Would you swap EJ for Fitz right now?

Would you swap EJ for Fitz?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap EJ for Fitz?

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go back and look at the results from 2012.

we finished 6-10.

in 4 of those losses we scored:

28/28/34/31 points.

fitz with this d might have been enough. not to mention watkins.

Edit*

With that being said though, I think the season needs to hurry up and get here. I'm a weirdo: during the offseason, I hate EJ Manuel. It's ridiculous. I'm a loser, straight up. When I was a kid, I used to scour the planet for Buffalo Bills news. i would subscribe to SHOUT! (the official news paper of the Buffalo Bills!) I used to read it cover to cover every month of the offseason, over and over again, until the new issue came in the mail. That was my only insight into the Bills. There was no "Kelly went 6 for 12 in practice today, and overthrew Reed on a deep route." I had no idea. There were interviews with the guys, about who their favorite musician was (Kenny G, for Kelly).

So now, here I am. A jaded adult with the world at my finger tips every work day, and polarizing opinion after polarizing opinion flying at me from every angle--adapted for easy to consume sound bites.

"Lebron lost 20 pounds"

"Lebron doesnt eat carbs"

"Lebron has AIDS"

That all happened before I had finished my first cup of coffee at work.

I'm a bitter, jaded sports fan, who feels the need to form dramatic opinions with no sample size to speak of, and parade that around as if the imbeciles around me (who have formed the opposite opinion) are stupid mouth breathers who were lucky enough to not fall down the stairs this morning, and somehow made it to their computers to support EJ Manuel. Idiots.

The reality of the situation though, is so much more complicated. Maybe EJ will be good, maybe he won't. He looked great in some games last year (Jets), good in others (Carolina), bad in others (Jax), and terrible in others (Pit). Just like you would expect from a rookie.

The problem is, we're a rabid fan base. We always have been, and we always will be. Our best player ever has cancer. Our second best player ever is OJ Simpson. Go ask 100 random people on the street of a city that isn't Buffalo to play a word association with OJ Simpson, and get back to me on how many say "Hall of fame RB for the Bills."

We don't just watch football, we sit in constant terror that we will lose our team. Think about that. Damn, sorry Broncos fans, tough super bowl loss. At least Denver will always have a football team though.

Even when we were good, we weren't good enough. We were always second best, always a joke. Everything about this damn organization is a joke to everyone that isn't a Bills fan.

I mean... in what other world but the world of the Buffalo Bills could the fear of relocation be realized in the human form... of a freaking 80s glam rocker??? You think cowboys fans are worried that Rod Stewart is going to move the team to Mexico City any time soon and rebrand them the Rio Grande Cowboys? We are so unique in our misery, combined with our passion.

So when you combine alllllll those factors, we just want to be able to control something. anything. We want to know right now that EJ will be the one that takes us to the super bowl, wins the super bowl, gives us that moment that we have been waiting for forever. And at the end of the day... no one knows. No one thought Russel Wilson would be that guy when he started... or Brady... or Flacco...

So, right now, in this moment, I am just optimistic for the season. But ill be calling you EJ supporters retards soon enough... likely at halftime week 1, when we're down 17-10 to the bears.

Edited by JohnnyGold

I can't believe we are sinking this low and en spending time on this topic. Fits sucked and EJ has not had enough time to prove anything yet. At least get 8 games into thus season before saying EJ needs to be be replaced with a guy nobody in the league would say is a real starter. Good God.

I can't believe we are sinking this low and en spending time on this topic. Fits sucked and EJ has not had enough time to prove anything yet. At least get 8 games into thus season before saying EJ needs to be be replaced with a guy nobody in the league would say is a real starter. Good God.

*slow clap* Thanks

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

I know right, how many years before EJ approaches those "lofty" numbers? Oh yeah, with a much superior WR corps too boot! IMHO, never, I don't think EJ is going to be the answer.

There was no reason to cut

Fitzpatrick. It was just a money

saving gambit for a team that had

room under the cap.

They could have had

EJ serve as understudy and

Fitz caretaker the position for a couple

years. It would have better served

Manuel's development. And

the

team would have had a better

shot at the playoffs this year

than they do with EJ as starter.

I like how you question the fans for an organizational decision. This is basically your response to being wrong about your unflappable trust in OBD. :lol:

In a better scenario than what unfolded...Manuel would have backed up/competed for the job with Fitz.

Unfortunately Buddy got duped on that phony phone call and basically let it slip that he had moved on from Fitz via his "we don't have a QB" take to the Bucs GM.

The better question is shouldn't they have just paid the MOFO for another season instead of trying to renegotiate with him and then waiving him to save some bucks......and then REALLY wasting a paycheck on the laughingstock QB of the entire league Kevin on the Kolb?

It wasn't a Fitz or EJ decision, they were drafting a QB either way.

In reality it was a Fitz or Kolb decision.

The cheaper Kolb option trumped the more expensive Fitz option. Wasn't a fans choice.

we finished 6-10.

28/28/34/31 points.

Edit*

With that being said though, I think the season needs to hurry up and get here. I'm a weirdo: during the offseason, I hate EJ Manuel. It's ridiculous. I'm a loser, straight up. When I was a kid, I used to scour the planet for Buffalo Bills news. i would subscribe to SHOUT! (the official news paper of the Buffalo Bills!) I used to read it cover to cover every month of the offseason, over and over again, until the new issue came in the mail. That was my only insight into the Bills. There was no "Kelly went 6 for 12 in practice today, and overthrew Reed on a deep route." I had no idea. There were interviews with the guys, about who their favorite musician was (Kenny G, for Kelly).

So now, here I am. A jaded adult with the world at my finger tips every work day, and polarizing opinion after polarizing opinion flying at me from every angle--adapted for easy to consume sound bites.

"Lebron lost 20 pounds"

"Lebron has AIDS"

I'm a bitter, jaded sports fan, who feels the need to form dramatic opinions with no sample size to speak of, and parade that around as if the imbeciles around me (who have formed the opposite opinion) are stupid mouth breathers who were lucky enough to not fall down the stairs this morning, and somehow made it to their computers to support EJ Manuel. Idiots.

The reality of the situation though, is so much more complicated. Maybe EJ will be good, maybe he won't. He looked great in some games last year (Jets), good in others (Carolina), bad in others (Jax), and terrible in others (Pit). Just like you would expect from a rookie.

The problem is, we're a rabid fan base. We always have been, and we always will be. Our best player ever has cancer. Our second best player ever is OJ Simpson. Go ask 100 random people on the street of a city that isn't Buffalo to play a word association with OJ Simpson, and get back to me on how many say "Hall of fame RB for the Bills."

We don't just watch football, we sit in constant terror that we will lose our team. Think about that. Damn, sorry Broncos fans, tough super bowl loss. At least Denver will always have a football team though.

Even when we were good, we weren't good enough. We were always second best, always a joke. Everything about this damn organization is a joke to everyone that isn't a Bills fan.

I mean... in what other world but the world of the Buffalo Bills could the fear of relocation be realized in the human form... of a freaking 80s glam rocker??? You think cowboys fans are worried that Rod Stewart is going to move the team to Mexico City any time soon and rebrand them the Rio Grande Cowboys? We are so unique in our misery, combined with our passion.

So when you combine alllllll those factors, we just want to be able to control something. anything. We want to know right now that EJ will be the one that takes us to the super bowl, wins the super bowl, gives us that moment that we have been waiting for forever. And at the end of the day... no one knows. No one thought Russel Wilson would be that guy when he started... or Brady... or Flacco...

So, right now, in this moment, I am just optimistic for the season. But ill be calling you EJ supporters retards soon enough... likely at halftime week 1, when we're down 17-10 to the bears.

Quite an outpouring Mr Gold.

I understand everything you said and appreciate your perspective , and others. Whom you have voiced for in this post. You are a good man some days :beer:

The Fitz thing.

Would i like to have him over EJ . NO.

would i like to have him last year . yes . as a backup this year ? yes a resounding Yes !

but myself . i have moved on. just a suggestion promobot

Edited by 3rdand12

No, in the same way I wouldn't want Trent or JP back. Along with Fitz they all proven non-starters. With Fitz it's like trying to prop up a pitcher with a 78mph fastball. No amount of mechanics work or baseball IQ will change that. Unfortunately in football theres no such simple test as the 90mph fastball threshold. But to the trained eye it's clear as day Fitz does not have an nfl-caliber arm. Fitz natural role in football is QB-coach, along the lines of "those that can.... do, those that are pretty smart but can't .... teach"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

There were a lot of things I liked about Fitz. The guy had heart. He aired it out. He threw BLOCKS!

However, he'll never live down single handily losing games with this ill timed, spirit crushing interceptions. Bills v Titans hurts especially for me because we got a limo for my 30th birthday. It was a somber ride back to Roc.

That said, Fitz is a lot of things. A winner is not one of them. He'll never lead a team to the playoffs as a starter.

Edited by ldandria

Since you know nothing about heroin i suggest you dont reference it.

being a maroon ? well now I can speak as an expert on the subject .

I happen to know a lot about it. Although the only thing that you ever really need to know about it is that shooting it is as stupid as one can possibly be - as stupid as, say, trading EJ for Fitz. So it was also relevant to the discussion. ;)

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I like how you question the fans for an organizational decision. This is basically your response to being wrong about your unflappable trust in OBD. :lol:

In a better scenario than what unfolded...Manuel would have backed up/competed for the job with Fitz.

Unfortunately Buddy got duped on that phony phone call and basically let it slip that he had moved on from Fitz via his "we don't have a QB" take to the Bucs GM.

The better question is shouldn't they have just paid the MOFO for another season instead of trying to renegotiate with him and then waiving him to save some bucks......and then REALLY wasting a paycheck on the laughingstock QB of the entire league Kevin on the Kolb?

It wasn't a Fitz or EJ decision, they were drafting a QB either way.

In reality it was a Fitz or Kolb decision.

The cheaper Kolb option trumped the more expensive Fitz option. Wasn't a fans choice.

What you say is exactly right. BUT...a vast majority of TBDers wanted Fitz rode out on a rail. All I'm asking is, in hindsight, would those fans swap that Fitz for the EJ if today?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No i wouldn't trade to get him back now but after who evers blunder it was to allow him to get that contract they should have kept him around to at least get something for the money .

He could have been a mentor to EJ or Tuel but the actions of this front office over the last 3 seasons when it comes to QB's has been worse than a train wreck !!

First they pull the trigger on a contract for Fitz after 5 games he won even with all of his past in front of their eyes , then after he signs & blows they want him to take a cut he says no so they cut him ??

Only to pay him for the next 2 seasons & then there was the T Jack thing trade for the dude , lose a draft pick & never let him see the field only to resign him then cut him ??

Man you talk about ignorants !! And we wonder why even one looks at us and laughs , you can bet Pollian would have never pulled this crap !!

Not a chance. Fitz is a known….EJ still unknown and those that are advising to give it this year….are right on point. My issue is that we do not have a Fitz type in the BACKUP position!!!! My god such a big bet sending 3 basically rookies with a playoff roster otherwise…..and no hedge.

I would trade EJ for Geno.

pffft that grass is not greener. Think Geno's selfie. see it ? good . never mention that name again. see it ? look closely

Trade for Teddy B thats reasonable :bag: :bag:

Edited by 3rdand12

What you say is exactly right. BUT...a vast majority of TBDers wanted Fitz rode out on a rail. All I'm asking is, in hindsight, would those fans swap that Fitz for the EJ if today?

IMO the reasons that this is a tough decision are because A)there isn't any real young talent behind EJ and B)they don't have a first round pick.

But at this point, you ride with EJ, hope for the best and then if it doesn't work out hopefully a really good veteran QB comes free and jumps on the opportunity to play with this otherwise very talented team next season. I have a suspicion that more, talented young QB's will push their way up depth charts and at some point somebody good will be let go. That's not a strategy but I don't think the ceiling with Fitz is worthwhile unless at the same time he has someone to mentor. Not a Tuel or Thad fan.

we finished 6-10.

28/28/34/31 points.

Edit*

"Lebron lost 20 pounds"

"Lebron has AIDS"

And the post of the Year goes to Johnnygold!

Not a chance. Fitz is a known….EJ still unknown and those that are advising to give it this year….are right on point. My issue is that we do not have a Fitz type in the BACKUP position!!!! My god such a big bet sending 3 basically rookies with a playoff roster otherwise…..and no hedge.

Well its a concern. But both Tuel and Lewis have a year in the Hackett Marrone system . And whether its common knowledge or not. Its not a simple system and the guy has a massive playbook in his head.

Bills are banking on the year experience is to their advantage at this point .

Maybe Dougs is a little pissed at their progress. But again it truly is early to be picking up castoffs .

I was always hoping for Ryan to accept the role he was asked to play in. Starter then mentor for EJ . Not wrong for Fitzmajic to have an ego and think he had options . just did not work out monetarily i bet