Tajh Boyd? - Just for the Sammy Chemistry

Jets (known to make a personnel mistake now and then cut Tajh Boyd, With Geno, Vick and Matt Simms, they really didn't have room for a fourth. Boyd to Watkins worked pretty well at the last level. Tuel never really was projected in college to do much. At one time Boyd was pretty high profile. Personally I would rather get Pryor to replace Tuel, and wouldn't consider Boyd other than the Sammy connection.

Jets (known to make a personnel mistake now and then cut Tajh Boyd, With Geno, Vick and Matt Simms, they really didn't have room for a fourth. Boyd to Watkins worked pretty well at the last level. Tuel never really was projected in college to do much. At one time Boyd was pretty high profile. Personally I would rather get Pryor to replace Tuel, and wouldn't consider Boyd other than the Sammy connection.

I though the guy looked ok at Clemson. This seems like the kind of guy you want at #3 or on practice squad as a Dev prospect.

If the Jets cut Boyd & we don't pick him up to store him on the practice squad this team will prove just how stu[id it really is when it comes to picking a QB !!

The fans wonder why we can't get any respect --- just rewind the QB carousel & the different decisions made around that position & you will wonder no more .

Hell i think they are still paying Fitz aren't they & he's been gone 2 years that was brilliant !!

We don't have a developmental QB on the roster. Why not pick up Boyd for a look see as a future backup QB? He won't cost much and you can always release him after a month or two if he doesn't show enough promise. He won't be a threat to EJ's psyche. There really is not much to be optimistic about concerning our QB roster, and it wouldn't make it any worse.

Boyd played in two preseason games, completing eight of 17 passes for 98 yards, including one touchdown and no interceptions. His passer rating was 84.9. Of course preseason against other 2nd 3rd stringers, but how does that compare to our departed Tuel, Dixon & Palmer?

Edited by simpleman