Round 2 : Sale of the team

Just a question:

I could be wrong, but didn't they turn down Milstien when he tried to buy Washington? I do not believe he violated the rules.

Yes, I liked to that in an earlier post.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is another thought on the Kelly/JBJ meeting. And I am completely giving JK super foresight where none has been earned, but perhaps he took the meeting just to turn them down. Think about it for a minute, if JK met with them, denies it, then once it is revealed(knowing sooner or later it will be) tells everyone he does not believe they plan to keep the team in Buffalo ... that is a knife through the heart of there bid I would imagine.

Again, he may just be doing for financial reasons, but maybe Buffalo's favorite son was playing at espionage :flirt:

Yes, I liked to that in an earlier post.

Yeah I saw that after I posted, thanks.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Just a question:

I could be wrong, but didn't they turn down Milstien when he tried to buy Washington? I do not believe he violated the rules.

Yeah, it is usually done in advance. The point was meant to be if there was going to be an issue with the bidders the trust would almost certainly already know. The league objects early (usually) not necessarily at the vote. The Bills are not expecting an issue with confirmation.

Yeah, it is usually done in advance. The point was meant to be if there was going to be an issue with the bidders the trust would almost certainly already know. The league objects early (usually) not necessarily at the vote. The Bills are not expecting an issue with confirmation.

Do we know the reason Milstein was turned down, Kirby?

Do we know the reason Milstein was turned down, Kirby?

Iirc he just didn't have the money in his bank account that they wanted. Like he barely had enough to satisfy their requirements but not much more. He has a lot more now, so he was considering it with the Bills.

Too leveraged.

Iirc he just didn't have the money in his bank account that they wanted. Like he barely had enough to satisfy their requirements but not much more. He has a lot more now, so he was considering it with the Bills.

So he suffered from the Bon Jovi disease---well one of them, anyway.

Too leveraged.

There was more to Milstein's rejection than money. Milstein had a history of suing people to submission in his business dealings. He exhibited those suing tendencies when he owned the Islanders. He basically used the threat of litigation and actual litigation to intimate people he was involved with in the business world.

His business practices were predatory. He is the type of person who instead of negotiating a fair deal based on compromise his approach was to overpower the opposition by entangling it in a legal morass and depleting its resources.

He is a slimeball busnessman who is well educated andwears expensive suits. No one one should be fooled. He is a predatory shark with the morals of a swine. Niagra Falls thought they had a good thing going in getting involved with this very wealthy person. What happened? Nothing. A lot of empty lots that continue to lay waste.

Edited by JohnC

There was more to Milstein's rejection than money. Milstein had a history of suing people to submission in his business dealings. He exhibited those suing tendencies when he owned the Islanders. He basically used the threat of litigation and actual litigation to intimate people he was involved with in the business world.

His business practices were predatory. He is the type of person who instead of negotiating a fair deal based on compromise his approach was to overpower the opposition by entangling it in a legal morass and depleting its resources.

He is a slimeball busnessman who is well educated andwears expensive suits. No one one should be fooled. He is a predatory shark with the morals of a swine. Niagra Falls thought they had a good thing going in getting involved with this very wealthy person. What happened? Nothing. A lot of empty lots that continue to lay waste.

Not in defense of Milstein really, but I have some inside into on the Niagara Falls situation. The city is as big (probably bigger) obstacle as Milstein. The city has turned down several development ideas brought to them by Milstein. One thing is for sure, Milstein won't be pressured into doing something for the sake of doing it. He can sit on that land, and will, while he waits for the city to be more cooperative.

I know Paladino sat on the United Office Bldg project before finally doing something with it. I'm not pointing blame in either of these situations---there is enough to go around for everyone involved, But let's just say, doing business with Niagara Falls isn't easy,

just a knee jerk reaction(before the facts are in) why did morgan stanley do that?? do they have an agenda?that kind of sucks on the surface..

They aren't stupid...the price for this team will very likely be higher if the specter of Toronto looms large.

Maybe its their way of getting him to prove that he wouldnt move the team

CBF

ok.. that could be true, but puzzling why they are assisting him(or seem to be) .. i get all the "drive the price up" aspects.. but like you said: "interesting" anxious to hear the particulars

@JohnKryk

Blog link to my story on #BonJovi talked to Jim Kelly at suggestion of bank overseeing #Bills sale: http://blogs.canoe.c...-says/ …

A source in the position to know on Monday morning said Morgan Stanley requested that the front man of the Toronto group attempting to buy the NFL team meet with the former Bills superstar, as a means of making their bid “more Buffalo friendly.”
Edited by 26CornerBlitz