Golden Tate's proclamation

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed!! I was looking for the hyperbole police. I was waiting for the comparison of that gun slinger Orton to that gunslinger Brett Favre.

I know! Drives me crazy. These analysts are just lazy.

GO BILLS!!!

Rhonde Barber's comparison to Hines Ward was a bit hard to stomach on Sunday. Tate is nothing like Ward. Not even close.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. And he made the comparison several times. I really don't think they compare at all.

I'm glad they put the DC on their shoulders. That guy devised a great game plan, while missing some key pieces, and went back to the place where he got the heater. I am thinking that further cemented the bond he has with his boys. He deserved it, because the defense is one huge reason why we pulled the upset. Virtually everybody in the media picked Detroit to win that game. It was a tremendous victory.

Schwartz literally asked to be carried off the field, which kind of takes away from it IMO. Ecstatic we won and very glad to have Schwartz as our DC but it is kind of a douchey move. At least, that's what I'm hearing from everyone who isn't a Bills fan.

From what I heard it was said as a joke in camp and the players made up their mind to actually do it.

I don't mind admitting the Schwarz thing was a little over the top, but his defense took a team favored by 7 and held them to 7. You can argue there was no Megatron, but he played the entire first quarter and had no catches. You could argue they missed three field goals, but you could also argue he could have made those field goals if only they were closer.

Doesn't matter how you slice it, this was a big emotional win for a team like the Bills, and the way to stop someone like Schwarz getting carried around is to beat him.

Unfortunately, Tate couldn't do it. If he has a problem, I'm sure the locker room has some mirrors in it.

If Schwartz told his guys back in OTAs (May/June?) "when we beat the Lions you can carry me off the field" it's corny and a little douchey, but no big deal. If a couple of players remembered it at the end of the game Sunday and said "let's go grab Schwartz" I think it's just funny.

Tate is an ultimate douche, and has proven it time and time again both in college and the NFL. Screw him.

Rhonde Barber's comparison to Hines Ward was a bit hard to stomach on Sunday. Tate is nothing like Ward. Not even close.

GO BILLS!!!

Would Hines have run out of bounds 5 yards before he had to in order to avoid contact? Hines should be offended by the comparison.