Dareus not cleared to practice yet

First , i am catching up .

So Kudos to billy's thoughtful post . A good read if anyone glossed over it . Compassion right there .

about kyle .. “Hopefully, and I expect it to be a moment for him, where he kind of leaves all that stuff behind and moves forward.” I think that is very real statement by him and not unproffesional . Kyle just told us Marcel is carrying the burden of his sadnesses . And kyle understands it .

I think he is frustrated on a couple levels , right ?

K-9 , that aloof thing makes sense all considering .

You mean since last season when he was benched because he couldn't make it to meetings? Or the season before when I still say he was out of shape until midseason (I think a bigger issue than his brothers death)

He's been productive but it's frustrating knowing how good he could be if he decided football was his calling.

This is the heart of the matter . He should use football for his own good. Devote himself to it. He is sure in the right place for that culture . The honest kind . Marrone is all about that. Lest hope he at least tries and is not too far gone yet .

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh...I think it's time to cut this guy. Unreal that the Bills still have his back. He shows up late to meetings and gets benched for two games last year. Then he's arrested twice in the off - season and than he has the nerve to show up out of shape for camp. Sorry, but can't root for a guy like that.

Darryl Talley happened to Bruce... I'm sure that he had other factors that allowed the light to go off- but Bruce admitted that Talley was a huge influence

Cletus- you're right on the money. Smith needed Talley, but he responded well, and had a tremendous HOF career as a result. I am starting to get concerned on Dareus. I see his talent, but he has to fix these commitment issues to his sport.

You have to say to yourself, " do you not realize your interviewing for the second contract?". He could realize a fantastic payday, and set himself up for life, but he has to do make tHe right choices. He has Kyle. I'm sure he has Wood, and others advising him, but it's up to him.

For those that made comments he can get in shape in two days failing the conditioning test, that doesn't happen. He needed to work his butt off for months getting in great shape, and could be something special.

JJ Watt never had to be told to get in shape. Neither did Justin Smith. Grow up Marcel. Lots of people had very bad things happen to them. Deal with it and prepare like a 3rd pick overall.

uhh...I think it's time to cut this guy. Unreal that the Bills still have his back. He shows up late to meetings and gets benched for two games last year. Then he's arrested twice in the off - season and than he has the nerve to show up out of shape for camp. Sorry, but can't root for a guy like that.

When he pancakes Brady and plays like a pro-bowler, something tells me you'll be rooting for him.

It is time to be patient. He can turn this around. I'm really disappointed in this latest development, but it still screams patience. It's not that easy to find a talent like this guy.

If he doesn't change over the next two years then we can say goodbye. Now is too fast.

I doubt he gets two years out of this front office. They picked up his option for this year but he's on a short leash and they will have no problem letting him go if he doesn't show a marked improvement in his attitude. He's basically on a try out.

GO BILLS!!!

So if he failed the conditioning test....that means he showed up to camp....out of shape. What else did he have to do for the last month besides consult with his lawyers about his two upcoming trials? This guy is as unprofessional as it gets. Should have showed up in the best shape of his life with something to prove.

Exactly. Anyone defending him at this point is really stretching. There is zero reason for a professional athlete, who makes millions of dollars a year to show up out of shape. Imagine having months to get ready for your job, and showing up in no condition to work. Think you'd still have a job???!!!

I doubt he gets two years out of this front office. They picked up his option for this year but he's on a short leash and they will have no problem letting him go if he doesn't show a marked improvement in his attitude. He's basically on a try out.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. And not a good way to start the try out. And he is doing nothing but decrease any trade value he has.

It is time to be patient. He can turn this around. I'm really disappointed in this latest development, but it still screams patience. It's not that easy to find a talent like this guy.

If he doesn't change over the next two years then we can say goodbye. Now is too fast.

You are correct about the talent. But it is time to be pissed off at him. And if he has a monster year and we can get a 1st or early 2nd for him, I'd trade him. He has shown to be predictably unpredictable in coming up with ways to do tremendously stupid things.

What a great week of news for the Bills - start LT has possible illness and now star DT continues to be his own worst enemy. Rough off season when you add in Kiko too.

Hopefully Henderson turns out to be a monster, is on our line for years, and Glenn comes back healthy and ready to go.

Agreed but the homers here will string you up for that. I am sure after his 50th offense we might get the bills to do something. This will be after wasting this year and next paying out money on a guy who may end up being in jail, or worse.

Look take advantage of the fact some teams think they can rehab anyone and get a good pick or two for him. Its obvious with all the people trying to help him IN BUFFALO it just isn't going to work.

albert haynesworth part two....

what a shame.

You nailed it! Now get someone to be stupid enough to trade for him

My take (and I haven't read through the whole thread so maybe already pointed out) is that Stefan Charles looks really good. And this is Dareus's year to prove it for a big contract. So if Charles can push him I can see the Bills moving on if they are get similar production and put those dollars elsewhere. I hope to the heavens that it doesn't come to that. But he does have competition, #3 overall pick or not. He makes mistake after mistake. Let's get it together, Marcell, or you'll be replaced. There will be another team to jump at signing him. But don't think they won't have reservations and it hurt his contract negotiations. I'm hoping he turns a corner but I am getting increasingly pessimistic that will ever happen, at least while he is here.

Sounds like what I told my 7-yr-old the other day...

WGR 550@WGR550 2m

Bills' Dareus needs to learn about responsibility http://bit.ly/1rgQpCM

Not exactly Haynesworth kept it together long enough to get a huge payday. Dareus is acting like someone who could care less.

Dareus is ahead of haynesworth at this point. Albert didn't take off til his contract year. And was a mess off the field still, if I recall.