Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep.. but doesnt all this chicanery by morgan stanley take it to a level of "storage wars" kind of embarrassing.. but again, i get the fact its all about driving up the price

I agree.

In regards to the JBJ group, it's like a kid in school who keeps handing in a test to the teacher and the teacher looks over it and hands it back and says "try again" or "you might want to try this"

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

but that is pretty much a dead issue..that ship has sailed i believe.. but i guess anything is plausible..

Well, it wasn't really an issue to begin with, but if the Trust feels that keeping the Toronto group around could possibly solicit higher bids, then they'll want to do so.

"The banker had this hope: to assuage Buffalonians’ concerns about the Toronto group’s suspected relocation intentions by teaming it with Mr. Bills-Can’t-Move himself, so as to convince other bidders — especially Terry Pegula — that the beleaguered group is indeed a viable threat to win the auction."

Well, it wasn't really an issue to begin with, but if the Trust feels that keeping the Toronto group around could possibly solicit higher bids, then they'll want to do so.

i agree, but at this point in time, the jig is up... everyone knows that TO is out.. how will that drive up the price anymore at this point? who is afraid of the "big bad wolf" anymore?

Wait, so Jim Kelly and Osama Bon Jovi are not spawned by the devil and in cahoots after all? Is that what I am expected to believe?

I mean, they sat and lunched right? In the same room. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think the meeting was planned. There was talking involved, an exchange of sentences about the Bills moving, and the word "Toronto" shrewdly being inserted into some of those same sentences. What more proof do you need?

i agree, but at this point in time, the jig is up... everyone knows that TO is out.. how will that drive up the price anymore at this point? who is afraid of the "big bad wolf" anymore?

I think that it is about a JBJ group in Buffalo (imagine that). I've been reading on here for a while that is impossible so it must be true. They are saying that JBJ and Gundlach with Jim Kelly as a part of it would be a real threat. At least that is how I interpreted it. Morgan Stanley is just trying to keep around someone that is considered a thread to Pegula.

I think that it is about a JBJ group in Buffalo (imagine that). I've been reading on here for a while that is impossible so it must be true. They are saying that JBJ and Gundlach with Jim Kelly as a part of it would be a real threat. At least that is how I interpreted it. Morgan Stanley is just trying to keep around someone that is considered a thread to Pegula.

at this point they are insulting pegula's intelligence if that is the case( and i have no reason to doubt you) ..

assuming JBJ hasnt given up his desire as being the majority/controlling owner, it isnt a threat at all.

assuming JBJ hasnt given up his desire as being the majority/controlling owner, it isnt a threat at all.

Well if he can scrape together $300M and Gundlach $500M with $200M financed they are at least respectable. They don't really have a shot but compared to what seems to be out there...

Boy that blew up in Morgan Stanley's face.

Get on with it already Morgan Stanley. Just like JBJ, Morgan Stanley should save face and negotiate the final sale to the Pegulas.

I really want this to be done in time for the October 8 owners meeting, the Sabres home opener on October 9th, and the Bills home game on October 12th against the Pats.

I am planning Buffalo Road trip to celebrate.

"The banker had this hope: to assuage Buffalonians’ concerns about the Toronto group’s suspected relocation intentions by teaming it with Mr. Bills-Can’t-Move himself, so as to convince other bidders — especially Terry Pegula — that the beleaguered group is indeed a viable threat to win the auction."

So I would think that with Kelly's slap-down, JBJ looks even worse now. If Kelly was the ace in the hole and he couldn't be convinced to sign on, you would think that that's game, set match for JBJ.

Boy that blew up in Morgan Stanley's face.

Get on with it already Morgan Stanley. Just like JBJ, Morgan Stanley should save face and negotiate the final sale to the Pegulas.

I really want this to be done in time for the October 8 owners meeting, the Sabres home opener on October 9th, and the Bills home game on October 12th against the Pats.

I am planning Buffalo Road trip to celebrate.

I feel pretty confident that timeline is not in jeopardy.

So I would think that with Kelly's slap-down, JBJ looks even worse now. If Kelly was the ace in the hole and he couldn't be convinced to sign on, you would think that that's game, set match for JBJ.

I'm not sure it's possible for JBJ to look worse than his group already does...they came in with a plan that was doomed from the beginning, and they've clumsily tried to stay in the race.

I'm not sure it's possible for JBJ to look worse than his group already does...they came in with a plan that was doomed from the beginning, and they've clumsily tried to stay in the race.

It has certainly been odd. I am not sure why this clip always comes to my head. George as JBJ, the ladies as the 2 Mary's, the first responder as Morgan Stanley, the people of WNY as the party goers and I haven't figured out the clown yet (maybe Trump):

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This excerpt from recent Tim Graham column, if true, is just mind boggling on behalf of the Kelly brothers...

Two sources familiar with the sales process told The News the Kellys have made lofty partnership demands: 2 percent equity in the team, lifetime jobs for Jim and Dan, an up-front cash payment for their services and final say on all football decisions.

I'd love to know what "services" they will be providing that would net them 2% interest in the team, lifetime jobs, up front cash payment, and most bizarre "final say on all football decisions"?? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by LabattBlue

Not in defense of Milstein really, but I have some inside into on the Niagara Falls situation. The city is as big (probably bigger) obstacle as Milstein. The city has turned down several development ideas brought to them by Milstein. One thing is for sure, Milstein won't be pressured into doing something for the sake of doing it. He can sit on that land, and will, while he waits for the city to be more cooperative.

I know Paladino sat on the United Office Bldg project before finally doing something with it. I'm not pointing blame in either of these situations---there is enough to go around for everyone involved, But let's just say, doing business with Niagara Falls isn't easy,

NF is a wretched place to do business. There is no doubt about. Political corruption and ineptitude, union corruption and interminal in-fighting prevents things from getting done. Compare Niagra County with Erie County where there is an economic renaissance going on. You don't think that Mr. M. wasn't aware of that toxic mixture when he boughtall that land?

The primary point of my first post is to point out that he has a history of strong arming people in his business dealings with suffocating legal challenges not for legitimate legal reasons but to use the legal system to intimidate and destroy people.

When the NFL was going to deny him from being an owner because of history of misusing the legal system he offered to sign a statement saying that he would never sue the owners or the league. The league still wanted nothing to do with this character. The end result is that he ended up suing one of the bidders (the deceased owner's son)! So much for giving up the legal weapon to deal with people.The bottom line is that anyone who gets involved with Milstein in the business arena is getting involved with someone who is morally and ethically challenged.