Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW, 2 weeks. Labor Day weekend. I still think this is Pegula's to lose, but the trust does seem to be pushing for Golisano to stay viable. I think there is more to it than simply making process competitive. If JK joins TG, it could get interesting. As for OBJ (love that name !), he's a 100:1 longshot at this stage.

What takes 2 Week?! Holy cow, one would think this is the 70's. Multi billion corporate transactions come together over some weekends. Ugh! What is the point of all this non-binding, then meeting, then binding bis, and finally the selection stuff.

Hey bidders you have 48 hours to get your bids in. You have been prepping for this for over a month.

I know the process has been moving at light speed. Just echoing the frustration of some fans with the what seems like a straight forward process and decision.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

So I guess I'll check back here in two weeks because I know there will be no speculation, leaks or guesswork between now and then.

Outstanding response!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WoW, 2 weeks. Labor Day weekend. I still think this is Pegula's to lose, but the trust does seem to be pushing for Golisano to stay viable. I think there is more to it than simply making process competitive. If JK joins TG, it could get interesting. As for OBJ (love that name !), he's a 100:1 longshot at this stage.

Adding Jim Kelly to the Golisano bidding group adds nothing to it. JK has no $$$ to bolster the appeal of any group. If Gundlack wanted to join forces with Golisano at least he would add money to the pot. JK is not going to influence him to join with any other bidder because he can do it on his own without throwing a bone ($$$$) to JK as a finder's fee.

I hate to say it but JK is looking foolish in this high stakes transaction. If you don't have your own poker chips then you can't play at the roped off velvet table with the exotic looking cocktail waitresses.

I believe that Leiweke is the reason that Osama Bon Jovi joined the Toronto group in the first place. Leiweke was with AIG trying to bring an NFL team to LA while JBJ was lobbying and hobnobbing in NFL circles to position himself as a possible owner, and the two became friends.

Small point: the company is AEG (Anschutz Ent. Group), not AIG. They are a giant insurance company taxpayers had to bail out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

^I'm thinking more of a quasi tie-breaker between TG and TP; if TG bids $1B and Pegs is at $1.1B; Mary might want to sell to TG because Kelly is involved --- Kelly appeals to the emotional side of the trust

With all due respect to Kelly. Shouldn't he be more concerned about his health than getting involved in a business transaction?

What takes 2 Week?! Holy cow, one would think this is the 70's. Multi billion corporate transactions come together over some weekends. Ugh! What is the point of all this non-binding, then meeting, then binding bis, and finally the selection stuff.

Hey bidders you have 48 hours to get your bids in. You have been prepping for this for over a month.

I know the process has been moving at light speed. Just echoing the frustration of some fans with the what seems like a straight forward process and decision.

To drive up competitive bids to see who blinks. This was purposeful. They are not thinking of fans. They are thinking of balancing keeping the team in Buffalo (we hope) and driving up the price to take care of the Wilson family. It is their investment. I'm fine with it. Then, I negotiate capital deals in mgmt all the time, so it's just political wrangling. Pegula will get it. No worries.

September 14th could be a historic day. Only question now is it Terry and Kim Pegula or Golisano and Monica Seles that will be waving to the fans?

The most realistic stadium plan will win.

Since when are the potential ownership groups submitting stadium proposals as part of their bid to buy the team? :huh:

Since when are the potential ownership groups submitting stadium proposals as part of their bid to buy the team? :huh:

I dont know if its required, but government officials have spoken with bidders about a new stadium. So it is part of the discussion.

Im pretty sure it a stadium plan is part of the bidding process though. There is more to this then just money alone.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

That's why Toronto was never in the conversation. The trust (and state) want to make sure that the team has the appropriate long term plans in WNY. It's not really an issue in this case but they may want to eyeball the plans (as a tiebreaker). Edited by Kirby Jackson

I dont know if its required, but government officials have spoken with bidders about a new stadium. So it is part of the discussion.

Im pretty sure it a stadium plan is part of the bidding process though. There is more to this then just money alone.

There may be more than just money, but Ralph Wilson's Trust only has the team to sell. I don't think a stadium plan plays any role, except for perhaps proof the bidder is serious about keeping the team in WNY. So while they might be interested in a bidder's plans, the local/state govt discussion is NOT part of the bidding process. This is a PRIVATE sale.

There may be more than just money, but Ralph Wilson's Trust only has the team to sell. I don't think a stadium plan plays any role, except for perhaps proof the bidder is serious about keeping the team in WNY. So while they might be interested in a bidder's plans, the local/state govt discussion is NOT part of the bidding process. This is a PRIVATE sale.

From all I know its a major part of this. Cuomo has said he has had talks already with bidders and the NFL. So if its not part of it, then why have talks before you get the team?