Would you swap EJ for Fitz right now?

Would you swap EJ for Fitz?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap EJ for Fitz?

Yes but Fitz still wouldn't be the answer, Nix boned us by saying he was going to get us a QB before he left, So he was desperate and just grabbed what he thought was best instead properly evaluating the QB.

I mean seriously, could Tebow be worse? At least he got his team a playoff victory and the guy is a born leader and more importantly a clutch player, something EJ will never be.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Oh god, is this really happening. Tebow is terrible, almost embarrassingly bad at the QB position. Tremendous football player, terrible QB

please.

hackett is a very impressive adaptable young coach who deserves the keys to the team's offense and to gather experience to become an NFL veteran. in five years he'll eclipse even gailey's best years by miles.

this is sarcasm right? what is there to suggest this? if anything the response could be, there isn't enough data to see if Hackett knows what he is doing, good or bad. but keys to the castle? one year? terrible offense and play calling?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one he threw the following year in Pittsburgh that SJ dropped travelled 50 yards in the air.

I get that Fitz didn't get it done and is history, but we don't need to make **** up.

You're right, I shouldn't make things up. I'm sure it was just a little flick-o-the-wrist on his part. Dropped it right in his breadbasket on the fly. Because he was known for that.

Gosh, I was just kidding... I used to like the guy too. But the 4th quarter of every game dun learnt me real quicklike.

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

Thats like asking if I would let a child molestor babysit your kids just because he wont charge anything! JUST STOP!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I was just kidding... I used to like the guy too. But the 4th quarter of every game dun learnt me real quicklike.

It's cool. And I agree on the 4th quarter thing after 2011. I'm not sure what happened to the guy because when he first started for us he was a total gamer who engineered several 4th quarter come backs. Of course a couple were thwarted by you know who.

In 2009 down by 10 going into the 4th against Fish (the game where he set the longest TD run from scrimmage by a Bills QB) he led a great comeback. The following year vs the Raider and Patsies. The Steelers drop comeback that was not. The Jets shoot yourself in the leg comeback that was dropped away. Neither of these were his fault. But then in 2012 he was horrid at the end of games. Very disappointing.

Edited by reddogblitz

I was at that game. It was a really fun game until the bitter end.

Everything you say about Fitz here is correct.

However, if only he had a little help ...

While up by 6 at the 2:00 warning, the D has them at 2nd and 18 at their own 40 and then give up a TD in like 4 or 5 plays. A stop there and we win also. The D also gave up a 93 yard run from scrimmage by CJ2K untouched in the 1st half. Fitz had a really good game, but messed at the end, but it was a team loss.

To me what helped Kelly be so great was his ability to run the 2 min drill to perfection. So much so in fact the Bills ran the 2 min drill for 60 min by calling it the hurry up offense. All the great QB's have that ability to run the 2 min drill when needed. EJ has shown on occasion that he can run it very well.

In my view that 2 min drill with 1:08 was all on Fitz to at least get 50 yards! The guy couldn't even get a first down in four tries against the leagues worst defense. Fitz sucks!

What the OP forgets is that every single fan wanted the Bills to succeed. No Bills fan anywhere hated Fitz so much that they actually wanted the Bills to lose to spite him. As much as I criticized him, I still held out hope that he could possibly improve. But any love I had for Fitz went out the window when he chose to go elsewhere to be another team's backup. I could understand him going elsewhere for a big payday or a starting job, and he chose neither. He chose "anywhere but here."

From NFL.com on Texans game against cardinals

"Ryan Fitzpatrick was the epitome of terrible. He made awful reads, pitiful decisions and pathetic passes. He played an entire half and ended his night 6-of-14 passing for 55 yards and two interceptions. (It looked worse than even that stat line makes it appear.)"

Yeah, I really want me some of that !

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

What the OP forgets is that every single fan wanted the Bills to succeed. No Bills fan anywhere hated Fitz so much that they actually wanted the Bills to lose to spite him. As much as I criticized him, I still held out hope that he could possibly improve. But any love I had for Fitz went out the window when he chose to go elsewhere to be another team's backup. I could understand him going elsewhere for a big payday or a starting job, and he chose neither. He chose "anywhere but here."

You are mis-remembering. He was shown the door by management after a certain prank call went viral.

About nobody wanting him to fail, I can only hope that you're right. No fan should be that masochistic.

From NFL.com on Texans game against cardinals

"Ryan Fitzpatrick was the epitome of terrible. He made awful reads, pitiful decisions and pathetic passes. He played an entire half and ended his night 6-of-14 passing for 55 yards and two interceptions. (It looked worse than even that stat line makes it appear.)"

Yeah, I really want me some of that !

Yeah, whatever happens with Manuel it's tough to argue that the Bills should have Fitz back.

You are mis-remembering. He was shown the door by management after a certain prank call went viral.

About nobody wanting him to fail, I can only hope that you're right. No fan should be that masochistic.

my understanding of the circumstances are the Bills were planning to draft a QB high, and told him so. They asked him to restructure his contract since he would be a backup. He refused, because he didn't want to take a pay cut but mostly didn't want to be the backup here after being the starter. He chose to be a backup elsewhere because of pride. And yes, the leaked phone call played a role. Jmo.

The teams he has chosen to go to, first tenn. and now Houston, were both good situations for him. Locker was injury prone which is why they wanted a guy like Fitz as a backup. And he was starting less than halfway into the season. Houston didn't have a starter at all in place gee he sighed there. He just did the smart thing for his career each time rather than sit back and mentor a new guy here. Sounds ideal to us, but he had options.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Fitz had a horrid first outing with Houston last night:

6 of 14 54 yards, 0TDs and 2 Ints

Good old Fitzpicksix!

Everyone here should know what Fitz brings to the table...nothing but mediocrity. I wouldn't swap Tuel for Fitz at this point.