover the spread. but that doesn't mean a victory. it's going to be low scoring and close. depends on who makes the most mistakes or big plays. if Jets win it will be by 3 points or less but if we play the way we are capable of playing then this should be a W

I think the game will be decided in the defensive secondary. I like the Bills receivers better and I like the Bills secondary better. I'd almost encourage the Bills to pass a lot. It'll wear down their DL and possibly open up the run game.

Agreed. The Bills secondary hasn't been great either but from the little I've seen of the Jets they are just as bad. Plus, with Fred and CJ out and the Jets D-line, I think passing is the best option - if we can protect.

I'm not going to say who I think is going to win because I don't want to jinx them ;)

Agreed. The Bills secondary hasn't been great either but from the little I've seen of the Jets they are just as bad. Plus, with Fred and CJ out and the Jets D-line, I think passing is the best option - if we can protect.

I'm not going to say who I think is going to win because I don't want to jinx them ;)

We've had some success with a crappy line and EJ as QB against them, via quick passes. Hopefully we implement some quick routes and slants, and Orton can get rid of the ball in time.

Spikes needs to make it his biz to hit Ivory hard and often and behind the LOS!

We are terribly mistake prone and we need that to right itself.

Their interior D-Line is NOT the issue with that team, and they scare me with our OG issue. I do not want to see Orton go down. Rexy always puts in a good effort against us in the Giants building.

We must execute the offense without the turnovers and penalties! We will be a very good football team when we can do so.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I think it all comes down to protecting the football. We have been terrible at that the past two weeks. If we gift wrap opportunities like we have the past two weeks, we could be in big trouble. Protect the football and we win easily. IMO it's as simple as that. We are the better team, talent wise, but that can be negated by turnovers as we saw last week.

Edited by xsoldier54

I think it all comes down to if the Bills are going to allow themselves to be pushed around and intimidated. The Jets always seem to out-physical us, which seems to be part of their game plan, and more times than not we've folded up like a soft chair

Normally I have been with Schwartz and his four rush strategy. This game I really think we need to blitz more because Geno is easily rattled. He can be good with all day to throw. We blitzed a lot early against the Vikes and it was working. When they lost two interior linemen I think Schwartz just figured our fearsome foursome would dominate. It gave Teddy some chances although not many. We need to pressure Geno. He will cough it up.

Let's see....the Jets have had 10 days off after losing a close game on the road to a division rival. They have pretty much nothing to lose and are at home. I really don't hold high expectations here.

They have nothing to win either; their season is already over.

Normally I have been with Schwartz and his four rush strategy. This game I really think we need to blitz more because Geno is easily rattled. He can be good with all day to throw. We blitzed a lot early against the Vikes and it was working. When they lost two interior linemen I think Schwartz just figured our fearsome foursome would dominate. It gave Teddy some chances although not many. We need to pressure Geno. He will cough it up.

Brdigewater was 7 for 9 against the blitz. Not really sure it was working but I'd like to see some yardage stats for those plays.

Unlike some on here I don't see Rex Ryan as some kind of coaching wizard. His teams lacks talent everywhere except the Defensive front. If he can overcome the Bills advantages at the skill positions, QB, secondary and the Bills D-front being at least as good as his-more power to him. Bills Win this one because they are better, Orton plays clean, D forces turnovers, Sammy and Woods come up big early in the game. Jets can't play come from behind and turn the ball over. We will throw early and often and win 24-10.

Minus a show-stoping introduction of Bryce Brown to the NFL, pundits, zealous League fans and everyone who's been following the season expects -and is picking the Jets this week. We had a preseason thread about it once the schedule was released -how grueling their early schedule was. Consensus was -if they're no worse than 2-5 at this point, they'll rebound well.

My heart is with my team, but -for the 1st time this season- my $$ is on NY.

I'll gladly accept a wrong pick as a victory WILL tell me the Bills are going to take this anti-'snatch defeat from victory' shock seriously, and RUN WITH IT! I'll believe it when I'm shown.

Minus a show-stoping introduction of Bryce Brown to the NFL, pundits, zealous League fans and everyone who's been following the season expects -and is picking the Jets this week. We had a preseason thread about it once the schedule was released -how grueling their early schedule was. Consensus was -if they're no worse than 2-5 at this point, they'll rebound well.

My heart is with my team, but -for the 1st time this season- my $$ is on NY.

I'll gladly accept a wrong pick as a victory WILL tell me the Bills are going to take this anti-'snatch defeat from victory' shock seriously, and RUN WITH IT! I'll believe it when I'm shown.

so if they are worse than 2-5, they won't rebound well? Or are they awarded one of their losses as a win because they played a good team? Moral victories seem to be in full force in jersey.

I have a bad feeling about this game, and It only got worse after watching that last Jets game against the Pats. The team I saw didn't look like a 1-win team. They are much more physical than us, better coached, and their greatest strength (D-Line) matches up against our biggest weakness (O-Line). And let's be honest, it doesn't take a mastermind to confuse our O-Line. A simple A-gap stunt taken from a high school playbook sends our line into a Chinese fire drill.

We're going to need a Geno meltdown to win this one I think, or it could get ugly. Real ugly. I hope I'm wrong because I don't think I can handle listening to the Chicken Littles for 2 straight weeks. 4-4 wouldn't be the end of the world.

Edited by QCity

I was listening to ESPN talk radio driving home from work yesterday and if you went only by that conversation, you would think the Bills have no chance Sunday.

"a 1-6 team currently disguised as a 4-3 team",

"the Bills have played very badly the last few weeks and got very lucky to win"

and on and on for like 30 minutes. Sounded like to them, the Bills should just forfeit.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I was listening to ESPN talk radio driving home from work yesterday and if you went only by that conversation, you would think the Bills have no chance Sunday.

"a 1-6 team currently disguised as a 4-3 team",

"the Bills have played very badly the last few weeks and got very lucky to win"

and on and on for like 30 minutes. Sounded like to them, the Bills should just forfeit.

Yeah, seriously no respect. Although to be fair, the Bills did not play great last week.

Hey, this is an interesting fact: The last time the Bills sacked a Jets QB in NJ was Mark Brunell in January 2011. Read it in Elliott Harrison's picks for the week (Picked us to lose 20-19)

Edited by Big C

Hey, this is an interesting fact: The last time the Bills sacked a Jets QB in NJ was Mark Brunell in January 2011. Read it in Elliott Harrison's picks for the week (Picked us to lose 20-19)

It could easily be another 1 point stink-fest like last week. Just need to hope the Bills end up with that extra point again.

I think Orton is going to take a severe beating, and still burn the Jets secondary repeatedly, and he probably knows that and is willing to take it. And while he may throw a pick or two, and be sacked a lot, and his stats and QB rating will reflect it, we should take that trade off and win the game.

Unless we get no pressure and Geno has one of his games where he looks like a star, which is every eight or so.

i heard one good point on ESPN radio yesterday. Everyone on the Jests knows their season is over. But they will view this game as very winnable, and possibly saving Rex's job. So they will come out fired up at home. And if the Bills play like the past 2 weeks it could be a Jests blowout. I still don't see a blowout either way personally. A very low scoring affair unless defenses and/or special teams decide to put points on the board.

i heard one good point on ESPN radio yesterday. Everyone on the Jests knows their season is over. But they will view this game as very winnable, and possibly saving Rex's job. So they will come out fired up at home. And if the Bills play like the past 2 weeks it could be a Jests blowout. I still don't see a blowout either way personally. A very low scoring affair unless defenses and/or special teams decide to put points on the board.

how does beating the Bills at home possibly save anyone's job though? I get the sentiment but... I think that ship sailed with the NE game. If they could have won that, I could see it having an impact on his fate. If this win saves his job then we are better than I thought!

how does beating the Bills at home possibly save anyone's job though? I get the sentiment but... I think that ship sailed with the NE game. If they could have won that, I could see it having an impact on his fate. If this win saves his job then we are better than I thought!

From the sounds of it, the thought was not so much beating the Bills saving his job, but losing to the Bills at home sealing his firing ;)

The overall tone was clearly that the Bills are pretenders the entire segment.

Edited by CodeMonkey

From the sounds of it, the thought was not so much beating the Bills saving his job, but losing to the Bills at home sealing his firing ;)

The overall tone was clearly that the Bills are pretenders the entire segment.

ah now that makes sense! Lol. Edited by YoloinOhio

They also view the Bills as their scrawny little brother and know they can intimidate us. New England looks at us the same way, and nothing has changed yet. Hoping to hell this is the weekend that changes but I fear we're just not to that point as a team yet. If we want the playoffs we need to stand up to the jets this weekend. Go Bills!

NFL Week 8 game picks : Seahawks, Bengals bounce back

Russell Wilson's Seattle Seahawks will try to snap a two-game skid against Cam Newton's Carolina Panthers -- who are stuck in a winless streak of their own. Elliot Harrison unveils his Week 8 picks .

NYJ.png 20 BUF.png 19

Can Kyle Orton win another game without his NASCAR crew chief-style mustache? Will Geno
on a two-point conversion again? Oh, and who will be running the rock for the Bills? As you might know by now, the Jets acquired Percy Harvin. Word is, after he got on the plane to New York, he began undermining the pilots when he discovered there weren't enough olives in his chicken salad. Gang Green's most important offensive player, meanwhile -- Chris Ivory -- leads the league with 6.2 yards per rush in the second half. Of course, New York will have to get ahead before it can let Ivory take over. Buffalo enters Week 8 with an NFL-high 24 sacks. But consider that the last Jets quarterback the Bills sacked in New York was ... Mark Brunell on Jan. 2, 2011. #BUFvsNYJ

Around The NFL's power picks: Week 8

The Packers face the Saints in one of Week 8's marquee matchups, pitting two elite QBs having vastly different seasons. Around The NFL picks that winner and the rest of this week's games