Who is the 2nd best Quarterback in the AFC-East ?

HOUSE

204 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 2nd best quarterback in the AFC-East ?

• EJ Manuel
    • Ryan Tannehill
    • Geno Smith
    • Michael Vick
    • Kyle Orton
    • Matt Moore
    • Jimmy Garoppolo

wow. that is one sorry list.

right now, today, it COULD be orton, but I don't like saying that.

Yes, Orton won the office poll. I was a little surprised.

I want to see if we have the same winner here........but don't let it sway your vote.

Edited by HOUSE

People seem to be voting for EJ. If the purpose of the poll is who would win TODAY from that list, I'm not sure EJ is the man. If the purpose of the poll is who would win THREE YEARS FROM NOW, then I could see picking EJ as a likely candidate, but that would require a heavy dose of speculation.

Since the group consists of two guys with limited experience (EJ and Geno), two guys who have had enough experience to show that they aren't the answer (Tallywhacker and Moore) one guy with no experience, and two guys with reasonable resumes, it should be no surprise that the more experienced guys would get most of the votes.

People seem to be voting for EJ. If the purpose of the poll is who would win TODAY from that list, I'm not sure EJ is the man. If the purpose of the poll is who would win THREE YEARS FROM NOW, then I could see picking EJ as a likely candidate, but that would require a heavy dose of speculation.

Since the group consists of two guys with limited experience (EJ and Geno), two guys who have had enough experience to show that they aren't the answer (Tallywhacker and Moore) one guy with no experience, and two guys with reasonable resumes, it should be no surprise that the more experienced guys would get most of the votes.

I would have to agree with your assessment. we would probably have a different winner every week depending on wins and losses.

Its pretty hard to deny Tom Brady as the best but who is the 2nd best quarterback in the AFC -East ? Be careful, this caused a major battle at work today.

People were faxing me pictures of AFC east quarterbacks all afternoon...what a waste of money...lol

One quarterback won in a surprising landslide and I think you might be shocked.

I thought I would post it here to see if we get the same results...

This is not an easy poll........let the fighting begin.......

People still fax?

Ya'll are on crack if you think EJ is the second best , that is the same as giving Fitz a huge contract after winning 5 games .

I will hold my opinion until at least the mid way part of the season because if you can't tell by my opening statement i didn't believe that EJ should have been a first round pick in any way !!

But i will say i still have hope that those hired by the Bills to know talent & build a winning team know more than I the arm chair GM !!

The NFL is showing today Rockinon? Just kidding bud.

I voted for Orton based on watching him play well with much less talented teams. Now that he's had enough time, and if EJ plays terribly tomorrow, I say switch. I know the whole let EJ develop thing, but if we want to make the playoffs this year with a winnable schedule, then EJ has to win games like tomorrow. Houston beat crappy teams. The Giants beat them and they have looked terrible this year, they beat Oakland and KC?

If he plays solid with some nice read option plays, can get the ball downfield, with no turnovers, then keep playing EJ.

it's Vick. you will see in a few weeks. if Geno has a couple more 3 int games or gets hurt then Vick is going to come in and it's all over for Geno in NY. for you guys to say EJ you must not watch a lot of football. EJ doesn't make many mistakes but he's so scared of making a mistake that he doesn't take any shots down field either. Tannehill is better than EJ, Geno is probably on par with EJ

I voted for Geno. He isn't cery good but makes some plays. His ceiling to me is a poor man's Dalton. EJ's ceiling to me is a poor man's Alex Smith (w/o the accuracy). I don't think that either of them will reach their ceiling. Tanehill is a year ahead (or behind) them, Vick can't stay healthy and Orton just isn't all that good. It has to be EJ or Geno but that's like saying root canal or appendectomy.

I voted for Michael Vick because he's the best QB on that list.

was the best QB on this list

There is no reason anyone should vote for anyone but Manuel.

Today:

Brady

Manuel

Tannehill

Orton

Vick

Orton

Smith

Past:

Brady

Vick

Orton

Moore

The answer is Talleywhacker.

8-8 with a garbage team. Jets go 8-8 with 30 turnover Geno and a top 10 D. Bills go 6-10 with a top 10 D and top 5 rushing attack.

Didn't the Bills QB get hurt though, and miss almost 7 games? I think the Jets and Dolphins both had their starting QB for the whole season and lost half their games.

i picked Geno.

Thing that separates him from EJ , he not afraid to throw it downfield with some zip.

Yea he throws INT's but Geno just plays hard.

:ph34r: So did Brandon Wheedon... how does this make him a good QB? Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Didn't the Bills QB get hurt though, and miss almost 7 games? I think the Jets and Dolphins both had their starting QB for the whole season and lost half their games.

Yes he did, but I'm not sure getting hurt three times is a positive. EJ's career record also hovers around .500, he's 6-7 right now. And that's with the most talented team in the division.

Yes he did, but I'm not sure getting hurt three times is a positive. EJ's career record also hovers around .500, he's 6-7 right now. And that's with the most talented team in the division.

I didn't say it was a positive thing to get hurt, but I also think it is the reason they didn't win more than 6 last year. He isn't hurt now, is he? So I don't know if you can project him as worse than the others based on the fact he got hurt last year. I think he would actually be 6-6 unless you are counting the Cleveland game as he was only out there for about a half or less and was winning when he left.

Anyway, it seems like most people on this board don't like him based on the comments. Yet the poll suggests otherwise. Interesting.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I chose Vick...

But really, it's a lot of guys with so many pros and cons.

Vick was chosen because he's the only guy other than Orton with past success, and Vick has had slightly more of it. Potential? I think EJ and Geno could bloom into something special, but could also end up being nothing at all. Tannehill, probably is what he is at this point, but stranger things have happened.

Is there an "I don't know?"

Edited by Dorkington

The NFL is showing today Rockinon? Just kidding bud.

I voted for Orton based on watching him play well with much less talented teams. Now that he's had enough time, and if EJ plays terribly tomorrow, I say switch. I know the whole let EJ develop thing, but if we want to make the playoffs this year with a winnable schedule, then EJ has to win games like tomorrow. Houston beat crappy teams. The Giants beat them and they have looked terrible this year, they beat Oakland and KC?

If he plays solid with some nice read option plays, can get the ball downfield, with no turnovers, then keep playing EJ.

Whoops, it's only Saturday? Damn, I better find something to do to make the time pass. I want to see EJ get the ball to his play makers more consistently. I think he is on an upward trajectory, but last week was a tough one. As for Orton, I hope he never sees the field. Is he better as a veteran QB....probably. Is he better right now, on this team and in this system.....probably not.

I didn't say it was a positive thing to get hurt, but I also think it is the reason they didn't win more than 6 last year. He isn't hurt now, is he? So I don't know if you can project him as worse than the others based on the fact he got hurt last year. I think he would actually be 6-6 unless you are counting the Cleveland game as he was only out there for about a half or less and was winning when he left.

Anyway, it seems like most people on this board don't like him based on the comments. Yet the poll suggests otherwise. Interesting.

He went 4-6 as a starter. Even if you extrapolate the wins, it wouldn't be .500. The games we lost in EJ's absence were against the Saints, the Pats*, the Bengals, and the Chiefs. We beat the Dolphins twice in EJ's absence. Maybe we go .500 there, but also maybe not.

I like EJ as a person and I hope he will improve. For a game tomorrow, I would take Tanny, that's all.

The problem with the he got hurt excuse is that the injury was the result of poor decision making. It's like giving the QB credit because he was winning before he threw the game losing pick 6.

The problem with the he got hurt excuse is that the injury was the result of poor decision making. It's like giving the QB credit because he was winning before he threw the game losing pick 6.

I wasn't offering an excuse. I was actually sitting right in front of that play when it happened. Believe me, Browns fans were hoping he couldn't come back (sorry). I was responding to Geno 8-8, Tannehill 8-8, EJ 6-10 with better talent. I indicated "he" was not 6-10, as he didn't play in 6 1/2 of the games. My response was to the comment that he was 6-7 overall. I said that I don't really hand him that Cleveland loss, so looked at him as 6-6, or .500 at the moment. I didn't give him credit for a win. I just wasn't handing him the loss, because he didn't play in the part where the team lost.

He went 4-6 as a starter. Even if you extrapolate the wins, it wouldn't be .500. The games we lost in EJ's absence were against the Saints, the Pats*, the Bengals, and the Chiefs. We beat the Dolphins twice in EJ's absence. Maybe we go .500 there, but also maybe not.

I like EJ as a person and I hope he will improve. For a game tomorrow, I would take Tanny, that's all.

I realize he went 4-6 last year as a starter last year. My response to you was that you had said he was 6-7 overall. I would say he is 6-6, in games he started and finished. I am surprised you don't see this distinction with the Cleveland game. It seems like common sense. Regardless, it isn't a big deal. Just wanted to make my point clear. I am just an outsider; really just looking at it objectively. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I wasn't offering an excuse. I was actually sitting right in front of that play when it happened. Believe me, Browns fans were hoping he couldn't come back (sorry). I was responding to Geno 8-8, Tannehill 8-8, EJ 6-10 with better talent. I indicated "he" was not 6-10, as he didn't play in 6 1/2 of the games. My response was to the comment that he was 6-7 overall. I said that I don't really hand him that Cleveland loss, so looked at him as 6-6, or .500 at the moment. I didn't give him credit for a win. I just wasn't handing him the loss, because he didn't play in the part where the team lost.

I realize he went 4-6 last year as a starter last year. My response to you was that you had said he was 6-7 overall. I would say he is 6-6, in games he started and finished. I am surprised you don't see this distinction with the Cleveland game. It seems like common sense. Regardless, it isn't a big deal. Just wanted to make my point clear. I am just an outsider; really just looking at it objectively.

Well would you agree, as an objective outsider, that the Bills are better at virtually every position other than QB compared to the Phins?

I voted for Geno. He isn't cery good but makes some plays. His ceiling to me is a poor man's Dalton. EJ's ceiling to me is a poor man's Alex Smith (w/o the accuracy). I don't think that either of them will reach their ceiling. Tanehill is a year ahead (or behind) them, Vick can't stay healthy and Orton just isn't all that good. It has to be EJ or Geno but that's like saying root canal or appendectomy.

I pick Geno, but I think his ceiling is a little higher than you suggest. I know the guy makes some mistakes, but he looks awfully good at times too...like almost elite QB good. I, obviously, haven't seen him play as much as I have EJ...only about 8 games or so. He (Geno) makes some awful decisions, but he also makes some great throws....the other night against the Bears, I was really impressed with him, minus the two pics of course. He has a great arm, and is pretty accurate, from what I have seen. He is also decisive, and doesn't seem to "play scared", He has some kinks to work out, to be sure, but I think he is the kind of guy who will get better with more experience. I have also been impressed with his ability to throw on the run, and keep his eyes downfield.

Well would you agree, as an objective outsider, that the Bills are better at virtually every position other than QB compared to the Phins?

FireChan has been all over EJ since the beginning...I dont' think he will concede anything!

Edited by Buftex

Unfortunately, I don't know if I agree or disagree. I don't follow either team closely enough to break it down by position. Therefore, my opinion would not count for much. But since a football team is judged by its sum rather than its individual parts, I think it is clear the Bills are better since the Dolphins can't beat them.

Is that what you were looking for? I do know that each team has some really good players. Wallace, Clay, Grimes and Wake are tough on Miami. I don't have to tell you about your own team. But I don't compare WR group to WR group, for example to draw any kind of conclusion. Rather, WR group to DB group since that is the matchup.