Would you swap EJ for Fitz right now?

Would you swap EJ for Fitz?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap EJ for Fitz?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

Fitz could have renegotiated his contract to stay. And as fate would have had it, he would have ended up starting anyway. But he chose to leave. And blaming that on the supposed collective wishes of fans is super classy.

I wouldn't Fitz was a good guy who gave it his all and all but that is water under the bridge. He would be a fine back up but he didn't want that role. It is kind of weird, I don't really like EJ all that much but they made a bet and we have to wait to see the results... I will just have to live with that. If it doesn't work out I hope they have the sense to bring in a FA who has a beter track record than Fitz, either to start and train a rook or to back up the next Andrew Luck, lol.

I voted for Fitz with the stipulation that I get to keep our D and it does get better as we all hope and as the starters looked Sunday. And, we get to have Coach Gailey as our OC and I get to keep Watkins, Woods, Flash Goodwin, and Mike Williams. That offense would hum. Couple that with a decent D and it's playoffs baby.

I just want to end the drought. Even if EJ might someday be better. I don't want to ever hear Al Michaels or whoever say the Bills have the longest playoff drought in the NFL. Let someone else have it. I think Fitz would give us a better chance THIS YEAR and that's all I care about.

And, Fitz wouldn't get hurt and we would never ever ever ever have to see Tuel Time in a regular season game again.

Fitz might throw a 4th Q pick now and again, but we'd be so far ahead it wouldn't matte so much. Carson Palmer threw 22 ints last year and his team went 10-6 and beat the Seahawks in December. Obviously you don't want picks, but they aren't necessarily the be all end all.

I'm not an EJ hater. I like the kid and think he will be good. How long before he can throw 23 TDs and 3300 yards in a season is anyone's guess ...

Edited by reddogblitz

Change this thread to the following and it gets more interesting.

Which combination would you rather have to win the Bears game?

Fitz/Gailey

or

EJ/Hackett

Right now I would take Fitz an Gailey on the road in a season opener.

By season's end it will be EJ or a player to be named later starting next year's season opener.

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

Yes but Fitz still wouldn't be the answer, Nix boned us by saying he was going to get us a QB before he left, So he was desperate and just grabbed what he thought was best instead properly evaluating the QB.

I mean seriously, could Tebow be worse? At least he got his team a playoff victory and the guy is a born leader and more importantly a clutch player, something EJ will never be.

go back and look at the results from 2012.

we finished 6-10.

in 4 of those losses we scored:

28/28/34/31 points.

fitz with this d might have been enough. not to mention watkins.

Edit*

With that being said though, I think the season needs to hurry up and get here. I'm a weirdo: during the offseason, I hate EJ Manuel. It's ridiculous. I'm a loser, straight up. When I was a kid, I used to scour the planet for Buffalo Bills news. i would subscribe to SHOUT! (the official news paper of the Buffalo Bills!) I used to read it cover to cover every month of the offseason, over and over again, until the new issue came in the mail. That was my only insight into the Bills. There was no "Kelly went 6 for 12 in practice today, and overthrew Reed on a deep route." I had no idea. There were interviews with the guys, about who their favorite musician was (Kenny G, for Kelly).

So now, here I am. A jaded adult with the world at my finger tips every work day, and polarizing opinion after polarizing opinion flying at me from every angle--adapted for easy to consume sound bites.

"Lebron lost 20 pounds"

"Lebron doesnt eat carbs"

"Lebron has AIDS"

That all happened before I had finished my first cup of coffee at work.

I'm a bitter, jaded sports fan, who feels the need to form dramatic opinions with no sample size to speak of, and parade that around as if the imbeciles around me (who have formed the opposite opinion) are stupid mouth breathers who were lucky enough to not fall down the stairs this morning, and somehow made it to their computers to support EJ Manuel. Idiots.

The reality of the situation though, is so much more complicated. Maybe EJ will be good, maybe he won't. He looked great in some games last year (Jets), good in others (Carolina), bad in others (Jax), and terrible in others (Pit). Just like you would expect from a rookie.

The problem is, we're a rabid fan base. We always have been, and we always will be. Our best player ever has cancer. Our second best player ever is OJ Simpson. Go ask 100 random people on the street of a city that isn't Buffalo to play a word association with OJ Simpson, and get back to me on how many say "Hall of fame RB for the Bills."

We don't just watch football, we sit in constant terror that we will lose our team. Think about that. Damn, sorry Broncos fans, tough super bowl loss. At least Denver will always have a football team though.

Even when we were good, we weren't good enough. We were always second best, always a joke. Everything about this damn organization is a joke to everyone that isn't a Bills fan.

I mean... in what other world but the world of the Buffalo Bills could the fear of relocation be realized in the human form... of a freaking 80s glam rocker??? You think cowboys fans are worried that Rod Stewart is going to move the team to Mexico City any time soon and rebrand them the Rio Grande Cowboys? We are so unique in our misery, combined with our passion.

So when you combine alllllll those factors, we just want to be able to control something. anything. We want to know right now that EJ will be the one that takes us to the super bowl, wins the super bowl, gives us that moment that we have been waiting for forever. And at the end of the day... no one knows. No one thought Russel Wilson would be that guy when he started... or Brady... or Flacco...

So, right now, in this moment, I am just optimistic for the season. But ill be calling you EJ supporters retards soon enough... likely at halftime week 1, when we're down 17-10 to the bears.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I'm starting to think this coaching staff is screwing EJ up. Trying completely reprogram his style.

I agree. For some reason I catch myself pondering if EJ and Hackett are on the same page and/or will ever be on the same page.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I don't think Fitz would give the team a better chance to win because he doesn't avoid the big mistake. He has game manager level talent (at best) but the attitude of a gunslinger.

EJ, for his many faults, didn't lose us games with the big mistake last year. Indeed his receivers made big mistakes in a couple of games when EJ had made throws that had us in the position to win.

Fitz could have renegotiated his contract to stay. And as fate would have had it, he would have ended up starting anyway. But he chose to leave. And blaming that on the supposed collective wishes of fans is super classy.

Your reading and comprehension skills need work. I never blamed the fans for his leaving. It's established the Bills bumbled that. But the majority of fans here wanted him gone. All I'm asking is, in hindsight, would you take him over EJ now.

You know the one thing people here hate more than anything is being reminded what they posted in the past.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We knew Fitz' ceiling, and it was pretty low. Without a doubt, we know that Fitz was as good as he was going to get. We don't know Manuel's ceiling (although after 10 games many a goofball are ready to call him a bust), and there's still thought that he will get better. Maybe even much better.

I'd rather shoot high and miss than be mediocre with fitz.

Or even worse if by some idiotic move we got the crappy semi-pro caliber football player named Tebow. The dude can't make a single team, so why would we want him? He sucks.

Edited by todd

Your reading and comprehension skills need work. I never blamed the fans for his leaving. It's established the Bills bumbled that. But the majority of fans here wanted him gone. All I'm asking is, in hindsight, would you take him over EJ now.

Which is precisely why this is a ridiculous poll. Why didn't you ask if people would trade EJ for Luck?

Weak....why would anyone consider that? Fitz is a journey backup. EJ could be more. Fitz can't be more than a backup or a starter that can't get into the playoffs.

Because, based on some stupid human mature quirk, the player we don't have is always better than the one we do.

It's absurd to even ask. EJ has already proven he can make throws Fitz has never and will never make. Consider EJs rookie year passer rating is better than fitz's career season averages

There was no reason to cut

Fitzpatrick. It was just a money

saving gambit for a team that had

room under the cap.

They could have had

EJ serve as understudy and

Fitz caretaker the position for a couple

years. It would have better served

Manuel's development. And

the

team would have had a better

shot at the playoffs this year

than they do with EJ as starter.

You mean other than the fact he didn't want to do that?