Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you from a fan's perspective but that is the exact opposite of what the trust and Morgan Stanley want.

Being crassly manipulated is not in his own best interest and reputation. He needs to stand back and think more strategically. He's being teased with a business proposal that is not only unrealistic but is absurd. Being a HOF player on the field doesn't qualify you as being fit for this high stakes business transaction. In his case being an observer is better than being a participant.

Now Leiweke is denying it.

I believe that Leiweke is the reason that Osama Bon Jovi joined the Toronto group in the first place. Leiweke was with AIG trying to bring an NFL team to LA while JBJ was lobbying and hobnobbing in NFL circles to position himself as a possible owner, and the two became friends.

I believe that Leiweke is the reason that Osama Bon Jovi joined the Toronto group in the first place. Leiweke was with AIG trying to bring an NFL team to LA while JBJ was lobbying and hobnobbing in NFL circles to position himself as a possible owner, and the two became friends.

Ha ha, I forgot about that!! Wasn't it Leiweke who had the stadium plans in the City of Industry? Either way, he really sucks at landing NFL teams. I hope that somebody in London hires him next.

OK, best derogatory name for him so far :)

Ha ha, I forgot about that!! Wasn't it Leiweke who had the stadium plans in the City of Industry? Either way, he really sucks at landing NFL teams. I hope that somebody in London hires him next.

No, he was the main guy for Philip Aunshutz, who owned AIG, and the ones behind the stadium that was proposed downtown right by the Staples Center, which had the name Farmers Field before the stadium idea was done. Ed Roski was the City of Industry guy I think. The Leiweke/Anschutz idea was stupid and had no chance right from the start. He left AIG (I think he was fired) over that fiasco.

so what does all this Tim Liewke stuff mean to us?

It means there was rumors he was leavings MLSE but alas he is not leaving MLSE, unless he is lying.

@ByTimGraham: Leiweke statement in part: "Any report stating that I am leaving MLSE is untrue. We are completely focused on the seasons at hand ... (1/2)

@ByTimGraham: Leiweke: "... and I am not thinking of anything else but that. I am proud of all that we have accomplished here over the past year." (2/2)

@ByTimGraham: Report: Bon Jovi ally Leiweke about to leave Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment; Leiweke issues denial http://t.co/0SqDZDje2X

Edited by FluffHead

It really is just another sign that the Toronto group isn't a threat (not that anymore signs were needed).

No, he was the main guy for Philip Aunshutz, who owned AIG, and the ones behind the stadium that was proposed downtown right by the Staples Center, which had the name Farmers Field before the stadium idea was done. Ed Roski was the City of Industry guy I think. The Leiweke/Anschutz idea was stupid and had no chance right from the start. He left AIG (I think he was fired) over that fiasco.

Thanks!!

Nothing really. The inference, however, is strong, if indeed he has been fired or resigned. The scenario would then be: MLSE hired Tim L to bring an NFL franchise to Toronto, MLSE always wanted that franchise to be in Toronto, and now that it's abundantly clear that the Bills are not going to be brought to Toronto, Tim L has been fired.

He was brought in to do a few things. He had a decent to good resume. He knew a lot of the major players. But the LA was dumb to begin with (mostly because of TL's bosses demands), and the Toronto idea now seems ill-fated too.

bon jovi should contact johnny morris of bass pro, or maybe barsar issa, the guy who bought the statler back about 10 years ago and was going to build a 40 story office tower..

The list of things JBJ should do is pretty long. He just does not seem to understand, for being credited with a shrewd business mind he seems somewhat clueless here.

Kelly might join Galisano's bid

http://www.wgrz.com/...bills/14265125/

CBF

I'm willing to go on record and place my bet on TG/JK winning this thing... or at least they'll make it closer than many think. My theory: The plan all along was to sell to TG, at least for those members of the trust who want to keep the team in Buffalo. If the reports are true, that TG didn't place that initial bid on time... well, that was by design. Wait to hear from those in the trust where the bids came in, jump in with a late bid just above the others to save the team, and be the savior. It also looks like TG is the last bidder to meet with the Trust. Also by design. When the trust/family members interested in keeping the team in Buffalo planned this out, they had no idea El Pegs would come in with such a strong offer. Which is great... except that some of these folks have been around the team for a LONG time and probably feel very loyal to JK. Which is why some of them are trying to get him in the mix here. Wherever JK lands is who's going to get this team.

I'm willing to go on record and place my bet on TG/JK winning this thing... or at least they'll make it closer than many think. My theory: The plan all along was to sell to TG, at least for those members of the trust who want to keep the team in Buffalo. If the reports are true, that TG didn't place that initial bid on time... well, that was by design. Wait to hear from those in the trust where the bids came in, jump in with a late bid just above the others to save the team, and be the savior. It also looks like TG is the last bidder to meet with the Trust. Also by design. When the trust/family members interested in keeping the team in Buffalo planned this out, they had no idea El Pegs would come in with such a strong offer. Which is great... except that some of these folks have been around the team for a LONG time and probably feel very loyal to JK. Which is why some of them are trying to get him in the mix here. Wherever JK lands is who's going to get this team.

That plan wouldn't be necessary, as the initial bids weren't binding.

Then they're not very bright. There was talk of Pegula buying the Bills as soon as he got the Sabres.